It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beach Combers find Megaladon Teeth in N. Carolina

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

It would be a cool find. But as far as I can tell, just claims made by eyewitness and no hard proof.
Star for putting the vids up.

I'm not big on Steve Quayle.
But I'll watch from time to time if a major find is put up on YT by more than several credible sources.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sea world and killer whales come to mind. Though a mammal, they are still wild animals. And will turn if necessary. Some just plain turn on you without reason.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Predators.
Big ones. If you're interested...
www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Holy Cow! You put up more... and if that platter size tooth is real. When I get a chance to read and watch what you put up, should be neat. I rally want to know the date of that shark tooth. Hope someday they find a way to get DNA from those teeth.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

No real Megalodon teeth even close to this size have been found. But what if?

www.prehistoricstore.com...
edit on 10/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I'll take Steve's word or the word of any other random eyewitness for that matter long before I believe another word coming from mainstream Science 'fiction' sources...

Fool me twice, shame on me...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

That's 2 of you guys now. Finding shark teeth. I only found shells and cans on the beaches in so Cal. But after moving to Reno NV. I spent time at pyramid lake. Lots of fossil shells. Going right up the mountain sides.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Are you trying to fool us?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Actually I am interested. At first glance I thought Moby Dick.. this was the real story inspiring
Melville's novel as it states. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Holy Cow! You put up more... and if that platter size tooth is real. When I get a chance to read and watch what you put up, should be neat. I rally want to know the date of that shark tooth. Hope someday they find a way to get DNA from those teeth.

I actually found that image in another ATS thread but after doing an image search just now I think I found the original source...

it appears to be a fake sculpture of some kind that sells for about $175...

I just removed it from the post on page 1 for that reason.

No real Megalodon teeth even close to this size have been found. But what if? This is a greatly enlarged sculpture of a Megalodon tooth. Hang this tooth on your wall or place it in your collection of MEG teeth and watch how much attention it gets. A sure fire way to start a conversation.

I'm now wondering if the image below is one of those as well...

edit on 24-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No real Megalodon teeth even close to this size have been found. But what if?

I'm jumping from tab to tab trying to get real info for my thread. That was a big help.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I just removed it from the post on page 1 for that reason.

Fact checking is a good thing.
You're welcome.

edit on 10/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It's all good. I must admit it looks good.
So far the teeth being found are from 5 to 7 inches. And not to dissimilar from great whites.

simple.m.wikipedia.org...

The below is of the measurements between a Megaladon compared to the Great White.
But as usual wiki never loads right. Scroll down on the wiki page I provided above. Big size difference.

commons.m.wikimedia.org...:Megalodon_tooth_with_great_white_sharks_teeth-3-2.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

Still a monster.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yeah, I hate to perpetuate fraud, there's enough of that going around already.

That's why I removed the Japanese Megaladon video also, several posters in another thread said it was fake.

Not sure if it is or not but I like to stick with things I believe personally.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Are you trying to fool us?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually no...

I didn't even see your post with the link to the sculpture until after I found it myself with an image search.

So whats your take on the other tooth held by the girl in the blue tee shirt'?

It appears to be a little on the big side to me...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here's a 16 foot Great White attacking a fishing boat motor. The video does not do it's justice unless you take a measuring tape, and span it across your living room. Now get it to 60ft.

archive.kare11.com...

NOTE: this device I'm using is at 15%. And very bad micro USB charger with an attitude. I'm going to have apologize and get to the laptop... gimme a bit thank you everyone.
Thanks mods too.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I think these are similar but different incidences, this must happen all the time...

Reminds me of the time I went to the beach in Guantanamo Bay once to go snorkeling...

There was a pack of sharks in the water that were attracted by a fisherman's bait at the beach.

Apparently the blood is like a shark magnet.

An Australian fisherman managed to capture stunning footage of a great white shark as it rammed the side of his vessel on Friday, a day ahead of a fatal attack that transpired in Tasmania.

The encounter took place west of Carnac Island, according to the Australian, when angler Mark Peacock was fishing alone in shallow water. His boat was approached by a great white shark, which circled the vessel for several minutes, prompting him to film the animal.

After a moment, however, the shark approached his boat’s motor, causing him to realize the situation had changed. “When it grabbed the motor it shook the boat around, and made me realize just how strong this creature was,” he noted.

www.inquisitr.com...

edit on 24-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wonder how long they had to live to get that big?

Have they ever found any skeletons of this critter, just the teeth survive.

What a predator. The ocean must have been an awesome place back then. If sharks were that big, what size were other fish?

I'd love to sit on the beach and watch the action in and on the water, back then.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Have they ever found any skeletons of this critter, just the teeth survive.

Teeth are the only "boney" parts of sharks. Their skeletons are composed of cartilage, which is not suitable for fossilization.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Where I lived very near north pier, the army corp of engineers dredged up 100s of tons of hard sediment to line the shore with to help control the tidal sand erosion, especially during hurricanes. They were embedded with millions of sharks teeth and fish bone that had settled on the ocean floor.
edit on 24-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join