It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From stressful anger to The Freedom of Gratitude

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Anger says, "Things are going bad for me, like this and this and that."

Gratitude says, "Things are going great for me, like this and this and that."

Anger says, "The world is doomed because of this and that."

Gratitude says, "The World is beautiful because of this and that."

Anger say, "Hurry up."

Gratitude says, "It's ok, take your time and relax."

Anger speaks of domination and violence.

Gratitude speaks of Freedom and Love.

They are opposites. Gratitude purely focuses on what is Beautiful, Kind, and Joyful. Gratitude helps strengthen social bonds, and relaxes the body while strengthening the immune system. Gratitude is finding Joy in loving Life and other people. We have a choice to be Grateful or ungrateful in every moment.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This really is a simple contrast, but anger is not always unprecedented, and gratitude is not always genuine.

It's not always about seeing the positive side of a bad situation, but just being grateful, or understanding that the situation can never produce positive outcomes 100% of the time and that makes us angry.
edit on 24-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Anger says, "Things are going bad for me, like this and this and that."
That is not anger. That is self pity.

Anger says, "The world is doomed because of this and that."
That is not anger. That is hopelessness.

Anger say, "Hurry up."
That is not anger. That is impatience.

Anger speaks of domination and violence.
That is not anger. That is a need to control and subvert.

They are opposites.
No they aren't. They are emotions. Both, along with others, are what make us human.

edit on 10/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

All of those are a part of anger - aggressive and ungrateful.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
No.

They can lead to anger, but they are not a part of anger. The are all separate and distinct.

Anger is anger. There is nothing wrong with anger in and of itself. Anger can be productive. Is anger at injustice a bad thing? What does simple gratitude get you except being satisfied with the status quo?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hey if we're gonna be this loose...

Anger says I'm hungry, and puts food on the table for bellies to be filled.

I'm okay with angry.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Gratitude gets you better and longer sleep, health benefits, lower stress hormones including cortisol which causes memory loss and kills brain cells, increased optimism, endorphine and oxytocin leading to feelings of peace joy and bonding, less aggressive behavior, a balanced blood pressure and cholesterol level, as well as less jealousy and more satisfaction with life.

edit on 24-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Neat.

What does it do for obtain equal rights?

"Yes, massa. I'se so grateful for the pallet I sleeps on in the woodshed, massa. So grateful for the grits. Toby be a good nigga."

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You realize we'd not grow without stress, and cortisol plays it's role in our proper development.

What you're lacking is proper context and perspective. Things in this life are not black and white. Blanket statements will not suffice save the fools.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Gratitude also enhances empathy. That helps with equal rights.

a reply to: pl3bscheese

The world is black and white (Light or darkness/positive or negative).

Everything comes from Peace (Light/High Energy) and can stay there or rebel and be angry.
edit on 24-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yeah. The the abolitionist movement was all about gratitude. The slave owners were just about ready to free their slaves, right?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

That's the world you carved out in your psyche.

I view waves interacting in fractal permutations painting impressions on life which no two entities share in full.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
Fear, as well as anger, are survival mechanisms.
Both can be perverted. That does not mean we can survive without them.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You can be both. I can be an angry person. I have a short fuse. But I am always grateful. Im grateful for the little (big) things like food and water. That I have both puts me in a better place than billions of other people on the planet.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Its actual a large surprise when things can change simply by adjusting your view, and striving to clear pain, ill health, depression from it, with gratitude, giving thanks, thinking of positive blessings. Then even when your body can't strive forward to an action step due to health, to see small step easy and believe your graced. And then that small task might suddenly work out, and more steps. So a part of the gratitude is faith and keeping it simple, then striving forward in smaller easier steps if you can.

Gratitude is a large part of turning frequency around, and one consciously pick themselves up, though it may a Team effort that is inspiring this, from Within, Spirit/Divine Source.

It's how I often find serenity and zenmind and get happier, even when things around me are difficult, and health isn't great. But inner feels uplifted.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Anger is complaining.

Gratitude is appreciating.

They are opposites. Most people go from one to the other, but they are opposites.

Anger is a weakness. Gratitude is strength because when you know things are going your way, anger is replaced with gratitude, but once a person believes that things are not going their way, they get angry.

So gratitude shows a pure (positive) mind, and faith/trust that everything will be ok; while anger show obsession with negativity (impure mind), and a lack of faith/trust (desperation).

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That's far too circular. All you're really saying is you don't value anger, and value gratitude. There is no inherent weakness or strength in either, it's about how successful you are using what nature has given us. I would objectively have less opportunities without wisely showing anger where appropriate.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

This is why anger is weakness:

Anger whines and complains and can even becomes violent when desperate.

Gratitude empowers you by helping you keep awareness of how things are always working out for you.

Therefore, anger is weakness and gratitude is power.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Great, pick a single circumstance where they are expressed to protect your cherished values. Just don't expect me not to see through this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join