It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How on earth is promoting violence, genocide and torture somehow socially acceptable?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

And sometimes, you just have to ignore the hatred, anger and pain that drives people to say these things, and move on. I will take leave of the thread, because your point has been proven.

But remember, it's just people's opinions. They will deal with their 'stuff' as needed. You don't have to buy into it.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ask any of these killers in this thread how many pedophiles they've killed, and you'll see it's all talk. Talk isn't the same as action. It's so they can appear a certain way without actually having to do much.

Ask yourself what this kind of talk has amounted to, and see if it is worth our indignation, or our laughter.
edit on 25-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Many of my actions have lead directly to the deaths of Taliban and Haqqani Network members.

Many of whom enjoy raping little boys and marrying/raping little girls.

Once again, I very much believe killing these people outright is perfectly fine.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I understand and repect your personal feelings on this and other matters, do you honestly feel however that as I asked earlier in the thread that these things should be spoken about in such a casual matter of fact manner? To take such a widespread group of people and discuss with what can almost be described as exitement such horrific things, would you discuss these things with strangers or in front of teenagers with no feeling of wrong doing?

Do you feel that this kind of comment is suitable for an online discussion board such as this one?

These are all genuine questions and I would be interested in your opinions.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Why not speak of them?

Why do we have to bury our heads in the sand?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I am not asking you or anybody to bury there head in the sand. My OP was not intended to suggest that people do not have the right to an opinion but that used to be a level of decency and decorum were such things were not spoken of publicly and with pride in the fact that people advocate murder and torture.

As I said earlier there seems to be an imbalance, I cannot say # but I can say BURN ALL THE MUSLIMS.

This as I say makes no sense to me.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I believe that you deal with the consequences of what you say.

You can say 'burn the muslims' all you want. You'll sound like an idiot doing so, and most likely people will treat you as such. We all know the majority of Muslims aren't bad people. We all know that we should not cast such terrible aspersions so as to justify an injustice upon those whom would otherwise be innocent people.

Pedophiles aren't the same thing. It is not acceptable behavior, it is not a cultural difference, it is not a belief system, it is not a sexual orientation.

It is the nature of a predatory creature that enjoys preying upon the most innocent among us.

You don't show evil like that mercy. And you certainly don't shy away from speaking about it as such.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You can say 'burn the muslims' all you want. You'll sound like an idiot doing so, and most likely people will treat you as such. We all know the majority of Muslims aren't bad people. We all know that we should not cast such terrible aspersions so as to justify an injustice upon those whom would otherwise be innocent people.

Pedophiles aren't the same thing. It is not acceptable behavior, it is not a cultural difference, it is not a belief system, it is not a sexual orientation.

It is the nature of a predatory creature that enjoys preying upon the most innocent among us.

You don't show evil like that mercy. And you certainly don't shy away from speaking about it as such.

What about people that try to make people look like pedophiles to secure the ends to their own means? Should those people be shown mercy? Should those people still be allowed to maintain a badge and work in Law Enforcement, or still allowed to serve in the military?

How about ex-CIA agents that now work privately with no over-site that sow discord and perpetrate a myth under the guise of "academic research" to obtain a means to their own ends? While maintaining and participating in intra-agency warfare?

How is any of that any better?
edit on 25-10-2015 by MontukKraken because: Going to Watch Pixels later, Jurassic World was pretty good, IMO.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MontukKraken

What about people that try to make people look like pedophiles to secure the ends to their own means?

What are you going on about? Why are you trying to make a straight forward conversation into a convoluted what-if-scenario logic trap? It doesn't make sense.

Should those people be shown mercy? Should those people still be allowed to maintain a badge and work in Law Enforcement, or still allowed to serve in the military?

Lying to get into the military or law enforcement is a crime. False enlistments are already punishable by law. Lying is not the same thing as preying on children. Let's stay focused, shall we?

How about ex-CIA agents that now work privately with no over-site

The word you're looking for is "oversight". Also, what does this have to do with anything?

While maintaining and participating in intra-agency warfare?

Again, what does this have to do with anything? You're rambling. Please don't address me anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

We seem to have crossed wires here somewhere. My OP was about weather or not it is socially acceptable to talk about torture, genocide and murder.

You seem to have made this about your personal opinion on a specific subject which although I used as one example was not intended as the basis of the thread.

So Taking peodophilia out of the equasion do you feel that openly condoning acts of extreme violence and torture are acceptable in polite conversation and if so why do you feel this way.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Its all fun and games till ones one the wrong side of the sword.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's not just acceptable, but people are proud of it.

American citizens are proud that our country was founded on committing genocide on the Native Americans. Any nobility our founding fathers had was pretty much thrown out of the window when they committed this act. Oh and then there is that whole slavery thing, perfectly acceptable by their standards....pathetic and I am quite the opposite of a patriot of my country. I am ashamed.

Not to mention this is not even my home, or anybody else living on this land besides the Natives. You, me and everyone you know is European, Asian, African, and everywhere else besides America.

The sheeple are perfectly fine when it comes to accepting violence and overall evil tendencies.
edit on 25-10-2015 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is the way things have always been. Don't make the mistake of reading my first sentence and thinking I think this is OK.

I was in the military when I found out the truth about these things, in combat I realized the only thing that I really had to do was throw my morals out the window and try not to get killed any way I could.

I promptly got myself out of the military as soon as I could on a general discharge for unsatisfactory performance....

Two ARCOM's, Two AAM's and E-5 in three years when wages and rank were frozen in the early 80's....

Everything changes after the game becomes real if one has any real morals.

People need to stop running into the truth, falling down, getting back up, dusting themselves off and keeping on walking.

Civil disobedience is in order if people would stop arguing about who and how they want to be civilly disobedient.

Just refuse. Deal with the pain we have to endure until those in power cannot ignore us anymore and have to make changes.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So defending is not in your vocabulary? I AM a combat vet so I KNOW of whom you speak.
I wouldn't want to kill Islam I just want to kill the corruptors of it,we just can't tell them apart and from what I have seen they aren't being stiffled by the faith , accept where they safely CAN do so...making them ALL a threat until we sort this mess out.
Killing them all is a short sighted simple minded response,however we can't pinpoint each one and they are using their moderates as sheilds so innocents get hit too. NO OTHER force on earth loses troops protecting the indiginous populations like the US soldier.We are often chastized by OTHER simple minds who some how think war is because of the warriors.
WE have white supremacists in America but they ARE SHUNNED by our society as a whole and don't really maintain strong numbers enough to make a difference anyway, OUTSIDE of the occasional attacks they want to take our guns for.
MY step daughter was a victim of a pedo I WOULD gladly mangle them with my bare hands and CAN do such a thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
lolll our gov's do it every day !

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You may misunderstand my sadness.

I am saddened by those who feel that violent retibution is a solution, Once an act happens nothing can change that. Inflicting or wishing something nasty happening to the perpretator becomes someting else.

My issue is with the fact that as a society we still bay for blood and encourage hate and violence as a solution when it resolves nothing.

Individuals can consider what karmic justice they will behold ahead of time rather than learn from their mistakes the hard way- through terrible consequences...

If consequences were weighed properly, it would not be so difficult to cooperate.

Nobody wants to cooperate is where feelings begin to get hurt, people start stealing just to eat...it's not beneath any of us to just want to live a little.

Money-changers get off on depravity, so money has no place in a cooperative society?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

So defending is not in your vocabulary? I AM a combat vet so I KNOW of whom you speak.
I wouldn't want to kill Islam I just want to kill the corruptors of it,we just can't tell them apart and from what I have seen they aren't being stiffled by the faith , accept where they safely CAN do so...making them ALL a threat until we sort this mess out.
Killing them all is a short sighted simple minded response,however we can't pinpoint each one and they are using their moderates as sheilds so innocents get hit too. NO OTHER force on earth loses troops protecting the indiginous populations like the US soldier.We are often chastized by OTHER simple minds who some how think war is because of the warriors.
WE have white supremacists in America but they ARE SHUNNED by our society as a whole and don't really maintain strong numbers enough to make a difference anyway, OUTSIDE of the occasional attacks they want to take our guns for.
MY step daughter was a victim of a pedo I WOULD gladly mangle them with my bare hands and CAN do such a thing.

I will say the same to you as I have to other posters in this thread.

My issue is not with the sentiment, I respect your right to have an opinion regardless of my own personal feelings towards it.

My issue stands in that the open discussion of murder, torture and genocide should not in my opinion be tolerated. If you wish to hold such views that is your right but to offer it freely and in polite conversation is to me uncalled for. As I have again said many times now profanity is deemed offensive yet hatred towards huge groups of people is not only allowed it is seemingly encouraged.

I ask you as a genuine question. Do you talk in such an open manner with your family and friends? Do you promote this kind of attitude to any children that may be n your life? Do you honestly feel that promoting violence and torture is the way forward and benifivial to society as a whole?

I anticipate your answers as per my OP I am confused by this.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I watch it ,speak it, I have for the most part mastered some of it's tennants.
I would wonder why enertainment ,speech and such training could be equated to promotion?
It exists ,I won't hide from reality,having delt with it.
My humor is dark to my family and friends who are aware of my background they seem to be unaffceted.
Perhaps a tougher skin maybe?
I don't watch ISIS videos and most horror gore is boring ,again having seen it in person,but ignoring it sin't an answer at all.
edit on 25-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

So Taking peodophilia out of the equasion do you feel that openly condoning acts of extreme violence and torture are acceptable in polite conversation and if so why do you feel this way.

Violence is a tool. It is used by good and bad people.

It is more important to understand the place violence is appropriate. Discussion of Violence in any fashion is fine.

Pride is on a different level. Even those who commit atrocities are not necessarily proud of their actions. But were driven there by a sense of justification.

I am extremely skilled in the use of violence as a TOOL, NOT as a way of life. I take no pride in using violence. But that doesn't mean I abhor violence.

Depending on the offense committed against me or my friends and family, I may even enjoy it.

edit on -05:00Sun, 25 Oct 2015 19:14:19 -0500201525America/Chicago2015-10-25T19:14:19-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join