It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How on earth is promoting violence, genocide and torture somehow socially acceptable?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This thread is something I have been thinking about for a while now, It is also something that I considered putting in the "Rant" forum.

This is not a "Rant" as I would need to be angry or agressive about this but I am not. I am deeply saddened by this and do not know what to do about it.

I am going to approach a few subjects here that I understand will cause upset and anger with most people, what I take issue with is however is not the issue but the reactions and responses of so called Human beings, people who consider themselves "Right" and "Honest" and "Good".

The first issue I would like to address is Peadophila. This is and always has been a very serious issue within society. At what point does it become acceptable to say something along the lines of " They should have there genetalia cut off and then be set on fire"? I have no links to someone actually saying this but have come across this opinion many times usually from "Nice" people who think they are well balanced ect.

Really? is that acceptable? mutilation and then burned alive?

The second issue I would like to raise for now is that of Muslims. For reasons I cannot fathom it is socially acceptable both online and in person to say that "We should nuke them back into the dark ages, that is where they belong" or other such terrible comments. How is the propergation of genocide and war deemed inoffensive?

The use of profanity and profane gestures is still deemed inappropriate yet genocide, torture and violence is somehow not only socially aceptable but also encouraged.

I am saddened by this, I really am
edit on 24/10/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ehhh I don't share your sadness for violent retribution inflicted on paedosadists.

In fact quite the opposite, I feel euphoric when I read stories of their pain.

That can be a side effect of being abused as a child though.
edit on 24-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
At what point does it become acceptable to say something along the lines of " They should have there genetalia cut off and then be set on fire"?
For reasons I cannot fathom it is socially acceptable both online and in person to say that "We should nuke them back into the dark ages, that is where they belong"

Why do you say these are "socially acceptable"? I think they're disgusting. AND people have the right to say things like that. I will say that people online say ANYTHING they can get away with. The stuff may be accepted online, but they would likely meet resistance if they said it in a crowded room, so I wouldn't call it socially acceptable.

edit on 10/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You may misunderstand my sadness.

I am saddened by those who feel that violent retibution is a solution, Once an act happens nothing can change that. Inflicting or wishing something nasty happening to the perpretator becomes someting else.

My issue is with the fact that as a society we still bay for blood and encourage hate and violence as a solution when it resolves nothing.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

At what point does it become acceptable to say something along the lines of " They should have there genetalia cut off and then be set on fire"?
For reasons I cannot fathom it is socially acceptable both online and in person to say that "We should nuke them back into the dark ages, that is where they belong"

Why do you say these are "socially acceptable"? I think they're disgusting. AND people have the right to say things like that. I will say that people online say ANYTHING they can get away with. The stuff may be accepted online, but they would likely meet resistance if they said it in a crowded room, so I wouldn't call it socially acceptable.

I see and hear these kind of sentiments on a daily basis both in online "anonymous" forums and in real life from so called well balanced people.

I say they are socially acceptable becuase it appears to me that it is socially acceptable to voice these kinds of opinions without question and often to general agreement.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It can just as easily bring a sense of justice and closure for many.

The way I look at it, prison does not fit the crime when it comes to paedophilia...

So what does?

You could argue a quick and simple bullet to the temple, or the electric chair...

But that can always be perceived as an easy way out for the perp.

I can only speak for myself, but I remain jubilant when I think or hear of horrible things happening to paedos.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To face and destroy evil sometimes one must go to war.

In war everyone is evil.

It's whether you can turn the switch off once the battle is over that makes the difference in who we are.

Restraint, mercy, honor, empathy. When I turn my switch on they don't just go away.

But they certainly aren't the most important thing. Destroying the Evil usually takes precedence.

I suspect that it is the same when people say the things you described.

Their switch gets turned on by the notion of the helpless and hopeless being hurt and there is little they can do. It is borne of their own helplessness to change the situation.

We all have that switch. Don't think yourself different.
edit on -05:00Sat, 24 Oct 2015 17:09:47 -0500201524America/Chicago2015-10-24T17:09:47-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I will respect your right to an opinion and take that no further.

As to the opinion that all muslims should be bombed back into the dark ages? Is that acceptable in a so called modern world? Is this reasoning for violence ok with you?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What "WAR" are you referring to in your post please?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Some people just need killing. To me, that's it. Some people can't be reasoned with. They can't be hugged better. Locking them away doesn't solve it all the time. The world would truly be a better place with some people taken from it. One can be as peace loving and love thy neighbor as one wants to be and that's great, but there are some people who will do nothing but take every advantage of that attitude they can.

But I think the overwhelming majority of people like to act like Billy Badass, especially online, because it makes them feel better. And it makes others feel better to see that somebody else said the same thing they did. Ergo, you get acceptance.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That'd be a totally different argument to be fair, I'm not a fan of collective punishment no matter the group involved.

The nuke em all rhetoric is pretty outrageous, it's similar to the "sterilise all the poor" argument that floats about now and then.

Pretty uncalled for.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The constant war against our own darkness as humans.

We desperately try to wipe it out regardless of how much of it presents itself.

It is perfectly acceptable to destroy those who would prey on the weak. Like paedophiles.

Why would it not be? They believe themselves predators and the children they destroy their prey.

There are people who exist solely to cause harm to those evil people. I will always applaud their efforts to destroy them.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I must admit i have written similar stuff and i have said it openly in a room full of people,as far as i am concerned our "justice" system a term i will use loosely is not working,often pedo's are returned into society only to re offend....i would ask is it acceptable to let other childrens lives get messed up for the sake of trying to rehabilitate a monster....

Yes having genitalia cut off is extreme but when the shoe fits...........

The problem with this is these people are sick really sick and they deal in misery for others,it is not socially acceptable to let these people have freedom in our society as they cannot be trusted...so just where do we find the middle ground to deal with the issues at hand ?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Some people just need killing. To me, that's it. Some people can't be reasoned with. They can't be hugged better. Locking them away doesn't solve it all the time. The world would truly be a better place with some people taken from it. One can be as peace loving and love thy neighbor as one wants to be and that's great, but there are some people who will do nothing but take every advantage of that attitude they can.

But I think the overwhelming majority of people like to act like Billy Badass, especially online, because it makes them feel better. And it makes others feel better to see that somebody else said the same thing they did. Ergo, you get acceptance.

I think that your opening statement pretty much sums up my issue here.

"Some people just need killing"...

I kind of knew I should not have started this and your comment confirms my instincts. I really do not understand this.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I liken it to the same machismo that many people online have when discussing any transgression. If a story involves a burglar or an attacker, there will always be those types who begin with "If he tried that with me..." and then go on about how awesomely they would destroy the person. Oh, and they never forget to mention their guns, big dogs, training, etc.

These people cheer on when some old coot kills sleeping squatters or beats a road rager with a tire iron. It's just part of the mind set some people raise their kids with. That "toughness = worth" mindset is the same one that espouses burning to death sexual criminals or annihilating entire cultures they don't like with bombs.

I like to think it is just big talk from people and that we really aren't surrounded by bloodthirsty vigilantes.

edit on 24-10-2015 by Abysha because: Stuffs

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I see and hear these kind of sentiments on a daily basis both in online "anonymous" forums and in real life from so called well balanced people.

There's a big difference between the anonymous online forum, where one might expect to hear the worst, and real life. If you're hearing things like this in real life, and it's met with agreement, who are you hanging out with? I don't really want an answer, but you might want to consider that.

Also, people can say these things to release frustration or anger. I seriously doubt, if given the opportunity, that they'd make good on these actions.

Just as a side note, I was molested as a child and some of the counseling included visiting a prison and talking with molesters. It was EYE-OPENING!!! and very therapeutic for me.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The constant war against our own darkness as humans.

We desperately try to wipe it out regardless of how much of it presents itself.

It is perfectly acceptable to destroy those who would prey on the weak. Like paedophiles.

Why would it not be? They believe themselves predators and the children they destroy their prey.

There are people who exist solely to cause harm to those evil people. I will always applaud their efforts to destroy them.

Lets just leave it there then eh?

You like the thought of retribution even though it changes nothing but makes you feel all powerfull and I feel that it will not change something that has already occured.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I think that your opening statement pretty much sums up my issue here.

"Some people just need killing"...

I kind of knew I should not have started this and your comment confirms my instincts. I really do not understand this.

You're right, you don't understand. As loathe as I am to introduce the Hitler argument, I can't see any reason to have kept him alive. Can you? He moved a nation to make global war in a matter of a few years. A person who is inherently evil has no reason to continue to be given the opportunity to be evil. Lock him up? Super, now he's inflicting his evil on guards and prisoners. How many of them should be killed or maimed before the problem is taken care of?

It doesn't matter though. You don't really want discussion or back and forth. You wanted to make your points and dismiss what doesn't line up with it. So yea, it is your issue. Meh.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You do it to prevent further injury, injustice, torture, and death of innocence.

Don't be so naive. The world is filled with dark forces in many forms. You don't stop it by appeasement, suggestions, philosophy, or attempts at reasoning.

You destroy it utterly.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Hmmmm..... I thought about it and no, I don't have much pity for child rapists.

The lit on fire might be a little much to some people but castration is an acceptable cure to that problem when guilt is proven without a doubt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join