It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whu does everything have to be low fat and low sodium?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Healthy fats are good for you. Omega 3's. Your brain needs them to function. Real salt is also good for you. Not that Morton's table salt.

Refined and processed food are the real cause of obesity. The body is starving for nutrients, so it holds on to fat. This causes the body to take from muscles and organs before it burns up fat stores. This is why some people can exercise a lot and eat very little and yet they can't lose the body fat. Weight loss on the scale shows muscle loss. To lose weight you have to get adequate nutrition and that includes fat and sodium.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Because you will die early and be ill all the time while you are alive if you don't look after yourself. A rich man would say what is money if you do not have the health to enjoy it?

Obesity is a plague in the West. It is killing people early and they are suffering ill health while they are alive. It is like a car. If you look after that car it will do double the mileage than if you treat it like # and abuse it. The body is a biological machine.

People are told to consume alcohol responsibly, the same principle should be applied to salt, fat, donuts, etc. I drink chocolate milk maybe twice a year. When I do enjoy it, I would like the real thing, and I think its BS that I have to go on a quest to find it.

Stop watering down milk. Stop bleaching rice and flour. Stop filling everything with MSG, spray-on gluten, and high fructose corn syrup. These are just a few of the real problems and reducing fat and sodium isn't even making a dent.

Jesus said, remove the log from you're own eye before trying to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

In this case, the added/modified chemicals are the log, whereas the amount of fat and salt I choose to consume is my speck.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I grew up on skim milk. My mother would never buy whole milk. It tasted awful, so I never drank milk at home. Probably in the future, the only things people will be able to buy is celery and carrot sticks. Anything that has salt, sugar, cream, fat, carbs and nitrates, will be taken off the shelf by the food police.

I can see it now, photos of Pizza, donuts and steaks in history books.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Carrots have a lot of sugar, can cause nutrient absorption issues and turn your skin orange if you eat too many. Celery has compounds that can make you more photosensitive and can interfere with iodine absorption causing thyroid issues.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Because people are too stupid to have a healhy diet and become a strain on the healtcare system.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

That's a sad future you see my friend, but you're probably right.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Times may be a changing -- and none too soon!

For decades, the government steered millions away from whole milk. Was that wrong?

Scientists who tallied diet and health records for several thousand patients over ten years found, for example, that contrary to the government advice, people who consumed more milk fat had lower incidence of heart disease.

Now if we can just do something about doctors handing out statins like candy...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

If you smoke,don't eat carrots:gives you lung cancer.

The vitamins and minerals in milk are dissolved in the fat:no fat=no good.

Eat no sugar or sweetener.

Eat plenty of fat.Yes,it will make you thinner.Even saturated fats are good.But......STOP EATING BREAD!

Bacon butty without the bread.Healthy times ahead.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Because people are too stupid to have a healhy diet and become a strain on the healtcare system.

And if that healthcare system were not collectivized to the degree it is, whether or not people were too stupid to eat healthy and became a strain on themselves wouldn't be anyone else's concern.

So I guess now, the government has decided to collectivize our diets too?

Thank you, but no. I want to decide what I eat, not what some government appointed diet beancounter decided is best for me.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

8,000 children are treated in emergency rooms every day for sports related injuries.
swata

Can we ban sports now?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They're working on it. Hence the trend toward hiring recess consultants.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep.
A couple of years ago, a student fell off the monkey bars at the elementary school playground my kids went to. They shut down the playground for a couple of days to figure out what to do.... their engineered, safety designed playground managed to break a kids arm.
No more monkey bars.
The building is two stories. I am waiting for a kid to fall down the stairs.... Will they knock down the second floor to make the building safe?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

I was teasing WeRpeons, but yes, I agree with you.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I buy full fat yogurt [Fage Greek] and go out of my way to never buy low fat anything.
In fact, I have been known to use half and half in cooking.

I will do low sugar if I feel something is too sweet....or if it has HFCS.
And, I don't like some things salty. And
on using sea salt.

I agree they limit foods they should leave alone...as if what they eliminate is going to make us healthy LOLOL.

Now gluten....I HAVE to avoid that stuff.....folks want to say that is a made up problem....they couldn't be more wrong.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
People need to realize that eating bad foods has a chance to do bad things to your body, people need to take responsibly about there action.

But as usual the same people tell us how bad the gubernment is and they can see food being banned.

Same old song different dance.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Are bad foods getting banned nope, but thanks for coming out.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Same old song different dance, its not the gubernment fault people are too dumb to have a healthy diet.

But yea its everybody else fault, not the person who eats bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Naw man, if you want to live longer, keep things at moderate levels.

You absolutely should avoid overloading yourself with sodium and sugar, you'll die. But you don't want to deprive yourself of them either.

There is this trend recently, that a lot of folks just want to eat healthy. So Yogurt now became Greek Yogurt. Regular milk, is now 2% Reduced Fat Milk, Lactose Free.

Breads are no longer breads, they're Multi-Grain breads without Enriched Flours.

Sodas are no longer sodas, they are Max, Zero, Diet or Low Calories.

Eggs, are no longer eggs. Now they're egg whites.

Meats are no longer just meats, but LEAN meats like Triceps, Chicken Breast, Salmon and Turkey.

Produce are no longer just produce, they have to be ORGANIC now.

I live this life style, it's a pain in the ass. I binge/pig out on the weekends though, but this type of dieting habit keeps you in a "Fit" shape though.
edit on 10/26/2015 by truthseeker84 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join