It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whu does everything have to be low fat and low sodium?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Went by the grocery store today to have a donut and chocolate milk. Every single damn brand of chocolate milk was low fat!!! Why? Buy a can of soup, there's a good chance it says reduced sodium. Get some yogurt and its probably made from skim milk.

All this reduction in nutritional elements clearly hasn't done Amerikkka a bit of good, so why put it in everyone's face.

I want to see whole chocolate milk. I want soup so damn salty that my ankles swell. Take out the useless additives and leave the fat and salt alone!!!

edit on 24-10-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

edit on 24-10-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Why does food is to be removed of fat, gluten, sugar, minerals, etc?

So that you eventually pay for air...

edit on 24-10-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
No soup for you two weeks

edit on 24-10-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Quite right, that's an excellent rant! I love full fat milk because it tastes of milk and mmmmm, salt.
Half fat things annoy me too.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The food pyramid is intentionally upside down.To create a fat and sick population, for money,infertility and depopulation.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Because you will die early and be ill all the time while you are alive if you don't look after yourself. A rich man would say what is money if you do not have the health to enjoy it?

Obesity is a plague in the West. It is killing people early and they are suffering ill health while they are alive. It is like a car. If you look after that car it will do double the mileage than if you treat it like # and abuse it. The body is a biological machine.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Because when you remove the fat from milk all you have left is the liquid and the sugar which is so much more healthy for you. /sarc

If you are going to buy milk, go for the whole milk. Yes, it's fat, but it's better for you to drink the milk fat in moderation than it is to drink the watery whey with the milk sugars. They fat fills you faster and keeps you fuller longer. You don't need as much and the sugars are less.

And salt in moderation isn't as bad for you as the doctors will tell you. If the rest of your diet is in order, your blood pressure will come down even if you are eating some salt in your diet.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Because when you remove the fat from milk all you have left is the liquid and the sugar which is so much more healthy for you. /sarc

If you are going to buy milk, go for the whole milk. Yes, it's fat, but it's better for you to drink the milk fat in moderation than it is to drink the watery whey with the milk sugars. They fat fills you faster and keeps you fuller longer. You don't need as much and the sugars are less.

And salt in moderation isn't as bad for you as the doctors will tell you. If the rest of your diet is in order, your blood pressure will come down even if you are eating some salt in your diet.

Depends on the kind of salt.The processed,bleached, table salt most people use has no nutritional value at all.In fact it's detrimental to health.Celtic sea salt and pink salt are the best.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Moderation being the key word there, exactly. It's only when folk eat too much of this stuff that it causes problems.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
but they dont mind adding corn syrup, bringing on diabetes
great for the medical industries

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

www.notmilk.com
humans were never meant to drink cows milk

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
d/p

edit on 24-10-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just make your own soup at home and add all the fat and salt that you want! Lots of brands make whole milk in a chocolate version.

Have fun and make the fattiest, chocolatiest, sugariest donuts known to man.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

And no one forces you to drink any, but I happen to like mine.

So you drink what you feel is best and leave me my choices. I intend to die happy knowing that I lived my life rather than eating a diet that makes me miserable because I don't enjoy it but it might have given me one or two more years of eating craptastic food.

So, sure I'll eat healthy, but at the same time, I'll also eat what tastes good. Happily, most of the time the two coincide, but there is a limit.

edit on 24-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I want to see whole chocolate milk. I want soup so damn salty that my ankles swell. Take out the useless additives and leave the fat and salt alone!!!

Buy whole white milk and add Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, buy the reduced sodium soup and add salt. Problem solved and now your arteries can continue clogging, your heart will love the high amount of salt, and sooner or later welcome to the Diabetics club. :-)

Good rant and I am not kidding you made some good points about what choices we have at the consumer level. I believe it is impossible to please everyone at any given time. I recall when the butchers "Doctors" told me to reduce salt years and years ago. I asked the same questions you ask now but in reverse.......Why is it we cannot find salt free Margarine/Oleo ?
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Someone beat me to the idea of whole milk flavored with sugary, chocolaty Nestle Quik. You could also switch to kosher salt. It's not iodized, but it is half the sodium of regular table salt per serving, with all the salty goodness. I've used it on the table and in cooking for years.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

We use kosher, sea or regular table depending on our moods and need.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Small local dairies that process milk from their own cows still make whole milk chocolate milk. It is hard to beat.
I can't stand Yoo-hoo chocolate drink. I has some dairy by products in it, but no milk. What a disappointing thing to try and drink.... watery crap.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh, we have a small batch local dairy that makes egg nog ... OMG! It's the BEST! and that's before you spike it.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Moderation is the key.
I never skimp on flavor.
Fat tastes good.
Don't eat more fuel than you burn.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join