It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained artifacts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

originally posted by: Harte
A quick search would have told you I know all about Steen-MacIntyre and the bogus claim about why she became a failure.

Her findings were published, she wasn't blacklisted for her claims.

Several of her peers have also published about it and weren't blacklisted.

She has published papers about the site at least five times since then.

No, Steen-MacIntyre lost her career when she jumped her boss Cynthia Irwin-Williams with her publication.

It was Irwin-Williams site. Steen-MacIntyre was brought in with a group from the USGS when she was not yet a PhD - still a student. She decided to publish the findings before the actual archaeological team in charge published theirs.

Irwin-Williams published the same dates for the find, along with a plethora of other material. Why wasn't she blacklisted if the early dates caused Steen-MacIntyre's woes?

Harte

LOL..

you do realize Virgina Steen - McIntyre was at the same spot in different time frames right ?
her first encounter at the site was when she was a Student ..
so dont make it look like she was only there once ..

Of course I know it.

I posted that she'd published several papers on it.

I know about all the attempts at dating the site, the switch from 250,000 years old to "maybe 25 - 50k" and the push in the other direction with the analysis of diatoms in the soil and on the artifacts.

I told you exactly what happened to her. A student doesn't publish findings from a site currently under analysis by a Chief Archaeologist.

These are people, not robots we're talking about here. You try something like that at your job - go behind the back of the CEO. You won't work in that industry again, no matter what it was you did.

Besides, she did it to herself. And let's not pretend that a person holding an advanced degree in Geology can't get a job. The country is full of people employing geologists. Environmental firms, construction firms, the USGS itself, etc.

What happened was that she ruined her own academic career.

And I saw your documentary the first time it ran on television, and at least 20 times since. That piece of crap is utterly riddled with baseless and unevidenced nonsense.

Harte

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My favorite OOPart are the machine marks on Granite in Giza, still trying to figure out how that much pressure was applied while using "hand" tools, that and using something so much softer to cut with (copper on granite) and yes sand could have been used but what about the pressure??

link

link

link
edit on 2-11-2015 by thedigirati because: bad link

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

( Norse in Canada )

LOL ...
that's my Territory !

Hard Evidence of Norse Villages in
Halifax & Newfoundland
and all along the St Lawrence Seaway!
of Rock Mounds and etched Runes and Metal Arrowheads.
let alone Iroquois Mohawk Long houses same structure of
Vikings .. Main Halls & Compounds..

Wanna share some references on this? Beyond the L'Anse Aux Meadows butternut and Pat Sutherland on Baffin Island?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

( Norse in Canada )

LOL ...
that's my Territory !

Hard Evidence of Norse Villages in
Halifax & Newfoundland
and all along the St Lawrence Seaway!
of Rock Mounds and etched Runes and Metal Arrowheads.
let alone Iroquois Mohawk Long houses same structure of
Vikings .. Main Halls & Compounds..

Wanna share some references on this? Beyond the L'Anse Aux Meadows butternut and Pat Sutherland on Baffin Island?

JohnnyCanuck
Find about ::

Thorvald's Rock
Hampton, New Hampshire

Norumbega, Rhode Island a Norse Colony

Americas Stone Hedge in New Hampshire ( debatable , Ancient Irish monks to Norseman that built them )
and for my personal conclusion.

you know what a Long House is ? I would Assume you would seeing your Canadian

Have you ever compare a Iroquois Mohawk Long House to a Viking Longhouse Hall ??

they are practically Identical ( IMO )

Iroquois Mohawk Long House

Norse Long House

That would, be my Evidence ..

and tho NO Other Native American Tribe in North America ( US / Canada )
has Structures Like, the Long House ( Only the Iroquois Confederation Has the Long Houses )
that is In Northern New York and Ontario to Quebec in Canada
and Iroquois Long Houses are closely built like The Norse ( vikings ) Long houses ( Halls ) A a place for Gathering of meetings
as it is Now for modern Day for Council on Mohawk Reservations

this is why I Tend to Think the Norse
has traveled as far as the ST Lawrence Sea Way at Least in Ontario & New York

they may of settled or merged with in some tribes .

edit on 22015TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago11306 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 22015TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago11306 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
They call them OOPARTS and they would not actually want to know where they came from because then all their precious history books would become fictional toilet paper, which they are anyway.

Sure. Because no scientist wants to be known for discovering something which can be proven to be revolutionary.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

A quick search would have told you I know all about Steen-MacIntyre and the bogus claim about why she became a failure.

Her findings were published, she wasn't blacklisted for her claims.

Several of her peers have also published about it and weren't blacklisted.

She has published papers about the site at least five times since then.

No, Steen-MacIntyre lost her career when she jumped her boss Cynthia Irwin-Williams with her publication.

It was Irwin-Williams site. Steen-MacIntyre was brought in with a group from the USGS when she was not yet a PhD - still a student. She decided to publish the findings before the actual archaeological team in charge published theirs.

Irwin-Williams published the same dates for the find, along with a plethora of other material. Why wasn't she blacklisted if the early dates caused Steen-MacIntyre's woes?

Harte

LOL..

you do realize Virgina Steen - McIntyre was at the same spot in different time frames right ?
her first encounter at the site was when she was a Student ..
so dont make it look like she was only there once ..

Of course I know it.

I posted that she'd published several papers on it.

I know about all the attempts at dating the site, the switch from 250,000 years old to "maybe 25 - 50k" and the push in the other direction with the analysis of diatoms in the soil and on the artifacts.

I told you exactly what happened to her. A student doesn't publish findings from a site currently under analysis by a Chief Archaeologist.

These are people, not robots we're talking about here. You try something like that at your job - go behind the back of the CEO. You won't work in that industry again, no matter what it was you did.

Besides, she did it to herself. And let's not pretend that a person holding an advanced degree in Geology can't get a job. The country is full of people employing geologists. Environmental firms, construction firms, the USGS itself, etc.

What happened was that she ruined her own academic career.

And I saw your documentary the first time it ran on television, and at least 20 times since. That piece of crap is utterly riddled with baseless and unevidenced nonsense.

Harte

Only the Ones that Stand their Ground of what they Believe in, of what the they have found .. and that is your Own Opinion , if thats what you think... we would still be living in the 18th century :
Most Students Challenge their Teachers. what Williams didn't like was she get all the Credit
and what does that suppose to mean Chief Archaeologist. I assume it Mean to you it to keep Quite and not interfere or interact in differences ,, So she step on the side line , and broke a chain of Command ? so what is this the Military now .. you mean Virgina McIntyre was do go through Ranks !
that why most Scientist, Archaeologist, Chemist , Bio Engineers, etc.. Stay Silent.. of that Kind of Fear.

but Yet a group of Israeli Scientist claim of 400,000 old Spearheads and a Major OOP Art, and that is Ok,
while 40 year before a Woman Clamming a 250,000 old site yet both found similar of the same thing ..
the difference is it on different location from the Old World and the New World ! its a Discrepancy because of the Bering Strait Theory, is Faltered... if its the exact date,,

as i said before the Mysterious Origins of Man , has some Points and some of it isnt accurate
that where you have to do your own research , to see whats the strait facts are,
the Documentary is not for the Gullible..

I like the Puma punku and

Tiwanaco Site it talks about
and its theory of being 17 thousand years old ..
yet most of the dating of the stones are 2 to 3 thousand years old

well still there is no explanation of puma punku site of who made the ruins,
how they were created , built & designed on theory's

unless you think , Primitive Natives ( INCA ) Built them Especially with no written Language
except for Rope Knot Dating ... lol.. the Site doesn't even Mach up with the Rest of the
Pre Colombian Structures in the South , Central American's and Mexico, as the Most Noticeable is the H Blocks ( like a Lego building block ).. for sure Primitive early Bronze age Natives made these Ruins Right ?? that even Modern Technology Equipment would have a hard time to reproduce .

you think that early Bronze age primitive People ( INCAS )
could Design such a Structure ?

yeah there needs to be hard facts.. there is only theory's of how it was built , like Egyptian pyramids ,
and the only evidence is the Egyptians moved large stones is from a wall carving of like 50 Egyptians pulling a megalithic Stone Sitting Statue , while one Egyptian is pouring liquid ( water / Oil ) before the stone, to movie it

yeah and that about it , just a large carved stone moved , unless you think that the Egyptians did this for about 50 miles to the construction pyramid site, or they just moved it to a different location within the site .. ( your Call )

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Student publishes findings from an archaeological site before the Chief Archaeologist in charge of the site - the one who hired her group from USGS to do the dating - finishes her report, after being told explicitly not to.

But, yeah, "standing her ground," that's what's kept her out of academia.

Meanwhile, the same info was published by Irwin-Willaims in her report (on her archaeological dig,) but she wasn't blackballed.

The subsequent diatom analysis was published by VanLandinham. Was he blackballed?

Exactly what was it that "cost her career" here, and why weren't the other academics similarly punished?

Like I said, critical thinking.

Harte

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

you know what a Long House is ? I would Assume you would seeing your Canadian

Have you ever compare a Iroquois Mohawk Long House to a Viking Longhouse Hall ??

they are practically Identical ( IMO )

Interestingly enough, I was at L'Anse aux Meadows in August, and watched as this guy in the link crafted an iron ring (his first effort) on the forge, You'll note by the photos of the reconstruction that the houses were indeed oval shaped, but the walls and ceilings were lined with sod. The buildings were laid out at right angles, and not scattered about. There were also dedicated buildings for workshops etc. I was standing in Leif's bedroom at one point.
L'Anse aux Meadows
In October, I was in a couple of reconstruction longhouses in Midland Ontario and yes, they were of a similar shape and the occupants would have slept in bunks along the sides of the structure. But these common configurations would be appropriate use of the space. Iroquoian longhouses are constructed by inserting poles in the ground, weaving a framework, and covering them with bark sheeting.
This form of structure was a response to larger family units and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle and village size. There was no arbitrary layout beyond being in or outside of a palisade if it was a fortified community. We are also able to trace the increase in size (and length) from, say, 800 AD to 1650 AD.
Here's a late woodland site...

as compared to an earlier one...

So, yes, they both had long houses...but there the resemblance ends.

I would suggest that you google your alleged Norse sites as well and take the debates into account. There was butternut at L'Anse aux Meadows which confirms that the Norse traveled farther south as indicated in the sagas, but there is no solid data as to where. Aside from Pat Sutherland's research on Baffin Island (which was muzzled, but got out in spite of Dear Leader) An Arctic Mystery, I suggest that you check out Farley Mowat's The Farfarers for another angle.
The simple fact is that there are a lot of tantalizing hints out there regarding an Early Norse presence in North America without having to fall back on the ol' Bravo Sierra.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join