It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained artifacts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

the earth is millions of years old
a reply to: piney

Sure is

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Telepathy3

I have a theory that millions of years ago humanity had a technologically advanced civilization that got bombed back to stone age and that our civilization is the latest one to have advanced technology.

This.
edit on 24-10-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

The problem with a fully tech, society is that, that it has a cargo cult mentality, because all the cargo is unmake able by the consumer . The consumer becomes a passive consumer and dependent on the cargo. One Carrington event when all the chips get fried, leave no adjustment time, when the cargo doesn't arrive. Chaos is the main option.
Its quite conceivable, and highly probable , that somewhere in the past this present high level of tech, which only needs to be generated by a few key concepts, has been generated by few key players, within a society that allows freedom of expression, could have happened before. But also likely that it never got to Cargo cult status that by a few mass consumerism allows. That is the top players held on to it to woo the masses, and keep them enthralled. The Antiklythera mechanism proves that.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The Los Lunas Decalogue Stone is one of my favorite OOPARTs...

The script is Ancient Hebrew. Some call it Ancient Phonetician, I often call it Paleo Hebrew or just the picture words of our Father. For a clearer view, I have drawn a rendering of the inscription rock with the picture words on it. We read Hebrew beginning on the Right and reading to the Left.

Here is a translation of the picture words: Tim’s transliteration 7 lines

It is apparent that the person or persons who wrote on the stone had an excellent understanding of the Hebrew language and the Torah. It is evident that they were writing from memory because they omitted a few words and had to insert them.

www.biblicalhebrewseminars.org...

originally posted by: LeftySinister
So a group of friends and I recently made the hike to Los Lunas Decalogue Stone. It’s an 80 ton rock out in the middle of nowhere that has the 10 commandments carved into it in a combination of an Ancient Semitic and Phoenician. Of course it’s authenticity is surrounded by controversy. What I found most interesting was at the top of the mountain that the Mystery Rock rests near. Named “Mystery Mountain” it's littered all kinds of petroglyphs. There was a spot at the very top where more Semitic/ Phoenician was carved into a stone.

originally posted by: Cug
Outside of Los Lunas New Mexico there is a rock that seems to have part of the 10 Commandments (Decalogue) inscribed on it in ancient Hebrew. What I find most interesting was that when it first was discovered 1850 (Well the local native americans stated the rock pre-dated them coming into the area) this form of Hebrew was not understood. Kinda leaves out a forgery I'd say.

After examining the Los lunas site geologist, George Morehouse, estimated the placement of this Decalogue inscription up to 3000 years ago, which would, again, date it around 1000 B.C.

The inscription has been translated by the Epigraphic Society as follows:

I (am) Jehovah [the Eternal] Eloah [your God] who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim [Mizraim or the two Egypts] out of the house of bondages. You shall not have other [foreign] gods in place of (me). You shall not make for yourself molded (or carved) idols [graven images]. You shall not lift up your voice to connect the name of Jehovah in hate. Remember you (the) Sabbath to make it holy. Honor your father and your mother to make long your existence upon the land which Jehovah Eloah [the Eternal your God] gave to you. You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery (or idolatry). You shall not steal (or deceive). You shall not bear witness against your neighbor, testimony for a bribe. You shall not covet (the) wife of your neighbor and all which belongs to your neighbor.

members.aol.com...

People were already aware of the inscription when New Mexico became a territory in 1850, but no one could read it back then, mainly because the old-Hebrew or Phoenician alphabet in which this rock is inscribed was mostly unknown among scholars or archaeologists at that time. www.webcom.com...

originally posted by: YeHUaH ELaHaYNU
It is the best example of the only Monospace Alphabetic Script being the Paleo-Hebrew of the original Tablets -the first document written with the Alphabet- the 'mother script' that went out with the exile of Israel and captivity of Judah in Babylon.

Of greatest importance was the Zodiac Table /Starchart at the Northernmost point of the Mesa which has a YaH in Libra commemorating a Solar Eclipse on September 27, 759 BCE revealing several planets in alignment which explains the glyph (found worldwide!) as a sounding together of the vowels in a descending scale of tones (iy eh uw oh uh ah).

originally posted by: borracho
I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to share what I know about the mystery stone anyway. The markings were cleaned and deppened by people from the University of New mexico in an attempt to make it more legible and easier to translate. This happened in the 1980's, I don't know the exact date. That is why the carvings look newer than they are. There have been other translations made of the carvings. Some have said it is not hebrew in origin, but possibly ancient greek or phoenician and is a tale of the warrior Zakyneros that was isolated and struggling to survive in the wilderness here. It is a very interesting find and the Native American tribes of the area knew of the stones existince. They have stated that the stone pre dates their history here. It amuses me how things are well known by the locals but are never "discovered" until a white man sees it.

originally posted by: Cyberbian
It looks to be more like 9th century BCE script than later. The earlier script was more square and right angular. See here.

The Los Lunas Decalogue inscription uses the Tetragrammaton in 3 places. They are carved on the rock surface in old Hebrew letters. And they are probably one of the world's oldest surviving writing samples of the Tetragrammaton!

There is another short stone inscription on the south pinacle of the mesa. It may have served as an altar. The picture was taken by David Moore on a field trip to Hidden Mountain in 1993. The first line contains the Tetragrammaton in paleo-Hebrew letters. The letters are similar in style to those on the Decalogue inscription stone but appear to be more eroded.

www.loslunasdecalogue.org...

A few of the professors from the University of New Mexico said the glyph was made in the 1930's, although they can give no proof for that position. So in desperation they said that the "perpetrators were Anthropology Department students who were almost expelled from the University when Dr. Hill found out about their (supposed) activities." (J. Winter 1984)

But the problem with this position with the University of New Mexico professors is that the rock was know to the local folks before the 1930's. The local Indians had also know about it before the 1930's and called it the Hill of Strange Writing.

On the Zodiac rock the dwellers etched in star pictures or constellations showing where the moon was in relation when the solar eclipse happened (possibly how Los Lunas got its name). David Deal is an ancient American researcher went back on the computer to find when the solar eclipse occurred in that area, which was September 15, 107 B.C.,, and by this we understand about when the Ten Commandment rock was made. These folks were some of the first discoverers of Texas and New Mexico. What a heritage to be bless with this inscription here in the United States of America!

www.promiseland.name...

edit on 25-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
OOPARTS , one of my favorite subjects. Things that shouldnt be there according to science , but are. My theory is that humans actually came here from another world. Probably fleeing some kind of war or calamity . They did the best they could with the technology that was left. Then the knowledge faded away into oblivion over the centuries.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Its changes to s8int.com....OOPARTS is out of place artifacts.

Try Googling as well ooparts/ATS on Google search.

We have discussed these in many threads, some of the ones you've mentioned and many others such as giant skeleton, and pottery out of rock millions of years old.

Good luck...great site.

MS

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

This is one of my favourite's, the 286 million years old wall that miners blasted out of a seam in one of the deepest coal mines in the US and it indicates that a cover up has been going on for a very long time, I doubt that it was the US government covering up but someone was and the mine was closed afterward.

This is a Tabloid type site that is usually more interested in mocking celebrity's so take it as you will but scroll down to teh comment's and there is one by a person called W.A. McCormick who's grandfather was one of the miners and relays his information, I know there is no way of verifying it but I tend to believe it.
www.hecklerspray.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Those stones are proven fakes time and time again. The local people were carving them covering them in cow poop and baking them in a kiln. The process made the rocks appear much much older.They admit it and sold them to acheologest for a buck total fraud.

Sounds like you heard a million lies and believed them all.

I found an alright link but not the one I originally read. I am trying to find the video of the locals showing how they make them.

archyfantasies.com...

a reply to: piney

edit on 25-10-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19960765]piney....yep, you posted about the Biblical dinosaurs.......
In Job, God said of these behemoths with tails like cedar trees.....quoting...." those were the first creatures I made."....right there for all to read.........behemoth.....leviathan.......and yes....UNICORNS.....

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
I firmly believe that we're not the first technologically advanced civilization on Planet Earth.

I also firmly believe that the cover up of the true human timeline by the archaeological community is the largest conspiracy theory happening right now.

I also strongly believe that we are not the first advanced human civilization that lived on this planet and I'm glad to see someone else who believes that too.I don't think any aliens helped us evolve or that we evolved from monkeys either.
And yes, it is a big lie that we are being told by the archaeological community.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I agree with you!

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You would think we would find stainless artifacts if old civilizations were advanced enough to destroy themselves.
I do think the smithsonian has an agenda though. I do believe there were giants. Evidently if there were giants, it blows a hole in Darwins evolution theory. Why would that matter? Animals have no concrete rights and can be controlled , enslaved, put in bondage, and used more easily. A spiritual being in a physical body has God given rights.
Bottom line: Its all about money

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Possibly, the idea of some creationists is that the Giant's were not just the children of the fallen but also older humans whom supposedly lived very long lives up to a thousand years and also had a much later maturation and longer growth cycle, as if we are the stunted juvenile version of man and they were what we were supposed to be before some serious genetic tinkering or virus stunted us, we now achieve adulthood very young and stop growing very early?, if they are correct.

A guy called Ron wyatte whom I believe was speaking the truth claimed that he had found the Tomb of Noah's wife near to the ark site in Turkey, apparently he heard years later and was devasted by news that local muslim's had dug up the site after seeing his internet documentary and found a massive sarcophagus and inside they apparently found a very large woman's mummy inside but they then destroyed these relics to take jewlery from the body which was then sold to a private collector probably indicating it was a commissioned job.

youtu.be...
jonah135588.wordpress.com...

Turkey has built a visitors center there and declared it is the ark of Noah according to there own researchers whom also looked at the site in great detail.

youtu.be...

Whether it is the actualy ark or Noah ( which I believe it is ) or not it is definitely a ship in my opinion and that makes it a fantastic Oopart.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
edit on 26-10-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Assuming they followed the same technology curve as we did then yes but what if they did not, as the saying goes there is more than one solution to most problems but as for ancient alloy's well have you ever heard of Indian sanscrit texts detailing Loha ,alloys with interesting property's.

You will find that in India as there religious belief is that one that stems millions of years rather than our western young earth view that they are more open to the idea of ancient civilization and technology.
www.thehindu.com...
Even in more recent time's such as the classical period there metallurgy was beyond our own, we have all heard of Damascus steel after all.
www.tf.uni-kiel.de...
books.google.co.uk...=onepage&q&f=false

Even stainless steel will eventually break down and then it has one other enemy, us.

Humans repurpose item's, ancient citys are mined for there stone and brick's by later people's (indeed this is how Ancient ninevah was rediscovered when an explorer was told about a hill that was good for mining brick from) and metal is no exception, stanless steel knives would wear out and then the metal might be reforged losing it's stainless property's etc as well as eventually rusting anyway as it is not truly stainless just corrosion resistant not corrosion proof.

www.armaghplanet.com...

How about an ancient IRON pillar that defies the elements and does not rust.
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.aquiziam.com...

Heron of Alexandria a greek whom lived in the egyptian greek city of alexandria nearly sparked the steam age, he had all the element's to build a steam engine yet as far as we know he never did but think how the world would have changed had the roman legions had train track's, he did however create automaton's that were powered by steam such as temple door's that opened on there own after you dropped a coin into a slot, a idol that sounded a horn when you dropped a coin into a slot etc.

Then Archimedes of Syracus another greek whom lived in the Greek City of Syracus on the island of Sicily is supposed to have invented the screw (though the principle may be far old and have been used in ancient babylon to water the hanging garden's), he is also supposed to have used curved mirrors to reflect the sun and set fire to Roman war Galley's whom were besieging Syracus but modern attemps have disproven this, however his mirrors probably would have dazzled the Romans while greek row boats got close enough to thrown fire on them a little like the biblican polished shields of the israelite's.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I spent a great deal of time looking at Ron Wyatt. The Ark of the Covenant research and testimonies of others who were there at the time caused me to conclude that he was after money. The cross holes that disappeared on top of Golgotha. His fellow SDA that said he was a fraud. But that is not all. I have personal family information that says Ron did not find the Ark of Noah./ You see, my Grandfather (Armenian) was born in Turkey at the base of Mount Ararat in 1900. His uncle was Minister of Finance for Turkey. He got out just in time to miss the Armenian Holocaust. I asked my grandfather about the Ark story and if it was true(1965). He was surprised at my question. He told me it was in one piece, whole and had turned into stone. He went on to say that it was very high up on the mountain, and continually frozen in solid ice..... except only after at least 15 years consecutive drough, then it would be partially exposed. He said people from our city had been on it in the past and actually in it as well. What he described in not what Ron found, and it is much higher then that. I asked my dad if his dad would ever lie to me about this, and he said no. Grandfather ended up as a banker for the bank of Italy, and my father is a respected genius retired scientist, Chemist, Microbioligist, and Director of Research for a fortune 500 company. In other words not some low lifes passing on nonsence to self benefit.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I actually believe your ancestor, it is not alone and is similar to Charles Hagopians story but in a later story a US military engineer whom was taken to see it by an Armenian Taxi driver reported that the one he saw had fallen into a ravine from a high ledge and broken into two pieces, he could see the cages within, but what if it was not a single boat but several of them?.

I am pretty certain that the boat they found is indeed a boat and I do believe Mr wyatte, he was too driven to be in it for the money, as for the dissapearing cross wholes they were bulldozed and there are too many other facts which are provable but I do understant why someone with Armenian heritage would feel extremely strongly, this area was Armenia (And also not Kurdish) and the Armenian Holocaust was real even though Turkey tries to deny it, it is a further tragedy as though they lost there religion many Turks' have Armenian Ancestry as well.

www.noahsark.it...
www.arksearch.com...
www.whateveristrue.com...

Now I am going to relay something Personal to you, it is true but not something anyone here is likely to take as factual or relavent.

Back in the early to mid 1990's I was suffering from paranormal activity of a negative kind, demonic even and I had a number of lucid vision's, at the time I was not familiar with Ron wyattes Noah ark but I may have seen it and digested in subconsciously so that must be born in mind.

I had one lucid waking vision that was like a memory, grey and empty like seeing from dead eye's, I was floating on the surface of dark sea under an almost black sky as rain fell and there I saw a white ship exactly the same shape as that Ron Wyatte boat, it had a long house on top that ran the length of the vessel with a peaked roof highest in the centre like a house roof and it had a raised prow that I saw as it approached me passing near by, it was moving silently but fast in the water and I could see a tall door and two windows all open at the prow end of the boat and these three opening were very dark.

Now I felt a terrible feeling of dread as I saw it, maybe it was not Noah's ark but something from the same time that sank or maybe noah had several boat's and not just a single ark or maybe there have been several flood's and several ark's? though this was the last one - and the God moved upon the face of the waters.

One of the astronauts whom walked on the moon truly believed that the ark of Noah was on top or Ararat as well James (Jim) Irwin.
This guy was nobodys fool.
youtu.be...

I do believe Ron Wyatte though but do also, Do you feel the same about the Red Sea Crossing and the Alter of the Golden Calf.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The "Winners" wrote History. They lied.

It is impossible to know our real History.

Our "History" has been written to satisfy the "Winners".

Ego has prevented us from the true knowledge of our History.

Too bad really, it would be nice to know mankinds true History.

I'll bet it was a pretty good story...

I like this .... MEME

History is Lost MODERN ( as what we are today ) Man has been on this Planet for over
250,000 years or 400,000 year according to some scientist's

yet we didn't create a Written Language until 6-7 thousand years ago?? just
petragraphs , some cave Painting and sculptures from 10,000 to 40,000 yeas ago

leaving just... 243,000 or 393,000 years ago ..
kinda far fetch Modern Humans living in caves and animal skins.

yet we went from a heavy then Air flying machine too, landing on the moon in 66 years

key word ( Communication )

Modern man lived in the same living space of Neanderthals at one point of time
evidence Neanderthal Dna in a fraction the world population
and wholly mammoths were around of the time of the great pyramids were being built

well we live in a Hologram universe .according to the theory of some scientist
. life & ancient history is not to make any sense anyways right LOL

is it just a old past Coded layer or Partial Programming that's left over .. ?

Discovering those OOParts is like the Truman Show ( Hologram, Tron, Matrix, 13th Floor, Virtuosity )

but hey the People that RUN... CERN is trying to find that exactly OUT!!!.....

Black Holes - Dimensions, Heaven - Hell ,

my favorite Site is Puma Punku ... a Very out of Place Site
that look like it has Modern Technology within and looks ..
yet its anywhere to be 2 thousand to 17 thousand years old
depending what you believe... and even with modern technology
it would be difficult or nearly impossible to duplicate.. those Ruins

yet there they sit in Peru....
scattered all over the place like it was some cataclysmic event.

let alone the Similarity's of Egypt Iran-Iraq ( Sumerian Assyrian ) and Peru and Balinese - Mayan artwork structure
is undeniable.. same type of pottery Similar structures & level of Design.
of Buildings ,

ive seen the video

interesting of the Costa Rica spears as they are all over pre Columbia..

Pri reis map , claimed to be mapped of thousands of year old maps from turkeys very own ancient library
claiming to have been borrowed from the library of Alexandria or Alexander the great

the old Mining Axe claimed to be of purified steel that would be hard to duplicate of today
although it looks modern .. obviously from a Dwarf that lost it,
when he used his Dimensional time traveling amulet right? .. lol

Chinese writing on 237 million stone ? I call B.S.
unless modern Communist China .. built a time machine ! LOL..

huge Dino Eggs ? in Russia obviously Dragon Eggs... lol
yet whats not funny is in china the found a mass of Dino Eggs
in a road construction site recently. and media calling the Dragon eggs

the Vonich manuscript a favorite of mine a mysterious writing that cant be cracked ..
that look like a witches/alchemist Almanac .. which could very well be the case..

winniesulkee .. Stone new one to me ..

Antikythera Machine : a very complex geared & Timed calculating calendar like device
before working geared time clocks was invented yet 2,000 years old
who made it ? Greek / Roman

The Sumerian Writing on a Bowl .. Fuente Magna
who to say that the Sumerians didn't travel for trade or control.
or built the Tiwanaku site or Puma Punku in bolivia

well thats my thoughts anyhow..

surprised no mentioning of 300,000 to 400,000 year old spear heads

Evidence for Early Hafted Hunting Technology
www.sciencemag.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Los Lunas Decalogue stone is indeed amusing... and I agree that it appeared to be written in the 1930's.

The big key is that the 10 Commandments are used. The Jews do not find the 10 Commandments significant. They have 613 commandments - so any artifact with "ten commandments" is Christian and later in origin. You can also tell more about the date by how the commandments are arranged... these use the Protestant arrangement (which comes later than the Catholic version.)
www.teachingtheword.org...

They didn't draw modern menorahs. Inscriptions and graffiti and writings DID include curses and warnings and lots of laws and petitions: www.jstor.org...

Note that even the coinage of the time of the Jewish revolt (time of the legend's origins) does not show a menorah: en.m.wikipedia.org...

And coins in general in ancient times don't show the menorah: www.calgarycoin.com...

These kinds of things are indications that it was of modern make.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It is a shame that religious enthusiasm muddies the already muddy waters of OOPARTs ... everyone can be said to have an agenda and thus all "found" artifacts can be painted as suspect.

I am of the opinion we humans have experienced a myriad of tech levels and that our history is vast and largely unknown... but I can't prove it. Some of the less ambiguous finds sure seem to indicate that, though.

The chunk of aluminum in millions year old strata found in Europe and the tracks from a differential suspension found in rock in Turkey are two more recent finds that jump to mind... knowing they can be argued away, too.

And yeah, what about that Cuban underwater city? Hopefully, now that Cuba is "open" to the West (poor guys), we can hear something more about that.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
It is a shame that religious enthusiasm muddies the already muddy waters of OOPARTs ... everyone can be said to have an agenda and thus all "found" artifacts can be painted as suspect.

It's not muddy water. It's just mud.

There are no real "OOPArts."

originally posted by: BaddogmaI am of the opinion we humans have experienced a myriad of tech levels and that our history is vast and largely unknown... but I can't prove it. Some of the less ambiguous finds sure seem to indicate that, though.

The chunk of aluminum in millions year old strata found in Europe and the tracks from a differential suspension found in rock in Turkey are two more recent finds that jump to mind... knowing they can be argued away, too.

And yeah, what about that Cuban underwater city? Hopefully, now that Cuba is "open" to the West (poor guys), we can hear something more about that.

You're welcpome to your opinion, sure.
But you hopefully haven't based it on that sad collection of tall tales.
Your aluminum OOPArt, for example. You don't have that one right.

You are either talking about a piece of (supposed) aluminum from Russia (or a former client state - I forget) found on the surface, that looks almost exactly like the tooth on a front-end lifter, or you are referring to the fastener on Zhou Chu's belt, also (supposed) aluminum.

If the first, then there's no reason to believe it's not modern. If the second, it turns out the fastener isn't aluminum.

The Turkish tracks being called evidence of differential suspension is really out there. But not so much when you consider they were probably made by tanks operating in that same area in the last century.

The Cuban underwater city hasn't been subject to any Cuban government influence at all. In fact, the people that got the sidescan sonar readings were working for the Cuban government.
No, that "city" hasn't been reported on, looked at, or even been looked for since the initial "finding."

This is because it doesn't exist.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join