It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The WOW Signal Solved

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLamb

They don't know our alphabet we know our alphabet , the signal was received and a computer made the print out , the numbers and letters are not the signal.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The community on this site has really gone downhill.

Back on topic. Care to give us more information as to what you're talking about?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

They don't know our alphabet we know our alphabet , the signal was received and a computer made the print out , the numbers and letters are not the signal.

If some advanced races out there are smart enough to shut down 10 minuteman missiles at the same time, remotely and wirelessly, like they did in Montana and elsewhere, then they would easily know our languages, and alphabets, and could send cryptic messages our way as well. If they are that smart, and even far smarter than we can even guess at, then they would know how our SETI receiving station would spit it out on paper, and could figure that all in to their 'wow' signal. Couldn't they?

Just food for thought

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The Wow signal printout only describes the signal that was received it is not the actual signal , that wasn't recorded.

The circled alphanumeric code "6EQUJ5" describes the intensity variation of the signal. Each character represents 12 seconds (by 10 kHz). A space denotes an intensity between 0 and 1, the numbers 1 to 9 denote the correspondingly numbered intensities (from 1.0 to 9.9), and intensities of 10.0 and above are denoted by a letter ("A" corresponds to intensities between 10.0 and 11.0, "B" to 11.0 to 12.0, etc.). The value "U" (an intensity between 30.0 and 31.0) was the highest detected by the radio telescope; on a linear scale it was over 30 times louder than normal deep space.[1] The intensity in this case is the unitless signal-to-noise ratio, where noise was averaged for that band over the previous few minutes.[4]
en.wikipedia.org...!_signal

edit on 24-10-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If they're so advanced, understand our technology to such an advanced level, and want to communicate, then why not make it say "HELLO" or "UPHERE" or something like that?

And why use this method of communication? If they're so advanced, then surely easier, more to our level of technology, methods of communication would be available.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The Wow signal printout only describes the signal that was received it is not the actual signal , that wasn't recorded.

The circled alphanumeric code "6EQUJ5" describes the intensity variation of the signal. Each character represents 12 seconds (by 10 kHz). A space denotes an intensity between 0 and 1, the numbers 1 to 9 denote the correspondingly numbered intensities (from 1.0 to 9.9), and intensities of 10.0 and above are denoted by a letter ("A" corresponds to intensities between 10.0 and 11.0, "B" to 11.0 to 12.0, etc.). The value "U" (an intensity between 30.0 and 31.0) was the highest detected by the radio telescope; on a linear scale it was over 30 times louder than normal deep space.[1] The intensity in this case is the unitless signal-to-noise ratio, where noise was averaged for that band over the previous few minutes.[4]
en.wikipedia.org...!_signal

I was just about to post this as I think the OP is misunderstood about the meanings of the numbers and letters on a signal received and printed. Easily done if you don't know I guess.
Still, he's not the first person to think the numbers and letters are what was actually sent.
The numbers and letters just explain signal strength and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Anyway, here's how I solved it.

Holy crap. I get it, it's the 7 that opens an aspect of their (whoever sent signal) temporal numerology that exponentially delineates the 2 in each line...Incredible, great work.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Keshe sharing, for free, the plasma reactor plans? Free Energy forever. Big day Monday, folks !! Well, let's hope.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Razmijix
The community on this site has really gone downhill.

Back on topic. Care to give us more information as to what you're talking about?

AT least they are thinking...

They are not thinking well, but they are using their head for something other than a hat rack...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Haha, cool..it goes to show if you play around with #s enough you can make something out of nothing..like bible code.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!!

Several posts have been removed as Off Topic....some of them could have been removed in a more serious way.
Several other posts may still be removed.

The bottom line: You are responsible for your own posts. and Community Announcement re: Decorum and We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Further such posts can and will be removed...and those lacking civility will be removed as such.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The message was sent from the moon where they've been since at least 1825. That's why it had a higher intensity. We had sent enough data into space that they intercepted they knew how we processed signals alphanumerically. After all, we sent in one language hoping to receive a reply in the same language. That's what happened. The signal swamped the local skies so that regardless where a dish was pointed it would pick it up. SETI assumed it came from the direction the dish was pointed in.

I said that my name, birthday and location were coincidence. Don't you read?

The proof is simple. Start left, go down, to centre, down etc. It's in the same format as a newspaper. Basically the letters are numbers. A=1, B=2 etc while being used to represent the names of the planets. I could have just said, "U=22 because that's it's position in the alphabet' but then I would have been hounded that aliens don't know our alphabet. So I've proven that U=22 to satisfy the critics. Blame your skeptic selves for the proof. I did it out of respect. No thanks have been forthcoming. Screw it. If you can't be arsed at following the statements don't blame me. The whole point of these messages is to test our intellect. What would they get from Neanderthals? We test our kids before they enter society. These guys are doing exactly the same thing. My dog can bark on command. That doesn't mean I'm going to debate Einstein with him. It could have been far more challenging. This is child's play. Try the Biblical prophecies. Same origin, different medium. We didn't have radio 4000 years ago so they used blocks of stone and chisels, dropped them off on a mountain and people like Moses found them.

Quick test: He (a) that comes after me (b) I prefer before me than he (c) before me. Put a, b and c in order. Explain why. That's one of their tests exploiting a flaw in our language and our concept of time. After = Before in certain contexts. Make the statement watertight.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I know right how can the others not see it?.
What is their message? how will you receive the next message?.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLamb
The message was sent from the moon where they've been since at least 1825. That's why it had a higher intensity. We had sent enough data into space that they intercepted they knew how we processed signals alphanumerically. After all, we sent in one language hoping to receive a reply in the same language. That's what happened. The signal swamped the local skies so that regardless where a dish was pointed it would pick it up. SETI assumed it came from the direction the dish was pointed in.

The proof is simple. Start left, go down, to centre, down etc. It's in the same format as a newspaper. Basically the letters are numbers. A=1, B=2 etc while being used to represent the names of the planets. I could have just said, "U=22 because that's it's position in the alphabet' but then I would have been hounded that aliens don't know our alphabet. So I've proven that U=22 to satisfy the critics. Blame your skeptic selves for the proof. I did it out of respect. No thanks have been forthcoming. Screw it. If you can't be arsed at following the statements don't blame me. The whole point of these messages is to test our intellect. What would they get from Neanderthals? We test our kids before they enter society. These guys are doing exactly the same thing. My dog can bark on command. That doesn't mean I'm going to debate Einstein with him. It could have been far more challenging. This is child's play. Try the Biblical prophecies. Same origin, different medium. We didn't have radio 4000 years ago so they used blocks of stone and chisels, dropped them off on a mountain and people like Moses found them.

Quick test: He (a) that comes after me (b) I prefer before me than he (c) before me. Put a, b and c in order. Explain why. That's one of their tests exploiting a flaw in our language and our concept of time. After = Before in certain contexts. Make the statement watertight.

As has been pointed out already, the numbers and letters are to do with STRENGTH of the signal. NOT the actual signal received. It's not that hard to understand really.

As for the other stuff you said? Yeah, good luck with finding proof.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The numbers are only representative of the signal strength.

This is the transcript in its entirety:

Here is how you are supposed to read the thing: see the two blocks of digits? The random numbers you see in the block on the left are strenght per monitored frequencies. Up is earlier in time, down is later. Lower frequency on your left and higher frquency on your right. You read the strength vertically, from up to down, and there is one string of values per frequency channels. On the right block of numbers: from left to right you have two columns for coordinates in space, one for frequency, two columns for galactic coordinates in space, and finally the last columns is the time stamp in Eastern Daylight Time.

If the numbers you are referring to really were letter numbers, then would not the highlighted message, which is

"6EQUJ5", "6", "5" and "7",

actually read,

"fEQUJe", "f", "e" and "g"

instead of "Justin"?

And why would it be in our latin alphabet anyway? Why not Cyrillic, or Pinyin?

The answer is simple: the transcript's numbers are not alphabet numbers.

edit on 24-10-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

If some advanced races out there are smart enough to shut down 10 minuteman missiles at the same time, remotely and wirelessly, like they did in Montana and elsewhere, then they would easily know our languages, and alphabets, and could send cryptic messages our way as well. If they are that smart, and even far smarter than we can even guess at, then they would know how our SETI receiving station would spit it out on paper, and could figure that all in to their 'wow' signal. Couldn't they?

Just food for thought

Who's to say it was ET/aliens that shut down those missiles ....

*turns, sweeps cape around, and disappears into the shadows*

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If you take all the letters and change them to numbers based on our alphanumeric system, then change all the numbers to Roman numerals, each Roman numeral has a number of straight lines. Now, each line vertical line is a . And every diagonal line is a - means it's all morse code. Now I've taken years to decipher the morse code through the ancient Akkadian language then translated to Hungarian, into Finnish, then to olde English, then into French, then back into modern day English. Now it might seem strange, and I'm no expert, but it translates to the following:
"I can translate anything from anything to fit anything I see fit too"
How absolutely amazing is that? I mean, it's only taken me years of hard cryptography and searching for strings of relevant alphabets in different languages to figure this out.

Anyone can make anything up. I could even show you my "proof" if you want, but I'm not sure you'd understand it.

Think you might get my point?
edit on 240924/10/1515 by TerryDon79 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Maybe it was Doctor Manhattan?

On a more serious note though: this mystery is actually quite intriguing. I cannot help but speculate that perhaps a cosmic particle interacted with the circuitry and caused the anomaly. Cosmic particles did after all ressurect Bill Nye's Lightsail.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: TheLamb

As has been pointed out already, the numbers and letters are to do with STRENGTH of the signal. NOT the actual signal received. It's not that hard to understand really.

As for the other stuff you said? Yeah, good luck with finding proof.

Yep. E = strength 5, U = strength 22. SETI was publishing its data. It's easy to check background signals of less than 5 and work out what constitutes a "J" for example. We're not dealing with 5 year olds. Our alphabet only has 26 letters. There are only 10 digits. 1 to 5 are background noise so that's 31 gradations of strength and they produced 6 of those accurate enough for the computers to output the correct letters. SETI didn't analyse the frequency. These beings can travel light years, pop in and out of the atmosphere yet you don't credit them with the ability to assimilate our backwards technology to meet their own purpose? And then they made it easy by using English. They could have used Japanese but they didn't.

I have plenty of proof. From UFO symbols to cryptic 13th century sword inscriptions to alien binary messages to the story of Noah to the prophecies of Daniel and beyond. All say the same: Arrive 28.11.15 53N 0.53 W. 0800. Heading 115. Stay 36 hours. Board 144000. Depart. End of the world 30.11.15 PM. Return 12.12.15.

There's no point in me putting in the effort to explain it word by word. You might believe me, you might not. So,I'm taking the Organiser approach. I do the hard stuff, lay it out like a teacher does primary school kids when they take a times tables test and then wait for them to finish it. Only this time it's self-marking. Those who pass get up and leave to a place they were told of in the test questions. Those who fail stay in their seats. Then the school bursts into flames. Where is the teacher? From now on will the job of the teacher be easier or harder?

I rest my case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join