It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MP4 to AIFF and Back to MP4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm looking for a free converter that will convert MP4 to AIFF and back again as I want to run MP4 files through Audaciity to cut it up into sections where the silences are.

I want to keep the integrity of the video and the audio too. (AIFF is one of the default audio formats used by YT, the other WAV but thats audio only.)

Audacity cant read MP4.

Any recommendations appreciated. - thanks
edit on 24-10-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Mac or PC?

This might Help: Audacity Plug-in
edit on 24-10-2015 by notmyrealname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Yea there really isn't a way to compress data then uncompress it in the manner you're talking about without losing sound quality. The process of turning a lossless or any file for that matter into a more compressed file type is that to compress it the file actually loses data or data is deleted away rather. Not really any way to just put it back. I suggest taking a look at the plug in for audacity or possibly use another DAW.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I use windows movie maker when I want to convert Video to Audio, you just put the Video into the Audio section and voila, its done!

Simple and then you save the Audio & still have the video but what you do then is completely mute the video and overlay the new Audio (if you know what mean). Save it in wav form or wmv and then use this site (which is free and very fast) to change to whichever format you want: www.online-convert.com...

edit on CDTSat, 24 Oct 2015 08:54:31 -05000000003108x131x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Adding Text

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Go to VideoHelp, and ask this question in their forums. There are some brilliant minds there, regarding audio and video creation and editing. They also have many tools in the software section. Also check the guides section. There may already be a tutorial for what you're trying to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Try a website like this:
audio.online-convert.com...

There are lots of free conversion sites it there. Just google a
Mp4 to aiff. Hope this helps

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The conversion is the easy part...there are a million free converters online, but to compress a file from lossless to mp4 and back makes no sense...once it is compressed to mp4 the data removed to compress it never comes back...once its gone its gone. May as well leave it as mp4...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

thank you for that

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

thanks everybody

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The best converter I've used to date is Xrecode

It's free and it can convert almost any audio format to another. It's pretty quick and straight forward.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

top topics

join