It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI May Have Detected Intelligent Radio Signal from Strange Dimming Star!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
So, the scientist who said there was a potentially intelligent signal detected, lied or was mistaken somehow?

Or, no scientist (associated with SETI) ever actually did say there was a signal, and the person who reported this was lying or mistaken?

Or, there was a signal, a scientist leaked the info, and now they are trying to cover up the truth because they wanted any announcement to be made through official channels, or, because they do not intend to tell us the whole truth?

I don't know what is going on here, but, I feel like, somehow, someway, a crime against humanity has been committed! This is not the kind of thing you joke around about, or lie about, or make a mistake about, or cover up...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Or, there was a signal, a scientist leaked the info, and now they are trying to cover up the truth because they wanted any announcement to be made through official channels, or, because they do not intend to tell us the whole truth?

that is my guess....

It reminds me of the scientists announcing to the world they made a discovery on Mars that was one for the history books before it all went away.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Finally I hope.
Maybe we will then all realise it shouldn't be human v human but human v aliens and we can all band together in harmony and kill the alien scum.
Unless they are hot.

Perhaps there lies the problem in the contact scenario. Maybe its really about cooperation instead of competition and violence.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Much speculation from all quarters, however if it turned out to be reality then this may be more trickle disclosure. It does seem to me that recently there has been a tiny stream of information that could be as a result of some disclosure plan. A lot credible witnesses coming out saying what they know and have seen. And if the TPTB do disclose that they have found intelligent life then the earth's indicative evidence of visitations throughout history is likely to be a fact!

Furthermore, if you are going to disclose then you would surely start with what will be perceived as the least threat to and by the recipients of that disclosure. Which of course would be that which is so far away!

Guess we shall have to just wait and see what comes next.
edit on 25-10-2015 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

It seems alot of you have selective reading... I quote "In GreWi interview astronomer corrects the statements of the Universe Today article now and notes that SETI had yet to receive any signals from KIC 8,462,852"

There are no aliens. Sorry to rain on your parade. We just have fallen angels who are NOT our friends.
edit on 25-10-2015 by kef33890 because: Bonded text for selective readers

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kef33890

Thats a tall claim 'there are no aliens'. Even those who seem to believe in 'fallen angels' believe in alien life. www.christianpost.com...

Nomenclature and classification of beings either physical or 'inter-dimensional' is irrelevant. Its safe to assume alien life exists, given the sheer number of planets in our galaxy itself which are conducive to life.
edit on 25-10-2015 by krines because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: krines

Thats a tall claim 'there are no aliens'. Even those who seem to believe in 'fallen angels' believe in alien life. www.christianpost.com...

Nomenclature and classification of beings either physical or 'inter-dimensional' is irrelevant. Its safe to assume alien life exists, given the sheer number of planets in our galaxy itself which are conducive to life.

It is my belief, as a Christian, that God didn't create other beings in the universe. There are indeed Interdimensional beings called angels. However, the angels who sinned and rebelled against God had their wings clipped and we're cast into the abyss. I believe they were given mortal bodies and cast into space.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
So, the scientist who said there was a potentially intelligent signal detected, lied or was mistaken somehow?

Or, no scientist (associated with SETI) ever actually did say there was a signal, and the person who reported this was lying or mistaken?

The latter, according to the scientists in question.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kef33890

originally posted by: krines

It is my belief, as a Christian, that God didn't create other beings in the universe. There are indeed Interdimensional beings called angels. However, the angels who sinned and rebelled against God had their wings clipped and we're cast into the abyss. I believe they were given mortal bodies and cast into space.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I feel that in my opinion that yours is a bit ridiculous and nothing close to reality either in the past or now. Far too many folk are blinded by beliefs which are nothing more than that! Science and common sense suggests a different reality to that of so many blindly crutch dependent believers. No offense meant! But come on, quit the denial and set yourself free from the bondage of belief!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

As a Christian, nowhere does it state that we were Gods only created beings, just because mans free will lead to our original sin doesn`t mean others fell and they stayed in Gods grace from their beginning.

This universe is bigger than the mind can fathom, why put limits on God, does other life in the universe scare you?

I agree with you in saying there are interdimensional beings, be they fallen and or Angels as well as the possibility of higher far more advanced extra-terrestrial beings, that if we as the human race live long enough without destroying one another science will prove.

ETA

I also believe that because many people think as yourself that we are the only living beings in the universe, is a reason why they won`t fully disclose what they know because too many folks would freak the heck out, which I believe is holding us back in many ways.
edit on 25-10-2015 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy
I just want to punch you...

The anger is wells within you with great fervour. You must be from the U.S...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I don't buy into the whole idea that they are slowly conditioning us to the possibility of alien life,the likely outcome of such an announcement would probably be big news for about 2 days then everyone will just carry on as they were ,I don't think there will be mass panic or anything even close,the general public just don't care anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

A couple of centuries ago, you would have also believed that the sun revolves around the earth, and we were the centre if the universe.

Why is it so hard to believe in life on other planets if you are a Christian, when alot of the bible has been proven wrong?

This is what worries me if aliens made contact. All the religious people calling them demons because their belief will not allow them to hold their hands up and say their religon, or themselves, were wrong

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I feel that in my opinion that yours is a bit ridiculous and nothing close to reality either in the past or now. Far too many folk are blinded by beliefs which are nothing more than that! Science and common sense suggests a different reality to that of so many blindly crutch dependent believers. No offense meant! But come on, quit the denial and set yourself free from the bondage of belief!

I'm not sure if you are saying Christianity is a blind belief or if you mean my belief that there is no alien life? I'm going to assume you meant the first.

I used to be that way, too.. but eventually I quit being stubborn. I tried fruitlessly to DISPROVE God, and I eventually realized it seems far easier to belief in Him versus trying to ignore the proof right before your eyes.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

You tried to disprove God, but couldn't. Please tell me where proof of God is because I certainly can't see it. It's a belief, a fairy tale. Simple as that in my opinion. But we will always have religon , and as long as you are not hurting anyone, then I don't really care.

What's important to me is finding out more about the universe. There is almost zero chance in my opinion that we are the only intelligent life in this universe, and its only a matter of time until we find it.

If we do, that will not shake your belief in god. People will just say demons, or read another part of the bible and say" oh, it is mentioned in the bible, so its OK now" after reading a crypted paragraph and tuning it into their belief.

Have people been doing that for ages regarding the bible? I mean, you have religious people like the KKK that read the bible and to them, the white race is the main race. Gods chosen race. It's all silly rubbish.

We need to pump more money into space technology and advancement because one day, we will have to leave this planet. But first, we need to start working together as a race, not as different countries, religon and colour. We need to work together .

Will this be in my lifetime? I don't think so

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Just so you don`t confuse everyone kef3389, that first paragraph of yours is from RP2SticksOfDynamite and should have quote marks around it and who it was from, either just click the reply button on the post you wish to reply to or click the quote button and edit it for the parts you specifically want to reply to.

Just makes it clearer for anyone else.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I had a thought last night...

What if this thing is 'Hell' and that's where people who go to hell are Burning??

Well... they do say 'Burn in hell' and that thing is pretty close to that Star/Sun.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with any kind of logic.. Of course it is easier to just believe in something as opposed to prove/disprove it .. Here let me show You.. I believe wild pigs can fly. They are just to shy to do it in public. I tried to disprove this, but every time I meet a wild pig it always stays on the ground because it is to shy, so I can't disprove it, therefore wild pigs can fly.

Prove me wrong if you think they can't

edit on 25/10/15 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Funny, I was watching contact the other day, before this was announced...

Love the opening sequence of the movie

edit on 10/25/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kef33890

Haa! Hahahaha! Brilliant!

You couldn't make this stuff up any better. I think we have our next Sci-fy Channel "Special of the Week" low budget flick.

Cheers, kef33890, for one of the funniest posts I've read on ATS for a long time!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join