It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI May Have Detected Intelligent Radio Signal from Strange Dimming Star!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
According to the expanded update (poorly translated, sorry)

GreWi: Dear Mr. Harp, created by the compilation under another quote from fragments using the "UniverseToday.com" article easily the impression that SETI has received a "weird periodic signal" from the direction of KIC 8462852, which is not is the Kepler light curve. is that correct?

01471Dr. Gerald Harp
Copyright: seti.org

Harp: No! With the "odd periodic signal" as the article's author, Bob King, I quoted, I refer to the Kepler light curve. We (SETI) have ever made ​​any public statement on the matter and to our results. And that's what they are allowed to understand so that we are considering this whole situation not overly excited.

www.grenzwissenschaft-aktuell.de
+ HERE You can daily GreWi-Newsletter +

GreWi: What is it then with that described in the Universe Today article journal article on to prepare you and colleagues?

Harp: SETI is preparing a technical article before our observations. That's all. Even if one does not find anything, it is important to prepare a paper from which then shows what has been done so that other scientists do not need to reiterate these processes.

GreWi: Measured by Kepler light curve is their opinion then so natural Urpsrungs?

Harp:.
Yes, probably from a light curve we can not draw any conclusions on whether there is intelligent life around a star or not.

I have yet a small spark of hope that our observations to KIC 8462852 still evidence of a (local) result extraterrestrial intelligence. However, I expect more, we will not find anything.

GreWi: Mr. Harp, best Danks for your information.

... it isn't simply that they have yet to complete their analysis or publish their findings. They are outright saying they have received no signals, and that the only thing they are currently looking at is the light curve and trying to ascertain whether debris might still in some way account for the periodic dimming. No "signal" beyond that... so far.

Peace.

Source: www.grenzwissenschaft-aktuell.de...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Party-pooper... Why is reality always auch a disappointment? Pfuh.
no offense intended

edit on 24-10-2015 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If the stars apparent brightness is fluctuating up to 22 %, doing it randomly, and its not a companion dwarf or disk of materiel blocking the light (like Saturns rings), then maybe its the star itself in flux of change (collapsing or pre Nova?).

All stars emit radio signals, by the way.

Fluctuating starlight would also imply fluctuating radio frequency signals. Such fluctuations could be interpreted as coming from an artificial source with intelligent modulation.
If this is a setup for an announcement of extraterrestrial life [they were suspiciously quick to bring alien life into the picture], then it is a nice safe way to do it. 1500 years for light to get here means that they are [purportedly] safely distant. After the folks get used to that, then we'll 'discover' closer stars with life. Then, we'll be told about the ancient ruins on the moon; maybe a leak of the classified pictures. After some time to absorb that, evidence of prehistoric visitations will be discovered. Finally, Klaatu and Gort will be introduced as part of an ad campaign for "Star Wars 23: We Are the Far, Far Away Galaxy." This has to go stepwise to minimize culture shock while alien technology is fed into our economy to prevent social and economic collapse. We have to feel that we are not that far removed from our new buddies and they have to get us up to speed so we are more than just a natural resource planet teeming with apes. I think we will all find out what it feels like to be on the bottom of the heap.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here it comes press conference number three, as I mentioned before aaand before that...

All comes by three...what will it be?

They have to find a way to ready us up for hard disclosure.
Probably thinking if we tell the public that it's far far away on a distant galaxy we might not freak out .... yet!

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: AceWombat04

Party-pooper... Why is reality always auch a disappointment? Pfuh.
no offense intended

Don't be disappointed yet,wait a few weeks and see..

I'm really thrilled about this discovery, it's time to announce something as big as this.. wonder if true how the announcement will go ..

edit on 0b35America/ChicagoSat, 24 Oct 2015 10:00:35 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Oct 2015 10:00:35 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
so, we think that we'd be the ones to discover an advanced civilization which may have the ability to harness energy from its own sun(s), and not the other way around.

they are advanced beyond us, but we're the ones 'discovering' them.
its just sensationalism for those who need little proof (such as an apparent flux which stars exhibit all the time),

a civilization which can build some dyson sphere type device, would be the ones 'searching' for other life forms. advanced or not.
for some reason, we think other life forms must have the same physiology as us, and their tech must be similar to us,and for some reason theyre always more 'advanced' than us ( its due to an evolutionary inferiority complex). what if they re so completely different if we stumbled on them we wouldnt even think theyre 'alive' at all....

sorry to seem negative, but i cant believe scientists are drawing to conclusion based on so very little indicators. its unprofessional. i have a feeling this will become a 'Steven Grier' type of shenanigan by rogue 'scientists' waiting to capitalize on the easily persuaded. i wouldnt be surprised if a Kickstarter fund gets set up for the 'search of life near the dimming star' in the next few months.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Finally I hope.
Maybe we will then all realise it shouldn't be human v human but human v aliens and we can all band together in harmony and kill the alien scum.
Unless they are hot.

Dude they are probably hot! I wish I could be with one of those superhuman alien women, that would be awesome! I am guessing super hot babes capable of doing anything they could imagine!

we DONT know its aliens yet we dont know anything your jumping to conclusions

Also lol whats with this post? No offense man but wh? you need to get out and get a girlfriend.....this is getting out of hand lol

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Seriously guys.... Behave. What do they think when they're reading this?
What if they're like snails? Both genders in one?

They would probably wage war on humanity after seeing this thread, lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
An interesting possible REAL find for advanced intelligence

And one of the first conversations on it immediately turned into freshman highschool drivel

Sorry if im a bit disgusted, and im by no means a prude, but seriously? Thats the contribution to the possibilities?

"whats it gonna be like to do an alien" basically?

No wonder they havent announced themselves here on earth, I wouldnt either

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
If we know they're there, than they've known about us for at least 10,000 years. Anyone want to correlate that too our ancient civilizations documentation?

We're probably the North Sentinel Island of the universe, lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Oh you would. We have sthg pretty for each preference too

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Actually, the tech needed to build a Dyson Sphere is not that far advanced from where we are now. We are talking a diference in tech of decades, not thousands of years.

Once we account for the fact that their tech most likley developed on a different track than our tech, we could potentially be more advanced than they are in certain areas. It is not unlikely, according to some theories in the community, that intelligent life has developed in certain areas of the galaxy at roughly the same time on multiple systems. Of course, we could be far, far behind them and they could still be using radio frequencies for transmission, for some reason.

In either case, I am going to remain in the camp that believes if it truly is aliens, we will not hear of it. They will label it natural, or some other explainable phenomenon within the community and the public will go on its merry way believing Homo sapiens to be the most advanced life ever in the history of the universe. Manifest Destiny and all that.

/oh well

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I think all that happens when we pass on. Eyes reopened, we see the real world for the first time.

And its amaaaazing…

But here in this 'real' world they will always lie hide and deny the truth, if they even know it. NO matter how slow you release something out of the controlled environment, it would still rock the boat.

I was with other friends the one time we all saw something. It started arguments, I lost friends over it. Even having witnessed it firsthand, som still refuse to acknowledge what they have just seen and what it means.

I think the US government could parade a group of visitors at a press conference today and people still wouldn't believe it. Or some groupies would form, following them everywhere like rock stars, tearing at their clothing, trying to get a piece of their fame.

But most people today will just go, meh-- fake…
edit on 24-10-2015 by intrptr because: removed quote

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They are really afraid about the excitement & already playing it down like newzy but still the title "Experts believe they found alien mega structure...
Funny i just noticed SETI has 42 antennas!!!! 42

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

THAT CANT BE A COINCIDENCE.

I'm personally waiting for the shuttle to this new star so I can ask Deep Thought in the flesh.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Everlastingknowitall because: grammar

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

i wouldnt be surprised if a Kickstarter fund gets set up for the 'search of life near the dimming star' in the next few months.

Why not? aren't they working for decades towards this and I don't think that funds would be needed if Seti achieve to translate this into workable alien signatures that we might understand.

But until it's officially out of speculation,we have to wait until it happens.

I don't think if this is such an advanced species that they don't even worry about us and have all the info about our species probably knowing about life in a much wider spectrum as we think they have.

edit on 0b20America/ChicagoSat, 24 Oct 2015 11:20:20 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Oct 2015 11:20:20 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Also if the signal is from an intelligent civ it seems strange they would have tech to place a Dyson swarm and still be using radio to communicate.

It could be something as silly as a baby toy or even a tool from a more primitive species that cohabits the same space.

Our children have toys using our outdated technology and our animals have tracking technology in them. Basically, even though we are using the most up-to-date methods of data transfer in our professional world, we still have many remnant tech being used for cheap products and even old signals being residual from older eras (like number stations).

Whatever they are using for communication now would likely be something we can't detect.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Everlastingknowitall

Oh no it's 1500 years in the past what if it's the vogon constructor fleet heading our way?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Or it's like a beacon lighthouse fish hook trap waiting for a response from people like us. Next thing we know we're being invaded by a army of Decepticons or cyborg Cylons that see humans a yummy fuel source.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well the plans have been on file in the archives on Alpha Centauri for 50 of your earth years now. Not my fault you dont get involved in galactic policy.

I'm solid, I have my thumb and my towel.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Everlastingknowitall

Actually, the tech needed to build a Dyson Sphere is not that far advanced from where we are now. We are talking a diference in tech of decades, not thousands of years.

Once we account for the fact that their tech most likley developed on a different track than our tech, we could potentially be more advanced than they are in certain areas. It is not unlikely, according to some theories in the community, that intelligent life has developed in certain areas of the galaxy at roughly the same time on multiple systems. Of course, we could be far, far behind them and they could still be using radio frequencies for transmission, for some reason.

In either case, I am going to remain in the camp that believes if it truly is aliens, we will not hear of it. They will label it natural, or some other explainable phenomenon within the community and the public will go on its merry way believing Homo sapiens to be the most advanced life ever in the history of the universe. Manifest Destiny and all that.

/oh well

Just need Robots really. We could do it now but would be very expensive and a huge undertaking. Mining bots, smelting bots, energy bots, manufacturing bots, construction bots...we can do it now. Would be SLOW and beyond reach of any of our life times to see any results but doable if we decided to do it.

Just think if we built an automated system of Robots to build a Dyson Sphere and set it in motion and then destroyed ourselves or asteroid destroy us or something...any intelligence visiting here in a million years would think we were Robot species lol.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join