It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI May Have Detected Intelligent Radio Signal from Strange Dimming Star!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: piney
Does anyone still remember the Illuminati
Playing cards
One of them had an asteroid hitting the earth
And there was another one about aliens attacking the earth.

I also remember what von braun said that there is a government within a government
And they were using fear to control the masses
First they will use communism to frighten you
The they will use an asteroid
And the final card would be aliens

Is it posible that this alien thing is a hoax
Turn your attention away from the 17 trillion
Debt
We have found life on another planet

Did we really go to the moon

von Braun said you will need a rocket 5
Times the size of a Saturn rocket to reach the moon .
Maybe we should get better weapons before
We say hi.

"The Alien Thing" is real, it's not an illuminati made up bit of fiction. The phenomenon is real, visitation is real, and has been throughout mankind's history. Proving it is another story.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, the subject matter of the OP is great, the discussion however is left a bit wanting for ATS. Alien babes and Islam?

What would be the real implications of such an announcement? These guys if real, can harness their sun. Yikes!

We can't even harness ISIS. Catch my drift? In what universe would such an advanced civilization have any desire to hobnob with outright dickheads on planet earth? I mean let's get real, we are so broken as a race we can't even go a day let alone a year without someone dropping a bomb on someone else's head.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Phil Plait has a very interesting article discussing this star...

www.slate.com...

What has been explained is that these could be comets are fragments of planets after collision. This was one of the few explainations other than aliens. But if these were comets or planet fragments, they would be absorbing the heat from the star and as they are huge the increased heat radiation could have been picked up. Scientists recently said that no extra infrared radiation was detected, thus ruling out the only other explaination other than aliens. So it's either aliens or some exotic natural event never seen before.
edit on 24/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Probably worth reading this before jumping to crazy conclusions like many of you have been in this thread.

www.forbes.com...

edit on 24-10-2015 by Iamnotadoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

That's from a week ago. We are talking today...
SETI oct, 22

Seriously? Could this star, lovingly named KIC 846 2852 - a fairly ordinary stellar orb roughly half-again as big as our Sun and nearly five times brighter - be home to some advanced society that's solving its energy crisis by constructing what's called a Dyson sphere (or more practically, a Dyson swarm): a phalanx of solar panels that orbit their sun, turn oodles of starlight into electricity, and then beam that energy back to the home planet to power their fossil fuel-free lifestyle?

Well, that's certainly a possibility. The idea of Dyson swarms (first proposed by physicist Freeman Dyson) is appealing enough to have tempted several astronomers to look for them throughout the Galaxy. They've done so by searching for the warm glow of infrared light that would waft off the back side of the solar panels. Their task is tricky however, because any dust floating in the space between the planets (and there's always dust!) would mimic this infrared glow.

edit on 24-10-2015 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 24-10-2015 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

After telling people all over the place about my experiences with ufos there seems a general consensus I'm mad........................ I really hope they find this signal is from an intelligent source

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

UPDATE 23.10.2015, 01:20 Uhr SETI-Astronom korrigiert UniverseToday-Artikel: „Kein SETI-Signal von KIC 8462852″ Saarbrücken (Deutschland) – Nachdem sich in den letzten Stunden die Meldungen über ein angebliches und möglicherweise sogar intelligentes Signal aus Richtung des Sterns KIC 8462852 aufgrund einer Meldung auf „UniverseToday.com“ überschlagen haben, hat „Grenzwissenschaft-Aktuell.de“ den darin zitierten SETI-Astronom Dr. Gerald Harp kontaktiert und zu der Meldung befragt. Im GreWi-Interview korrigiert der Astronom die Aussagen des UniverseToday-Artikels nun und stellt fest, dass SETI bislang noch keine Signale von KIC 8462852 empfangen habe.

www.grenzwissenschaft-aktuell.de...

In other words: they rang Gerald Harp and he said it's all bogus, they did not (yet) find anything meaningful.

Please move to hoax bin.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

3 tits.....awesome

Exciting times, great find.

Time to really blow your mind. Suppose the alien race has more than two sexes? Because we have two, sometimes three if you count Caitlyn, doesn't mean an alien race can't have four or five. And perhaps their primary females are very cat like, seven feet tall, with with canine teeth, soft downey body feathers and eight tits.

The possibilitys boggle the mind.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
if they have oil, they of course are terrorists and we will have to bomb them into democracy!
a haliburton probe is already on its way!

the white house meanwhile surely thinks about creating a no fly zone around this star.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
While an extraterrestrial civilization like the one in question probably would have advanced beyond the use of radio waves for things like communication and data transmission, it's very likely some of their tech would still emit some signals in those wavelengths just as a side effect. And our scientists behind the big radio telescopes would be able to identify the patterns in those signals as artificial.

I really wonder what the public reaction would/will be in today's world of reading bite-sized 144 character news stories, then on to the next item in our newsfeeds... Will it be mass astonishment, contemplation and reflection (like it definitely should be imo), or skepticism, Conan and Colbert one-liners, then on to the next thing? How will the religious fundamentalists handle it? Would most of them just say 'That's fine, another God or our God created that other civilization', or would there be mass denial and violent opposition? These things worry me. But an announcement like that could take years or perhaps decades to really sink in and hit home, for humanity to process the news and start to change accordingly.

Here's a positive - the tech to build solar panels in geosynchronous Earth orbit is pretty close to being within our technological reach. Carbon nanotube and nanobot tech will make possible the creation of a surface-to-space elevator, making transportation of construction materials from Earth to space exponentially cheaper. Solar panels in space operate at 100% efficiency, with no atmosphere or weather to obscure the sunlight. So in the next few decades, when mass production of carbon nanotube wire becomes a thing, the ball could start rolling pretty fast. And it would mean the end of fossil fuel dependence, and a real and lasting end to energy crises.

So even if it would take a millennia and a half to contact or communicate with our celestial brothers and sisters, this potential discovery and all the speculation/theorization swirling around it has already given us some amazing ideas for our own future!

tl;dr: Think positive;space babes.

edit on 10242015 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

edit on 10242015 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Finally I hope.
Maybe we will then all realise it shouldn't be human v human but human v aliens and we can all band together in harmony and kill the alien scum.
Unless they are hot.

Will certainly be a wake up call. Once we acknowledge alien life we are forever unsafe as a species. Our technology will forever not be advanced enough. Our space exploration capability will forever be behind what is needed.

Humanity will change.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If the stars apparent brightness is fluctuating up to 22 %, doing it randomly, and its not a companion dwarf or disk of materiel blocking the light (like Saturns rings), then maybe its the star itself in flux of change (collapsing or pre Nova?).

All stars emit radio signals, by the way.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

UPDATE 23.10.2015, 01:20 Uhr SETI-Astronom korrigiert UniverseToday-Artikel: „Kein SETI-Signal von KIC 8462852″ Saarbrücken (Deutschland) – Nachdem sich in den letzten Stunden die Meldungen über ein angebliches und möglicherweise sogar intelligentes Signal aus Richtung des Sterns KIC 8462852 aufgrund einer Meldung auf „UniverseToday.com“ überschlagen haben, hat „Grenzwissenschaft-Aktuell.de“ den darin zitierten SETI-Astronom Dr. Gerald Harp kontaktiert und zu der Meldung befragt. Im GreWi-Interview korrigiert der Astronom die Aussagen des UniverseToday-Artikels nun und stellt fest, dass SETI bislang noch keine Signale von KIC 8462852 empfangen habe.

www.grenzwissenschaft-aktuell.de...

In other words: they rang Gerald Harp and he said it's all bogus, they did not (yet) find anything meaningful.

Please move to hoax bin.

Yup true, I mentioned that in the OP. Officially nothing can be let out till, data is peer reviewed. Its the scientists who are in the project who gave out the information that a somewhat intelligent signal has been detected. But we wont get any official confirmation for months till the data is peer reviewed.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

The star is 1500 some odd light years away, we would technically discover them before they get anything from us.
And if they were super advanced where space travel is somehow viable then I am sure they would have at least setup some sort of outpost here or something.

Which leads me t believe they have not done so and are mainly concentrated on their own solar system, just like we would when we have the industrial strength and power to do so.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

No, it's not that he said we did not get any "meaningful signals" - it's that he sais that "we did not receive ANY signals". Move to hoax bin please.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Sorry if i am the conspiracy nut in this case, but am i supposed to believe they get no signal at all for two days?

Why don't you move to the hoax bin?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Come on does anyone seriously think earth is the only place with life? What ever lifeforms we run into first I hope it's not hostile.

In the grand perspective of the universe mankind has only been around for a blink of an eye. There could be things out there highly advanced that we might not want to make contact with.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Nice..

SnF with a post so I can follow.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Seriously guys.... Behave. What do they think when they're reading this?
What if they're like snails? Both genders in one?

Hopefully the women will be sexy as hell and the Men will be straight!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And what about our gays? Nah, i think i prefer an open for experiments mostly straight society with at least three genders and five different sexual orientations. As long as they're hot, we'll get along.💋💖👅

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join