It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI May Have Detected Intelligent Radio Signal from Strange Dimming Star!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This could be the defining discovery, but it could also be nothing.

Either way it is exciting times.

There's life Jim, but not as we know it.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

3 tits.....awesome

Exiting times, great find.

Really? No offence bro, but we may finally, for the first time in human history, have found an Alien Signal and all you can think about is tits?

But the chance to finally meet alien women is so very compelling! Besides if they are dudes do we really want to meet them? Seriously arent you always happier to meet really hot women than macho dudes. . .
Macho dudes make you feel inferior while really hot women make us feel good. . .
We want this to be a good first meet, that is if we ever meet them, so I see nothing wrong with many hoping for an alien presence that is very pleasing to the eyes mind etc. . . .
Not saying there wont be alien men too but I cant say I will be really that exited to meet them um ah you know what I mean. . . . LOL

Besides we cant go to war with really hot space babes, I think the masses would rather surrender to them lolz.

I hope you did not find my coment insulting. I had no such intention, just wanted to crack a joke.

I think its highly unlikely they will resemble us physiologically and anatomically. But for sure they will be 10,000s years ahead of us.
edit on 24/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Seriously guys.... Behave. What do they think when they're reading this?
What if they're like snails? Both genders in one?

If they are really really hot I dont think most of us would care. . . .LOLZ

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Have a reliable source within seti. .

The message says.. December 18th the force awakens. .

No one is really sure what it means yet..

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

...Reliable source?...Message?....link..?.
sounds like the bs we read in the MSM every day here.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

3 tits.....awesome

Really? No offence bro, but we may finally, for the first time in human history, have found an Alien Signal and all you can think about is tits?

But the chance to finally meet alien women is so very compelling! Besides if they are dudes do we really want to meet them? Seriously arent you always happier to meet really hot women than macho dudes. . .
Macho dudes make you feel inferior while really hot women make us feel good. . .
We want this to be a good first meet, that is if we ever meet them, so I see nothing wrong with many hoping for an alien presence that is very pleasing to the eyes mind etc. . . .
Not saying there wont be alien men too but I cant say I will be really that exited to meet them um ah you know what I mean. . . . LOL

Besides we cant go to war with really hot space babes, I think the masses would rather surrender to them lolz.

I hope you did not find my coment insulting. I had no such intention, just wanted to crack a joke.

I think its highly unlikely they will resemble us physiologically and anatomically. But for sure they will be 10,000s years ahead of us.

No worries bro no offence taken, I think this is an exiting find and I gave a star and a flag!
On a different but similar note the reason I have spoken as to the female hot alien babes is because I have had multiple dreams of super hot space babes which have various superhuman abilities. In my dreams they have come to earth and I have experienced communication with them on other planets. . . .

But those are just dreams when I am sleeping, they feel real while I am in them, but then I wake up.
So you see how if alien women really did show up, it could mean my dreams may have been some form of communication with an alien super race. . . . . .

edit on 24-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Ewwwww you gave him SARS....

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I don't know why, but I get this strange feeling that we are going to discover we are not alone in the Universe, thanks in large part to SETI and my new best friend - KIC 8462852.

Cheers for the very exciting update, even if it turns out to be a false alarm, it still has me totally intrigued because IF an announcement is made verifying intelligence of some description has been detected then the history books will record this moment in time as a monumental turning point in the quest we have all been on.

Super-excited.

Truely exciting situation. When scientists start talking, then you know it has substance!

If it turns out to be aliens, worst part is that they are 10,000s of years more advanced than us! Not really comforting. Their technology would be like magic compared to even our blackest of black military technology. We will be like ants to them.

I hope they have compassion.

Information releases such as this are well planned out with contingency plans for multiple scenarios. If they are releasing this kind of information to the public, assuming of course it is what everyone hopes it is, we will ensure we can offer assurances to the public before we released information like this.

It's one thing to release information about simple life under a rock on Mars but telling the world some super alien civilization capable of harnessing the power of their sun is just a telescope view away and we will have panic.

Another thing, if these guys are 10,000 years more advanced, than who found who first? We found them? Now that's some hubris. Little monkey's creeping up on God "BOO!" If we know they're there, than they've known about us for at least 10,000 years. Anyone want to correlate that too our ancient civilizations documentation?

They find us 10,000 years ago, pass legislation in their galactic congress. The motion passes and off goes an expedition to the newly found planet. 4,000 years later our gold is gone and our cave ladies are being raped by 18ft giant flying lizards. Some incidentally were taken to the moon and raped there also.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Google it and you'll get the joke.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

3 tits.....awesome

Paul is an awesome movie

Exciting times OP, thanks for the thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Agreed... we think that if they are that far advanced they wouldn't still be using old technology.

However, consider these things:

1) We here on Earth still have people using very old technology to our advantage. A good example would be programming language such as COBOL in mainframes. MORSE Code could be another example.

2) An advanced race of aliens would know that there might be civilizations less advanced than they are, and would use an old technology to try and make "contact"

leolady

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Jeez... lighten up mate...
edit on 24/10/15 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Does anyone still remember the Illuminati
Playing cards
One of them had an asteroid hitting the earth
And there was another one about aliens attacking the earth.

I also remember what von braun said that there is a government within a government
And they were using fear to control the masses
First they will use communism to frighten you
The they will use an asteroid
And the final card would be aliens

Is it posible that this alien thing is a hoax
Turn your attention away from the 17 trillion
Debt
We have found life on another planet

Did we really go to the moon

von Braun said you will need a rocket 5
Times the size of a Saturn rocket to reach the moon .
Maybe we should get better weapons before
We say hi.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

I don't know why, but I get this strange feeling that we are going to discover we are not alone in the Universe, thanks in large part to SETI and my new best friend - KIC 8462852.

Cheers for the very exciting update, even if it turns out to be a false alarm, it still has me totally intrigued because IF an announcement is made verifying intelligence of some description has been detected then the history books will record this moment in time as a monumental turning point in the quest we have all been on.

Super-excited.

Truely exciting situation. When scientists start talking, then you know it has substance!

If it turns out to be aliens, worst part is that they are 10,000s of years more advanced than us! Not really comforting. Their technology would be like magic compared to even our blackest of black military technology. We will be like ants to them.

Information releases such as this are well planned out with contingency plans for multiple scenarios. If they are releasing this kind of information to the public, assuming of course it is what everyone hopes it is, we will ensure we can offer assurances to the public before we released information like this.

It's one thing to release information about simple life under a rock on Mars but telling the world some super alien civilization capable of harnessing the power of their sun is just a telescope view away and we will have panic.

Another thing, if these guys are 10,000 years more advanced, than who found who first? We found them? Now that's some hubris. Little monkey's creeping up on God "BOO!" If we know they're there, than they've known about us for at least 10,000 years. Anyone want to correlate that too our ancient civilizations documentation?

They find us 10,000 years ago, pass legislation in their galactic congress. The motion passes and off goes an expedition to the newly found planet. 4,000 years later our gold is gone and our cave ladies are being raped by 18ft giant flying lizards. Some incidentally were taken to the moon and raped there also.

Lets consider this. The star is 1500 light years away. What we see is them 1500 years back. 1500 years back earth had no satellites, radio, bright artificial light etc. our radio waves has reached a maximum of ~60 lightyears away. They cant see any intelligence here. While 1500 years back they were already advanced thus we can see them now. There is a small probability that they did not yet detect us.

Also, regarding the slow info releasse to prevent panic, I cant beleive that each and every scientist is being controled to keep their mouth shut. Thus leakage.
edit on 24/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Ewwwww you gave him SARS....

Haha lol nice catch i edited my post lol!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

and another pawn is placed,

nwo here we come

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Super-excited.

Lets consider this. The star is 1500 light years away. What we see is them 1500 years back. 1500 years back earth had no satellites, radio, bright artificial light etc. our radio waves has reached a maximum of ~60 lightyears away. They cant see any intelligence here. While 1500 years back they were already advanced thus we can see them now. There is a small probability that they did not yet detect us.

Also, regarding the slow info releasse to revent panic, I cant beleive that each and every scientist is being controled to keep their mouth shut. Thus leakage.

That's because you're thinking like a human. If they are 10,000 years ahead of us and we see back 1500 that is still 8500 years advancement over us. Where were we just 100 years ago? We can detect life signatures in the chemical composition of an alien atmosphere.....so what's stopping them?

To think we can think like them would also be hubris. They may be able to detect a fart from another galaxy for all we know.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Super-excited.

Also, regarding the slow info releasse to revent panic, I cant beleive that each and every scientist is being controled to keep their mouth shut. Thus leakage.

That's because you're thinking like a human. If they are 10,000 years ahead of us and we see back 1500 that is still 8500 years advancement over us. Where were we just 100 years ago? We can detect life signatures in the chemical composition of an alien atmosphere.....so what's stopping them?

Yes you are right, that did not cross my mind. Life signs such as methane and other organics could be detected long ago.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Finally I hope.
Maybe we will then all realise it shouldn't be human v human but human v aliens and we can all band together in harmony and kill the alien scum.
Unless they are hot.

Yes, I'm sure the Muslims find this exciting.It would take the focus off of them while they infiltrate Europe.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Phil Plait has a very interesting article discussing this star...

www.slate.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join