It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI May Have Detected Intelligent Radio Signal from Strange Dimming Star!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The SETI search for Alien signal from star KIC 8462852 ended yesterday, 23rd October 2015. All data has been collected. The data must now be properly processed and peer reviewed. We will hear nothing official till it has been properly peer reviewed and published. BUT scientists who are participating in the project are saying interesting things:

Mountain View (USA) - Since the discovery of the "bizarre light pattern" of distant star "KIC 8462852", which could indicate in addition to natural causes on a huge artificial structure and thus to a highly developed civilization around the star, GreWi reported. Just a few days later the SETI Institute with the telescopic system Allen Telescope Array (ATA) has taken up the search, now reported a participating SETI astronomers that actually a first and perhaps even intelligent signal was collected

Sorry its google translated from German.

So, a participating scientist confirms signal reception. Then a later update by officials says: nothing yet.

In GreWi interview astronomer corrects the statements of the Universe Today article now and notes that SETI had yet to receive any signals from KIC 8,462,852

Now this is very exciting! Could anyone with better info collection skills provide more links or information please.

Link in German
edit on 24/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Then its aliens of course! Good find! Star and flag!
I think this is a slow leak disclosure happening, and its about time!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

No eureka yet.
But maybe

edit on 24-10-2015 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

No eureka yet.
But maybe

Ofcourse, officially not yet. But participating scientists from SETI are saying that they did receive a periodic radio signal from the strange star and it could be artificial. We will hear nothing official till it is verified, then gets peer reviewed, etc etc. May take months. The search by the way, ended yesterday. Now they are reviewing the data collected.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

It's super exciting, no matter what it is.

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Finally I hope.
Maybe we will then all realise it shouldn't be human v human but human v aliens and we can all band together in harmony and kill the alien scum.
Unless they are hot.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I don't know why, but I get this strange feeling that we are going to discover we are not alone in the Universe, thanks in large part to SETI and my new best friend - KIC 8462852.

Cheers for the very exciting update, even if it turns out to be a false alarm, it still has me totally intrigued because IF an announcement is made verifying intelligence of some description has been detected then the history books will record this moment in time as a monumental turning point in the quest we have all been on.

Super-excited.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Finally I hope.
Maybe we will then all realise it shouldn't be human v human but human v aliens and we can all band together in harmony and kill the alien scum.
Unless they are hot.

Dude they are probably hot! I wish I could be with one of those superhuman alien women, that would be awesome! I am guessing super hot babes capable of doing anything they could imagine!

edit on 24-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

It's potentially exciting but no Champagne corks yet , there are many things that could account for the signal.
Also if the signal is from an intelligent civ it seems strange they would have tech to place a Dyson swarm and still be using radio to communicate.

I hope it turns out to be ET but suspect it will be another interesting natural phenomenon , time will tell.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I don't know why, but I get this strange feeling that we are going to discover we are not alone in the Universe, thanks in large part to SETI and my new best friend - KIC 8462852.

Cheers for the very exciting update, even if it turns out to be a false alarm, it still has me totally intrigued because IF an announcement is made verifying intelligence of some description has been detected then the history books will record this moment in time as a monumental turning point in the quest we have all been on.

Super-excited.

Truely exciting situation. When scientists start talking, then you know it has substance!

If it turns out to be aliens, worst part is that they are 10,000s of years more advanced than us! Not really comforting. Their technology would be like magic compared to even our blackest of black military technology. We will be like ants to them.

I hope they have compassion.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

3 tits.....awesome

Exciting times, great find.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's potentially exciting but no Champagne corks yet , there are many things that could account for the signal.
Also if the signal is from an intelligent civ it seems strange they would have tech to place a Dyson swarm and still be using radio to communicate.

I hope it turns out to be ET but suspect it will be another interesting natural phenomenon , time will tell.

Yes I know, what you mean. Radio to them is like smoke signal to us. BUT smoke signals are even used today in the military to signal approaching choppers etc. Radio signal may be used by them eventhough they have super advanced quantum communications, just for heating a sandwich maybe. Microwaves are radio signals used not for communication but heating food. The new tractor beam invented by NASA scientists use light which is also radio waves! Just like smoke can be used for communication as well as to disperse a riot. We just need to detect any type of 'smoke' coming from the star.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Indeed, however how can we be surprised if they still use radiowaves? How can we be surprised with anything they do? They might have dyson spheres and interstellar transports but still live on the surface in caves. Thats the exciting thing about searching for alien life. We have no idea about any technology they have, how they use it etc. Just because we think radiowaves would be primitive to an advanced civilisation, who is to say they really are?

Cheers

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

While I agree that we can but guess at what tech an alien civ would or wouldn't have it seems unlikely a civ would be further advanced than us in that they can harness the power of their star but still use analogue transmissions , of course that doesn't mean they couldn't be using both analogue and digital.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

3 tits.....awesome

Exiting times, great find.

Really? No offence bro, but we may finally, for the first time in human history, have found an Alien Signal and all you can think about is tits?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I also think of the exciting time we are living in concerning this, and the possible awesome find

edit on 24-10-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: Mianeye

3 tits.....awesome

Exiting times, great find.

Really? No offence bro, but we may finally, for the first time in human history, have found an Alien Signal and all you can think about is tits?

But the chance to finally meet alien women is so very compelling! Besides if they are dudes do we really want to meet them?

Seriously arent you always happier to meet really hot women than macho dudes. . .

Macho dudes make you feel inferior while really hot women make us feel good. . .
We want this to be a good first meet, that is if we ever meet them, so I see nothing wrong with many hoping for an alien presence that is very pleasing to the eyes mind etc. . . .
Not saying there wont be alien men too but I cant say I will be really that exited to meet them um ah you know what I mean. . . . LOL

Besides we cant go to war with really hot space babes, I think the masses would rather surrender to them lolz.

Think about it who would you rather have help you evolve some hot goddess or some macho god?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If this turns out to be alien in nature, who will be surprised? The universe is most likely teaming with life, both microbial and intelligent. It seems as though under the right circumstances, the universe is fine tuned to create life, our planet is proof of that and is not the only one that harbors life.

Awesome find, I'll be watching this.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Finally I hope.
Unless they are hot.

Dude they are probably hot! I wish I could be with one of those superhuman alien women, that would be awesome! I am guessing super hot babes capable of doing anything they could imagine!

Gallexy quest comes to mind
When that alien is kissing one of the crew

That ain't right. Lol

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Seriously guys.... Behave. What do they think when they're reading this?
What if they're like snails? Both genders in one?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join