It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt panel approves using radar to find Nefertiti tomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Green light has been given to search for possible hidden chambers in King Tutankhamun's tomb with radar.

I really hope they find something as it will be 100% untouched, since Tut's was untouched when found.

I'm hyped.

SOURCE

An Egyptian panel of experts has approved using radar to search for a hidden chamber in King Tutankhamun's tomb, which may be the burial place of Queen Nefertiti, an official said Thursday.
Reeves, who was in Luxor in September to probe his theory, believes one door of Tutankhamun's tomb could conceal the burial place of Nefertiti.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

It'll be an unexpected wonder if they uncover another tomb behind Tut's. I'll be surprised if anything is there and cheering if it is! The sheer extraordinariness and luxury of Tut's burial goods and art would be hard to beat and maybe an adjacent chamber will be similar in riches?

November, they say and that's not far away. After some three thousand years, a few weeks is nothing

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This will be very interesting, indeed.
I do hope they also eventually reactivate the 'Djedi Project' to further explore the queen's chamber shaft.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

This is fantastic news indeed, but I wonder if this same panel of experts could be persuaded to extend the authorization to use the radar and take a look under the Sphinx and great Pyramid too, after all that mythological Hall of Records must be somewhere Dr Hawass

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Excellent news, not that I doubted they would obtain permission but it's good the ball is now rolling!

How I would love to be there if and when they confirm her tomb is there and crack it open. I believe the likelihood that they really have discovered her tomb is quite high, it really does make sense and I cannot wait to see the treasures they pull out of those rooms! Methinks it'll make Tut's treasures look like garage sale items!

edit on 24/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This could overshadow all Tut was....
Awesome news and I wait to see the results.
I hope they can use the radar to look in many more suspect places as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat

I hope they can use the radar to look in many more suspect places as well.

If it's proven to work in this case then methinks subsequent use of radar on other sites will not have to pass through as much red tape.

That's the hope anyway
Like Sublimecraft, I too really want to see them do a proper radar survey of the Sphinx and the Pyramids. The exploration done so far on both those sites, including the "drilling" they did many years ago under the Sphinx, is woefully inadequate.

edit on 24/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

top topics

join