It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "void"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
My apologies if this is a no-go topic, I cant find the list of them.

But when you talk about contacting spirits and all that, people always say "be careful" "Dont get sucked into the void" pretty much saying don't let the evil spirit turn you. Ect.

They always say things like "I've experienced it, and its nothing you want." Ect. Ect.

What exactly is "it" that they are warning you against. What is this experience? They always warn, but never go into detail. I want the details of this "void".

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's where you try to become "nothing," yet soon realize you're "everything."

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Q33323

That does seem very sad, but what? Once you realise this, the chance for you is gone? It's like giving up everything, for an answer you already knew?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here 'IT' is:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Well that was harsh!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

It ahh... it makes you kill yourself? Even the answers I'm getting right now are vague. Whats so #ed about it that it should be avoided?
edit on 23-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

Maybe people don't like talking about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
My experience for the void was chemically induced by psychotropic medications under doctor's orders during my stay in an inpatient facility for treatment and stabilization of a pre-existing psychiatric condition.

In short, I can only describe it as having your consciousness being sucked into a black hole....and you feel your entire mental awareness being compressed into a singularity point density as you begin to lose all sense of self-identity and merge with other consciousnesses that have fallen into the Abyss before, at which point you begin to experience such detachment from reality that all you feel is an excruciating sense of compression while being surrounded by darkness.

I found no demons that time around - just a highly impersonal gravitational force and abject terror.

The other times I won't get into for the sake of my own sanity.
Some things are best left forgotten and buried.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat
My apologies if this is a no-go topic, I cant find the list of them.

But when you talk about contacting spirits and all that, people always say "be careful" "Dont get sucked into the void" pretty much saying don't let the evil spirit turn you. Ect.

They always say things like "I've experienced it, and its nothing you want." Ect. Ect.

What exactly is "it" that they are warning you against. What is this experience? They always warn, but never go into detail. I want the details of this "void".

The other sides can affect you in much the same fashion that meatspace can. The difference is that, if you are actively interacting with the other sides, you are far more aware of it and thus more susceptible to it.

Think of a low hum down the street, one you wouldn't notice if distracted. It affects you in a subtle way but it's not even something you are aware of. Now, if somebody came up to you and said "Do you hear that? It's soooo annoying!", you would listen for it, hear it, and be unable to unhear for quite some time.

Atmospheres rich with activity from the other sides can be created and felt. When people talk about the "void" as something you can get sucked in to, they are either fundamentalists just trying to scare you or they are people who felt uncomfortable with the residual effects.

There is flora and fauna analogs over there as there are over here. As above, so below, etc. If that is understood properly, it should be no surprise when the things you encounter are sometimes very positive, very negative, or anywhere in between.

Most religions that do not prohibit this sort of contact have their own guidelines, etiquette, and doctrine for experiencing the various spiritual spaces. Almost all of them are helpful because they teach patience and discipline when approaching the subject. The details aren't always so important, it's the intent and pace you walk forward with.

But speaking as a person who has made this her life for many years, I can say it is no more dangerous than waking down the sidewalk in a busy urban area. That is not to say there are no dangers, mind you; the dangers are simply mundane things to avoid with a little study and forethought.

Great question and good on you for looking closer at the common warnings and stigmas.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
My experience for the void was chemically induced by psychotropic medications under doctor's orders during my stay in an inpatient facility for treatment and stabilization of a pre-existing psychiatric condition.

In short, I can only describe it as having your consciousness being sucked into a black hole....and you feel your entire mental awareness being compressed into a singularity point density as you begin to lose all sense of self-identity and merge with other consciousnesses that have fallen into the Abyss before, at which point you begin to experience such detachment from reality that all you feel is an excruciating sense of compression while being surrounded by darkness.

I found no demons that time around - just a highly impersonal gravitational force and abject terror.

Here's an Amen to that brother.

The other times I won't get into for the sake of my own sanity.
Some things are best left forgotten and buried.

Here's an Amen to that brother.
edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2015 23:37:27 -0500Fri, 23 Oct 2015 23:37:27 -050015102015-10-23T23:37:27-05:001100000037 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Would either of you discribe it as a lot of mechanical sounds, saws, boiling grease, motorcycle? Like a grinding sensation? Void of meaning? A compression in the chest? Your body gets very hot and you wish to wake up?

When you do wake up, you have a strong appreciation for reality?

I wish to know more as my intention is only to observe, experience, and understand.
edit on 23-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
THE VOID Is a place in our universe devoid of the light of any stars. It is a billion light years across. If you imagine being cast off into the center of that void you have what is the void in my opinion. A photon could take a half billion years at the speed of light to get out of the center of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
“The Void” is supposedly a Kabbalistic space that precedes God’s creation of the world. It looks like a room/place where everything is white, like shown in films like the Matrix - from where you have access to all times of history, future, and even distant locations. The Void exists "beside" all time and locations.

-MM
edit on 24-10-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

It is where nothing that you currently believe is the standard. You are not physical--rather, you are beyond being physical--and you are not in control upon arrival. Perhaps you can learn to negotiate your way...maybe not as other things inhabit the same domain and relish new arrivals.

...Or so I sorta believe...not that I want to....

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The void happens when consciousness is switched off and only the landscape of dreams and nightmares exist.

If you are able to remember dreams, then you know how chaotic the void can be.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I also thought something like that should be the case.

The void for me seems like a state without senses and ego which you can induce even with deep meditation. But don't know much about entities or stuff like that...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The void is what the illusory separate thing avoids.
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." Exodus 33:20

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I would have thought that the void, like all spaces created within or conceptualised by the human mind, will be different for everyone. One persons explanation of it would, therefore, naturally be unhelpful to another, in terms of making the void instantly recognisable.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Untill they make a movie about it...
But i think you're right it is what you imagine it to be.
The problem is, once you lost touch with the realms of reality enough to enter it, you'll never again be able to tell stories.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: TrueBrit

Untill they make a movie about it...
But i think you're right it is what you imagine it to be.
The problem is, once you lost touch with the realms of reality enough to enter it, you'll never again be able to tell stories.

Everything in me wants to prove sayings like this wrong. There is nothing powerful enough to detach you from reality, unless you allow ot to over come your logical thought processes.

Maybe im different but if you take what you see with a grain of salt, keep a steady head, you wouldn't need to fear anything you are not trying to connect with or contact.

So how would one do it? It doesnt sound scary enough to keep me from wanting to see what's up.
edit on 24-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join