It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few points for argumentative Creationists to consider.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Take into account your avatar and its relevance to an IDEALISED (beautiful) version of the human specie; more a tricky idealized meme that is backwards in meaning: revolting and Ghost147 has no idea the harm being caused.

I'm not quite sure why you're so obsessed with my avatar. 'Beauty' and 'revolt' are subjective from person to person. Some find my Avatar mesmerizing, some find my avatar revolting, some find it beautiful, some simply don't care.

But... I've never seen someone obsess over it spanning multiple threads
Must you go off topic in all the threads I see you in? Although this one does seem fairly concluded

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

You claim that you understand evolution, yet your posts in this thread clearly show otherwise.

What is more arrogant?

1. Trusting in scientific experts to eventually get an answer.

2. Thinking that you know more than qualified experts on the matter.

I'm not sure why it always boils down to accusations of arrogance on these matters. When something is backed up by mountains upon mountains of tangible evidence, it doesn't take arrogance to agree with it. It takes arrogance to dismiss it. Think about it. The arrogance accusation is getting so old. Science isn't against religion and agreeing with science doesn't make you arrogant, it makes you rational.

Your reasoning is completely illogical. If you understood the concept of accumulation of genetic mutations or traits, you'd realize you do not have an argument. We don't have millions of years to observe evolution in real time, but we see it in the fossil record and in the gene pools of organisms. My question to you, since you separate "micro" and "macro" evolution is: What prevents small changes from adding up? If you are suggesting that the small changes are real and provable, you need to explain why they would stop or what genes would be prevented from changing enough to qualify as a new genus or family, given enough time. Explain yourself.

edit on 26-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: spygeek
Same thought process happening here.

edit on 26-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Take into account your avatar and its relevance to an IDEALISED (beautiful) version of the human specie; more a tricky idealized meme that is backwards in meaning: revolting and Ghost147 has no idea the harm being caused.

I'm not quite sure why you're so obsessed with my avatar. 'Beauty' and 'revolt' are subjective from person to person. Some find my Avatar mesmerizing, some find my avatar revolting, some find it beautiful, some simply don't care.
Must you go off topic in all the threads I see you in? Although this one does seem fairly concluded

This is the 'Origins and Creationist' thread forum, your choice of avatar image is ironic is all (befitting of this forums usual content) .

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This is the 'Origins and Creationist' thread forum, your choice of avatar image is ironic is all (befitting of this forums usual content) .

How is it ironic? Also, how can it be, considering that I can't chose which avatar I have in which forum I post in. It is the same throughout all of ATS.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

How is it ironic? Also, how can it be, considering that I can't chose which avatar I have in which forum I post in. It is the same throughout all of ATS.

Ironic regarding this forum (look at my avatar--canine specie depicted).

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ironic regarding this forum (look at my avatar--canine specie depicted).

yeah.. i dunno vet.. you seem to be going pretty off topic to make a point. and a pretty flimsy point at that.. are you suggesting it is ironic to post in the origins and creationism forum while having an avatar depicting a fictional creature? how is a dog less "ironic"?

the only irony i can see is that you don't know the meaning of irony.

no offence, but please stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You displayed a great irony. Though agreeing and somewhat supporting your 'on topic' missives; cancelled my membership. Play along or the Ego Club takes your VIP pass (read the posts and the velvet ropes containing/thwarting all of the other ill advised comments will disappear).

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You displayed a great irony. Though agreeing and somewhat supporting your 'on topic' missives; cancelled my membership. Play along or the Ego Club takes your VIP pass (read the posts and the velvet ropes containing/thwarting all of the other ill advised comments will disappear).

i'm sorry, i can't make heads or tails of this.. what are you trying to say? is it anything to do with evolution? creationism? how have i "displayed great irony"? you have cancelled your membership to what? what is this "Ego Club"?

please try to make sense, this reply appears to consist mostly of meaningless fluff and metaphor, and i fail to understand your meaning..

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You fail to recognize your friends/supporters is all; getting back to the topic "A few points for argumentative Creationists to consider".

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You fail to recognize your friends/supporters is all (get back to the topic will you?).

probably because none of them have made themselves directly known to me. i rarely remember specific usernames or look at the profiles of particular users on ats, being more interested in the discussion than the personalities behind it..

anyway, this thread is more or less concluded, there really isn't much to add that hasn't already been covered by one thread or another.

edit on 26-10-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
That is the beauty of it; the continual refinement of an idea expressed whether 4 years ago or as you just did opening (perhaps the same) thread this month. Newer generations having a different perspective on the same older subject. Those opinions are completely relevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join