It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Powers Are Real

page: 1

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Double-blind studies have long confirmed an interesting facet of human psychology--establishing and elucidating the phenomenon known as the placebo effect.

But that effect confirms far more than science suspected.

When described under typical conditions within standard literature, the placebo effect is oft-heralded as an example of the overriding influence of mind over physiology.

But when extrapolated unto the logical conclusions of its existent properties, the placebo effect means something far greater than that simple explanation of cognizant understatement--because it isn't an example of the mind overcoming neurology; it's an example of the consciousness overriding materiality.

It's a feat made possible when the spirit occupying the body manifests its concerted will towards achieving a desired outcome through scant more than the power of belief. And it's an occurrence demonstrating the phenomenal ability we have towards manipulating probability and modifying our inner state and outer reality with nothing more than the power of our will.

By ingesting a substance like a sugar pill--through taking a compound that demonstrably has zero effect upon the condition at hand--then compounding that decision with the simple addition of unvarnished faith in the efficacy of the method, the body will respond in an unexpected way: healing itself like that ineffective treatment actually functioned.

Instantly something miraculous transpires, and that miracle proves more than the power of the human mind--because it isn't the mind that catalyzes that effect. It's instead the conscious spirit that manifests that miracle through metaphysical manipulation of the material body, coercing cells into healing themselves and illnesses into receding through nothing more than the directed application of psychic will.

Psychic powers are real, and the placebo effect proves it. For through wielding the full power of your conscious spirit--in putting full faith and belief in the efficacy of a possibility, you substantially increase the probability that particular possibility springs into existence.

You quite literally manipulate reality on a quantum level. And through desire alone you bring your chosen reality into life.

Psychic powers are real, and the effect seen so demonstrably and consistently in the placebo effect is the same fundamental idea underlying concepts like The Secret.

Believe in something and you increase the probability of it becoming real.

Wield your faith like a razor-sharp blade and you can cut any obstacle in your path.

Psychic powers are real, and we wield them all subconsciously throughout each and every day. Believe that you'll fail and you make it more likely. Conversely, believe that you'll succeed and you increase your chances of so doing.

And this is the identical idea behind having a homefield advantage--for with countless fans cheering on those performances and placing their conscious energy into yearning towards a sought-after outcome, it becomes far more likely that the aggregate effect of those concerted applications of will can achieve that desired effect.

Knowing this can literally help change your life--for wielding this ability under conscious direction can keep you from harm whilst helping you achieve your dreams. Be careful how you apply the power of your spirit unto the reality around you. Root always for yourself and others to succeed, and withdraw your support from all those sources of chaos and destruction in the world.

Psychic powers are real, and the placebo effect proves it. Thus your conscious intention is quite literally your greatest weapon. So wield it knowingly and use it judiciously, and take up arms towards putting its power behind nothing but causes of benevolence--accomplishing nothing but good for yourself and for others and forever helping the world at large.

Because where you put your intention and how you wield your spiritual powers says practically everything about you as a person.

So work always towards healing yourself, improving yourself, helping one another, and benefiting this universe we share.

Use your psychic powers to empower the realities you want see arise within and throughout this level of existence.

And never let anyone say the placebo effect is nothing more than a rote phenomenon between mind and body.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The mind is capable of so many things we have barely scratched the surface. Some are born legitimate, and some experience an event that facilitates the flipping of the switch.

Still, nice premise OP, I can dig it.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Azryael

I'm not sure if I had take your premise that far... As Azryael already mentioned we don't know much about the brain and this is a very possible implication to conclude. I would say from what your saying this simply implies we might be able to do so if we have the bio-tech to increase the brains mental processing capacity to meet the energy demands of this ability. Kind of like upgrading a graphics card or an Intel processor in an old computer to use a newer OS.

edit on 23-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

When described under typical conditions within standard literature, the placebo effect is oft-heralded as an example of the overriding influence of mind over physiology.

But when extrapolated unto the logical conclusions of its existent properties, the placebo effect means something far greater than that simple explanation of cognizant understatement--because it isn't an example of the mind overcoming neurology; it's an example of the consciousness overriding materiality.

It's an example of begging the question.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
you cant hypnotize someone who doesnt want to be hypnotized

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Energy flows where attention goes.

Anita Moorjani who died, saw the other side, healed her own cancer, and came back to life:

My own personal intention is to bring to people’s awareness what our human body is capable of doing, so that they can let it into their belief system. The more people start to believe it, the more we will start to see this kind of thing happening. In other words, the more we will start to accept it into our collective minds. Then we will start to see it manifest in the physical.

For example, a miracle is only labeled such because it is an event outside of our belief system. Once we see it happen, we can start to believe it. Once we start to believe it, it can then enter into our consciousness and happen more and more often. It’s as simple as that.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yes Psychic powers are real but from my point of view very miss understood. There are different tools that exists where you can manipulate reality to some extent on a quantum level.

The first thing you might wanna do, to be able to investigate this deeply is to reach energized body awareness. Where the energy can be feel by the body and therefore you have awareness of the current state.

Then you can if you want to play around with for instance Reiki a energy/ki/chi/light tool to transfer the energy thru the hands when you have gotten them to vibrate with energy.

This tool is used for calming people down so that self healing in the body increases and therefore create increased placebo effect. When dealing with quantum fields it is about probability and trying to create an 100% probability of the intended purpose. 100% probability is like creating a 100% efficient motor that uses all energy for the intended purpose and nothing is wasted in heat. Very difficult and high demand for knowledge to do it.

Using only your body and mind to make probability field shift so that all electrons go to one spot is not easy.

edit on 24-10-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Here's an article to support your theory.

www.iflscience.com...

It's a study that shows prolonged exposure to a placebo can actually make it effective even one the subject is made aware of they are being given a placebo. Your body, mind, consciousness or whatever has been Pavlovianly trained to believe the placebo works.

It doesn't so much support your argument that consciousness over everything else is responsible for the effects, but it does support that the belief of an outcome is stronger than the knowledge of an outcome.
edit on 10/24/2015 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

No matter how hard i try, everytime i try to walk through a wall: i hit it. Advice? or is my faith in the force not strong enough?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

No matter how hard i try, everytime i try to walk through a wall: i hit it. Advice? or is my faith in the force not strong enough?

Try running...really fast......(adds disclaimer here to prevent future lawsuits)

But seriously, Trachel I grok you..

Reminds me of Deepak Chopra and his experiences.

The effect is subtle but pervasive. Belief is all thats required.
Surround yourself with believers and the effect is magnified.
But belief is essential. Fence sitting is not an option.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Energy flows where attention goes.

Anita Moorjani who died, saw the other side, healed her own cancer, and came back to life:

My own personal intention is to bring to people’s awareness what our human body is capable of doing, so that they can let it into their belief system. The more people start to believe it, the more we will start to see this kind of thing happening. In other words, the more we will start to accept it into our collective minds. Then we will start to see it manifest in the physical.

For example, a miracle is only labeled such because it is an event outside of our belief system. Once we see it happen, we can start to believe it. Once we start to believe it, it can then enter into our consciousness and happen more and more often. It’s as simple as that.

"For example, a miracle is only labeled such because it is an event outside of our belief system. Once we see it happen, we can start to believe it. Once we start to believe it, it can then enter into our consciousness and happen more and more often. It’s as simple as that."

Spot on..
So simple....and free too.
No need for "Big Pharma" or your doctor.
edit on 24/10/2015 by Ngatikiwi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

Meanwhile in reality your accute appendicitis kills you...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
Double-blind studies have long confirmed an interesting facet of human psychology--establishing and elucidating the phenomenon known as the placebo effect.

But that effect confirms far more than science suspected.

It's a feat made possible when the spirit occupying the body manifests its concerted will towards achieving a desired outcome through scant more than the power of belief. And it's an occurrence demonstrating the phenomenal ability we have towards manipulating probability and modifying our inner state and outer reality with nothing more than the power of our will.

By ingesting a substance like a sugar pill--through taking a compound that demonstrably has zero effect upon the condition at hand--then compounding that decision with the simple addition of unvarnished faith in the efficacy of the method, the body will respond in an unexpected way: healing itself like that ineffective treatment actually functioned.

Instantly something miraculous transpires, and that miracle proves more than the power of the human mind--because it isn't the mind that catalyzes that effect. It's instead the conscious spirit that manifests that miracle through metaphysical manipulation of the material body, coercing cells into healing themselves and illnesses into receding through nothing more than the directed application of psychic will.

Psychic powers are real, and the placebo effect proves it. For through wielding the full power of your conscious spirit--in putting full faith and belief in the efficacy of a possibility, you substantially increase the probability that particular possibility springs into existence.

You quite literally manipulate reality on a quantum level. And through desire alone you bring your chosen reality into life.

Psychic powers are real, and the effect seen so demonstrably and consistently in the placebo effect is the same fundamental idea underlying concepts like The Secret.

Wield your faith like a razor-sharp blade and you can cut any obstacle in your path.

Psychic powers are real, and we wield them all subconsciously throughout each and every day. Believe that you'll fail and you make it more likely. Conversely, believe that you'll succeed and you increase your chances of so doing.

And this is the identical idea behind having a homefield advantage--for with countless fans cheering on those performances and placing their conscious energy into yearning towards a sought-after outcome, it becomes far more likely that the aggregate effect of those concerted applications of will can achieve that desired effect.

Knowing this can literally help change your life--for wielding this ability under conscious direction can keep you from harm whilst helping you achieve your dreams. Be careful how you apply the power of your spirit unto the reality around you. Root always for yourself and others to succeed, and withdraw your support from all those sources of chaos and destruction in the world.

Psychic powers are real, and the placebo effect proves it. Thus your conscious intention is quite literally your greatest weapon. So wield it knowingly and use it judiciously, and take up arms towards putting its power behind nothing but causes of benevolence--accomplishing nothing but good for yourself and for others and forever helping the world at large.

Because where you put your intention and how you wield your spiritual powers says practically everything about you as a person.

So work always towards healing yourself, improving yourself, helping one another, and benefiting this universe we share.

Use your psychic powers to empower the realities you want see arise within and throughout this level of existence.

And never let anyone say the placebo effect is nothing more than a rote phenomenon between mind and body.

There was a story about a woman who went to tibet many decades ago and learnt how to create something out of her mind
So she began to think of a short fat Buddha man
And everyday she would think of him
Until someone walked into her tent and was frightened away after seeing a short fat Buddha guy
Everywhere she went she would see him
Until a time came when she wanted it to stop
She had to go to Tibet and see the one who taught her to make it stop.

I have learnt a mystical teaching that teaches you to do such things
It comes from ninjitsu
I was taught by Wayne Roy in Australia
But I never use it
I consider it the black arts
It was not just the mind but also the power of words or sound
We use to play games with it for training
But I stopped 20 years ago
I still have this knowledge but never use it.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I find it amusing that we see hints of this every where if we just change how we view it.

"Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief (apistia); for verily I say unto you, If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say unto this mountain, moved here to there; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. However this kind (of unbelief) goes not out but by prayer and fasting" [Matthew 17:19-21].
edit on 24-10-2015 by QuietSpeech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
stupid.....yes they are real, the Scripture proves this.....but.it says not to.......

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

Here's an article to support your theory.

www.iflscience.com...

It's a study that shows prolonged exposure to a placebo can actually make it effective even one the subject is made aware of they are being given a placebo. Your body, mind, consciousness or whatever has been Pavlovianly trained to believe the placebo works.

It doesn't so much support your argument that consciousness over everything else is responsible for the effects, but it does support that the belief of an outcome is stronger than the knowledge of an outcome.

Awesome, thanks for that!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

People have also healed themselves with the power of faith in reality.
People have also had visions of their potential future in reality.
People have also gained accurate info through visions in reality.

There are spiritual insights that prove to be true in the physical world happening everyday in reality.

Too bad the mainstream media only talks about the few failures instead of all of the success of spiritual insights and miracles happening everyday.

The more you give your attention to failure in the spiritual community, the more you will think it is all a failure and not see all of the success stories.

That's Law of Attraction; you see more and more (and therefore believe more and more) of what you give your attention/awareness to.

You can choose to give your attention to success stories, what inspires hope, and appreciate all of the love and joy in Life, or not... we are all free to choose.
edit on 24-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Okay the placebo effect is interesting and works. No vision i ever heard of came true without some serious word bending to make it fit.
All i am saying is it is dangerous and just because there are a few exceptions i wouldn't trust just the spiritual guidance and healing powers when i have on the other hand modern medicine available.
It is statistically safer and while you're right the trust in the patient healer relationship is important, most of the ones claiming super magical healing hands are just snake oil salesmen.
I choose to have faith in numbers and empirical data.
The horror with the poor little boy suffering from leukemia and dying because his parents abducted him to bring him to a fraud is still a very true story. He didn't choose and died because his parents were blinded by the love and light you preach so much about...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Again, you're looking at failure instead of all of the success stories.

i wouldn't trust just the spiritual guidance and healing powers when i have on the other hand modern medicine available.

When did I make any judgments about medicine and said not to use it? You choose to see science and spirituality as a battle against each other not me.

new topics

top topics

join