It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Family be replaced by the State?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Is the UN conspiring to replace personal experiential learning with top-down abstract theories?

If you will notice today, few families consist of individuals who protect each other, go to bat for each other, support each other.

According to the Christian Right, the value of extended family is being deliberately suppressed by nations and political entities, in preference for a "world core curriculum" to govern individuals TOP-DOWN, rather than bottom-up from the family, from community.

www.seekgod.ca...

www.eco.freedom.org...

Apparently there is a movement afoot in the United Nations to create universal laws that cover people in all geographical areas, all socio-economic levels, all ages, races and kinds.

That's like legislating rules for both cats and racoons that are neither salient to nor effective for either specie.

I don't see any good coming out of this movement because it makes ethics into a very impersonal and abstract domain rather than an immediate and sensory experience of Good and Bad.

I'm for de-centralizing legislating and governing, and respecting the autonomy of each community that does no harm to its own environment.

People come and people go; but it's the environment we must protect, generation-to-generation and millennium-to-millennium, to guarantee a decent place for our descendants to come. That's the Native American in me.

But, that's just my opinion.

new topics

join