It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What quirks do your pets have? Please share!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
We had a dog for a long time that learned to stand on his hind legs, and turn doorknobs with his paws, and pull the door open. So not only did he go out whenever he pleased, but when the cats wanted to go out, they would go to him and meow, and he'd follow them to the door and open it for them.

It just hit me, that corresponds with the habit my first horse had -
He learned how to undo the latch on his stall door and get out, and would go about letting out all the other horses at the stables too. It was such a pain the arse.

He was a weird one. He also had a terrible fear of chickens, and woud eat chestnuts with the prickly outercovering.
(most horses bite those off and drop them, eating only the chestnut inside).

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
One of my cats will only drink running water.

My large dog hates it when a "stranger" tries to leave the house along with one of "his humans", and actually gets a bit aggressive.

My cockatoo likes drinking soda out of a can (and enjoys Reeses Pieces)

If an egg is dropped in the chicken coop, whether it breaks or not, the chickens will immediately attack and eat it.

My horse knows precisely when it is time to come in, and will stand by the pasture gate at that time.

One of my cats enjoys the TV and likes to hop up and try to attack things moving on the TV.

My cockatoo also hates it when I wear a hat, and will proceed to pull it off my head, if she's sitting on my shoulder.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My youngest dog like to give me what I call hanging hugs. She'll put her chest on the palm of my hand, wrap her front paws around my arm, and just hang there hugging me. If my hand isn't in position for her to put her chest in it she'll move it with her front paw until it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 13-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
cute stuff. pets never cease to amaze me.

i had a chinchilla before we got our dogs and we share pizza, crust only for him.
and if i let him out of his cage, the only way i could get him back was to turn on my amp and hit the strings on my strat.
he would come and sit in front of the amp and i could put him back in his cage.

our 3 now, puddie (pug) doesn't like my wife and i talking, she will interrupt and complain.
burger (black one) let's me know everything. when the kitchen timer goes off, when puddie wants to get out of our bed in the morning, when it's snack time, nap time (we lay down in the bedroom for an hour).
he's so funny, if my wife is putting eardrops in puddie, he'll come in my office and try to back under my desk.

taco (brown) spends most of her time upstairs there on the roof.
she loves catching treats but she is near sighted or something coz she will only catch 1 out of 3.
puddie will stand over her bowl expecting them to drop out of the sky.

burger could play shortstop for boston if they used meatballs.
oh, he will not go past puddie if she is in the way, i have to make her move so he can get by.
taco will step on her no problem. lol!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My dog won't sleep until he lay on my bed by my side. He does not like his own bed. He would barking and wandering around the house all night. So I have no choice I let him sleep in my bed.When I am at work he is also in my bed .Also when I am walking him, he does not allow anyone to get closer to me or greet me. He immediately starts to growl, like he is jealous.Weird dog.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My cat died about 6 years ago and I still cry and miss her terribly. But let my join in…

I used to fold my husband’s socks the old fashioned way of folding them a few times and then pulling the cuff over the folds to make a tight package. We take our shoes off at home and run barefooted. So, when my husband would be getting ready for work, he would grab a pair of socks and place it in his shoe, and leave his shoes by the chair for later, when he was ready to put his shoes on.

Our cat would go into his shoe, pull out the socks, bat them all about the living room until she was tired, and then carefully pick them up and plop the socks back into his shoe. This wasn’t a one time quirk, but a daily event.

Also, my husband is most gracious and whenever I would sneeze, he would blurt out a loud, “BLESS you!” emphasizing the first word and saying it with a certain cadence. One day, I was in another room and had sneezed. My cat ran into the room and with the same cadence, looked at me and said, “MEOW mow!” and then scampered off.

Sigh

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Burger likes to sit like this.

" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">

edit on 2 17 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Oh such a sweet dog. How old is he ? Is he a black German Shepard ? I see another pair of paws on the right side of the pic

, What breeds are your dogs ?

edit on 18-2-2016 by MonaMonina because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2016 by MonaMonina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I have parrot Kesha

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My golden doodle doesn't like me to read. anytime i pick up a book, he paws at it until i put it down.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

My little Jack russel goes crazy when another dog appears on the television & shadows drive him crazy but the hours of fun you can have are great

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Great thread!

After my 11 month old Golden Retriever, Ava, eats she comes to me to burp her, lol. She's very serious and determined about it.

STM

ETA: Whenever it rains she goes outside, puts her head up, mouth open and drinks the rain. She is always so happy to have water from the sky.
edit on 9-3-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
In the wee hours of the morning, way before I have to get up for work, my cat likes to sometimes wake me up by either hitting me in the face with her paw, or licking my nose so I can't breathe.

So , I wake up, feed her, then usually go to the bathroom before returning to bed, and she's always pretending to be fast asleep on my pillow.

It's been going on for 4 years. She's trained me well. I also think she's a little psycho or genius ( you decide) by trying to wake me up by blocking my nose, but I love her.

edit on 9-3-2016 by Harut because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Harut

That reminds me of this..

Have you seen it?

And with the meows on the video my dog perked up his ears...

"Where's the cat, Bos?" He will now get me to let him out so he can cat patrol the garden.

edit on 9/3/2016 by MrsNonSpecific because: video

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

No, I haven't seen it, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My sisters pug would bark every time I would leave the house, but didn't care if she left.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I have a stray dog that I adopted, he is an amazing friend and he gives me a lot of company, I tend to be a loner and humans are not my cup of tea most of the time (something i'm trying to change now that i'm becoming a 25 year old dude) he is pretty sweet and big his name is Sandoz, such a gentle soul.

Anyway, he has this quirk that every time I get home he goes off to my room and grabs the first thing he sees, it can be my PS3 controller, my wallet, a pair of socks, sometimes even my underwear, really embarrassing when I have people over lol, he always needs to have something in his mouth and he runs around all the time from side to side of my place waving his tail and showing everyone what he has in his mouth.

I have tried correct him about this all the time so he stop doing it but I just have given up, I think and understand now it's totally part of his personality and also a way for him to cope with anxiety so now I just laugh at him when he comes at me with something in his mouth

edit on 23/03/16 by angstwatcher13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/03/16 by angstwatcher13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join