It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What quirks do your pets have? Please share!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm
Both of my dogs use their paws like hands to grab things. I call them monkeys. I made a rope out of a couple old (clean) socks and tried to get my youngest to play with it. I told her to grab it and she reached out with her paw and did so, instead of using her mouth like a normal dog. They're both too smart for their own good, too, and use team work to unlock and open car doors. My oldest "talks" sometimes. She makes cute little howl type sounds mixed in with other sounds. My youngest loves country and bluegrass. She adores John Denver's voice.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
When I was young, we had a black and silver-gray Sheltie named Sam. He was affectionate, but very independent at the same time.
He didn't like people to pick him up or get really close and invade his space.
He had a great quirk. You could put out your hand and invite him to shake hands. He would offer you his paw, then when you took his paw, he'd bite you!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I had a female pit mix that had a weird thing for Disney Pocahontas dolls.
I'm in a rural area and the dog ran free in the day.
I ended up with about a dozen Pocahontas dolls scattered around the yard.
She didn't chew them up. She just collected them.
No other toys or objects. Just Pocahontas.
I buried her with her collection. Maybe the best dog I've ever had.

edit on 23-10-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
These stories are so cute!

Jaia does this thing with a rubber frisbee. When he retrieves it, he has to fold it up in quarters, filled with dirt, before he brings it back.

Here's a video.
s116.photobucket.com...

This is just of all four of our dogs (with totally different personalities) playing on B'asia's birthday. B'asia and Mia have both passed, and we really need the house to be filled with dog energy again. It will be soon...

s116.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
My dog Loki is a 4 year old, 125 pound alaskan malamute.
When he gets excited he starts nibbling his foot, then moves to his.. Boy part.
I think he found a way to stimulate himself because before long he will have his penis in his mouth with one leg kicking furiously in the air, with the other leg propelling him in circles on the floor.
Hes been neutered most his life, but i guess still gets urges.
He has a very high sense of instinct and trys to treat us like his pack.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2015 by Macenroe82 because: Added pic

Forgot to mention, he always crosses his front paws. Laying down, stretching...always paws crossed
edit on 24-10-2015 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
One of my cats, a ginger and white tabby, thinks he's a dog. When I get home from work he rolls over on his back to get his belly rubbed

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

My dogs $h1T in straight lines (or along ley lines) during the week of a full moon.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Hahah those are almost perfect!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

That's hilarious. I wonder what kind of pattern he Sh*ts in during an eclipse of the sun!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Ha, I have a dog who does it in one big pile. Always goes in the exact same spot. Makes it easier to clean up though!

I had a cat that for some reason, would pick up an item of clothing on the floor with his mouth, and drag it from one room (usually the bathroom) to another. We thought maybe he was just helping us to tidy up the bathroom?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I thought of a few more that my youngest has. When I feed them she'll take a mouth full of food across the room, drop it, and eat it. Then she'll come back for more. When she comes up to the food bowl for the third time she'll stand there and eat like normal. I have no idea why she does this. Also, when I give her a hug she'll hold my hand. She also insists on being petted with my right hand. If I take it off of her she'll reach out and grab it and bring it back to her. It's always the right hand she does this with.

CX

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My girlfriends Chiwawa/Jack Russel cross has a unique ability to be able to sit like a meerkat all damn day if it means getting a belly rub.....and i mean ALL DAY!!!

CX.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

That is SO cute! What a face!

Only dog people talk so much about dog poop. Jaia poops in a line, but it's because he "walks" while pooping. I pick it up every day, but no piles for this boy. A line. I won't be posting pictures.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

maybe a single line?..... prob on the carpet tho!! lol

One day will set up a cam and try to catch therm.....
too many unanswered questions... like do they share the responsibility, does one do position 1,3,5,7, and the other fills in? one line each??.. why is it aligned almost exactly n/w - s/e?.... are the weights also prime number based? binary? hex? maybe a landing strip for the Sirius Major invasion fleet? Sheer boredom?

To slightly quote Douglas Adams...
'Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the dogs $h1t like this, then we would know a lot more about the nature of the Universe than we do now.”

edit on C2015vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 26 Oct 2015 05:41:30 -050031AM5America/Chicago10 by CovertAgenda because: adds

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I have 1 1/2 year old single main lion rabbit(Mr. Poppy)that always eats when I do and he likes to lie down when he eats sometimes too, and of course he follows me everywhere I go, he is my little shadow.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My, eldest, Bosworth lies down with his back legs completely splayed.

Rodney will walk over the back of the sofa, and try and sit on you from shoulder height. You ultimately end up with a dog's bum in your face until he settles on your lap.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My oldest, Molly, is a stinker. She has an attitude like a teenage human girl. My brother calls her Miss Personality. She hates getting her paws wet and will go out of her way to avoid puddles. If she can't she leaps over them, even when they're tiny. Then again she likes to jump so she does it often. She's also very strong willed. If I tell her to shake she'll do it but when I tell her to shake the other one she'll lay down so she won't have to. I swear she smirks when she does that.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have a 2 year old female boxer named Java. She likes to howl at the phone when someone is leaving a message (which is usually a recording). Only time she howls and it sounds so sad and pathetic! lol

She sleeps with me at night, and she has to be on my left side. Sometimes she starts out on my right, if she's already in bed and I come in after her, but she'll soon switch to my left side.

When my friend's Old English Sheep Dog barks at her, she'll put her paw in his face as if to tell him to shut up!

Love her to death!

Bob

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

We have a kitty....Seiko Von Lickenglitch.
She love to lick our hands....like crazy....we wonder if she's "tasting us" she goes overboard with it so often.

Also, she likes her kitty treats served "tea party style"...as in, she won't go to the treats, they have to be served properly, in a specific way on specific days, or else she'll just look at us disapprovingly until we move the dish towards her "the right way".

Our little Governess, ever the proper Lady Kitty.

(She also wakes us up by jumping on our chests if we oversleep through the snooze alarm. Ooooompf!)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I had a female pit mix that had a weird thing for Disney Pocahontas dolls.
I'm in a rural area and the dog ran free in the day.
I ended up with about a dozen Pocahontas dolls scattered around the yard.
She didn't chew them up. She just collected them.
No other toys or objects. Just Pocahontas.

Now that is something I've never heard before!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join