It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why is my county's property tax collected in another state?

page: 1

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:50 PM
I live in a county in eastern North Carolina. I got my property tax notice in the mail the other day, and I'm supposed to mail it to some P.O. Box in Atlanta Georgia... ?

I mean, I know government is never efficient at anything, but collecting your taxes in a completely different state seems... off. Anyone else have anything similar with their taxes? Or possibly know an explanation of why they would be collected in Atlanta?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:02 PM
I think you may be scammed. I would go to your tax collector and see what this is all about. We always go in person and pay.

I hope you didn't pay?

I never give out any info on the phone to. Even if they know who you are with info, and never give out any info on the phone. I just say sent it to me by mail.....If they say we don't have your correct address and want it verified too bad if know know me you have it. Anything I get in the mail. Check the phone number out. Enter in Google search. I do and lots of complaints comes up.

Hope this helps.
edit on 23-10-2015 by The only 1 who knows the because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
I know I mailed my income tax return to Atlanta. I wouldn't think a local tax would go there though? Call your local office and find out.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:11 PM
a reply to: Aldakoopa

i saw somthing that during national emergency america goes from 50 states to 5 or 6(not sure) i asume u and Georgia would be sectioned off in the same state of fema. maybe a posible glitch that is fortelling events to come? or a scam,

now that i think of it are they not both scams?

first thing i found when i typed in fema regions
edit on 23-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

am watching it now but dont think this will happen but i think it will show the regions that fema breaks usa into if an national emergency breaks out
edit on 23-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:14 PM
It used to be, the tax man cometh… oh, wait.

It used to be any tax over ten percent was too much, and only in times of war, and they had to come collect it.

Now your tax is gone before you even cash the check.

"Thats not a tax, thats a Jack." --Chris Rock

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:46 PM
Sounds scammy to your local assessor and find out for sure before sending any payments.

On the other hand, i can see how having a collection consortia might benefit municipalities in some ways.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:24 PM
a reply to: Aldakoopa is most likely a company which your state or county hired to collect and manage the taxes and they have their HQ in Georgia. Everyone is into outsourcing nowadays and most likely a public bid for the contract and an agency outside of the county and state won with the lowest bid.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
There are six main federal reserve locations, one being in Atlanta. So a lot of banks centralize in those locations. Atlanta does a lot of payroll, banking, and government functions. The last ice storm they got hit a lot of places, including me in Virginia. It took a week to get our payroll checks.

top topics