It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexpected twist , Comet Lovejoy contains a sugar alcohol liquid tail

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Listen up party animals , there seems to be a large amount of booze flying around in our solar system. They have made a unexpected discovery that Comet Lovejoy has this Ethyl alcohol and a simple sugar known as glycolaldehyde tail.

It seems important because it proves that this has basic elements for life to exist. I always have known that beer and wine couldn't do so much harm when I applied myself in the nightlife.

Scientists on Friday identified two complex organic molecules, or building blocks of life, on a comet for the first time, shedding new light on the cosmic origins of planets like Earth. Read more at: phys.org...

I then asking myself what would happen if I flew behind this thing windows open , cheap way for brewery I guess?
Now I start to wonder why the name Lovejoy, hmmmm?

Drinks are on me..

Science News

edit on 0b12America/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2015 16:15:12 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2015 16:15:12 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

How does glycolaldehyde function as a fuel source?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Go home Lovejoy...you're drunk.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
sugar, alcohol, tail... thats my kind of comet!

from op:

Scientists on Friday identified two complex organic molecules, or building blocks of life, on a comet for the first time, shedding new light on the cosmic origins of planets

what if this comet splashes on say neptune, or Venus or one of jupiter's moons, and the conditions are just right somehow (how ever nature works) and we begin to notice activity on whichever it lands on. and the conditions are such that they evolve at 100000X the speed which we evolved.... in a matter of decades they are as advanced as us.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Very cool!

Now to start up a beer company and sell the alcohol for $1000 per can.

And it shall be named "Ghost's LoveJoy Juice"

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I remember reading (yes some of us Hicks read) that their isba interstellar cloud near the constellation Aquila, of alcohol a few years ago. Gives a new meaning of flying high.
edit on 23-10-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

you should apply for a patent on this lol

a reply to: hillbilly4rent
I think they should change the name to constellation taquilla , how close can naming a constellation get?

edit on 0b23America/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2015 16:39:23 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2015 16:39:23 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

OK then who is gonna be designated driver getting us all up to that rock ?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Very cool!

Now to start up a beer company and sell the alcohol for $1000 per can.

And it shall be named "Ghost's LoveJoy Juice"

Already done
originalmetalsigns.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
ehh Not me they have prohibited my licence to fly non conventional spacecraft under the influence of alcohol for the moment

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
brain fried

I don't believe it is true

to be clear they have no samples of this and use long theories for this to be accepted

it is a misunderstanding

there are people behind the scenes right now giving high fives and saying see I told you we could get them to believe anything

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I then asking myself what would happen if I flew behind this thing windows open , cheap way for brewery I guess?

Ah donno maybe y'd be like sucked out of your craft into the vacuum of space..???
Now mining booze dats the plan.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

there are people behind the scenes right now giving high fives and saying see I told you we could get them to believe anything

Yeah and maybe drunk too..lol

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There's plenty of alcohol in the interstellar medium, so why not in our own Solar System.

Amy Mainzer explains: www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumStickNinja

That just made my evening!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
And the Irish will now start a space race with the Scottish and English for the first galatic piss up

If there is one thing that unites and motives us in the British isle and thats the chance to get completely wasted.......if only they now find a comet made of kebab meat......
edit on 23-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why would we want to come back?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Alcohol does not a beverage make. If you were able to condense the stuff and take a sip, you'd puke.

Might as well go drink from wells in death valley, after pouring in a jigger of Shine.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Why would we want to come back?

Where did i say anything about coming back ?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You mentioned a designated driver. You don't need one if you're not coming back

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join