It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason time doesn’t heal.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Okay, quick glance for deep subject.

Healing is possible, My heartfelt wishes for those returning veterans of foreign war and for the children, suffering the pains inflicted on them by circumstances beyond their control.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
time is just flowing and is really not in direct relationship with letting go. Time just flows from point A to B. Cause and effect.

If we don't want change within and do something/anything about it, than no amount of time will be enough.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Exactly well said, in reality that is what I am saying in a roundabout way. I am saying its up to us and our ability to choose to end or finalize our feelings and experiences.a reply to: UniFinity

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Yes it is true what you say, I call that over identification. In extreme examples that is rather easy to understand, war or rape etc. But it is something we all do, identify with our life! Instead of flying through it, the rain, the storms, the sunshine, the heat, the pitts. a reply to: Ignatian

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Well said...

S&F

doesn't work so much with women... unfortunately

edit on 25-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"returning veterans of foreign war"

"...pains inflicted on them by circumstances beyond their control"

This is life. We ALL go off to "war." We ALL have to deal with outside elements which seam to arbitrarily cause us pain. Life is not easy. We will all suffer, the differences are only in degree. To err is human; to forgive, divine.

You, me, them....we are not special. There's nothing new under the sun. All these roads have been travelled before. We either make it...or we don't. My advice to those who don't think they can make it (when, in reality, they can)... "If ya can't make it?, then fake it."

By faking it, you end up making it.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

"If ya can't make it?, then fake it."

By faking it, you end up making it.

With all due respect, faking it is not healing it. A pressure cooker will explode if it isn't relieved once and a while.

My example of veterans was because they receive some of the most serious trauma, either inflicted upon them or others, and suicide rates for them is so high. Faking it is covering it up, there it festers.

Vets don't get enough help with these issues, imo. They gave all for their service, they should be getting more back.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
"Change Your 'thought' or You'll get what You've always got...."

Who creates the 'thought' ? Where does the 'thought' come from/go to? Maybe if We are 'quiet' We can hear? But how hard is it to do 'no thing'?... Maybe We should find a tap that would turn off the 'thought(s)'?

I'll try and sit quietly and do nothing... Hmmm harder than 'I' thought.

namaste

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm speaking about the exterior signs of interior healing, when I say to fake it.

A broken leg is a broken leg, you can't fake walking on a broken leg. Time must heal the physical structure. If something is broken inside, how is this manifested? And what are the signs of a healed spirit? A willingness to go forward? A smile?

Getting up, doing something, ANYthing, painting a fake smile on our face, even when we have to force ourselves to do it...is faking it. Trudging our way through. But, without realizing it, these small steps can start the process of healing an interior wound. And by the way, I didn't make that line up., it's a fairly common line from therapists. "If ya can't make it, fake it". It's a situational defense mechanism, a coping mechanism for people struggling with interior wounds that can paralyze their lives.

I'd rather see someone moving along, faking it in the short term, than continuing to spin their cocoon, withdrawing into their personal abyss, where alone, they wither, and eventually die. (Metaphorically speaking)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

I'm speaking about the exterior signs of interior healing, when I say to fake it.

I know.

I should have said emotional trauma, but that is the thread topic.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Time is not the cure. The cure is a mix always. Lots of time off,
obscene amounts of alcohol and good people who are there
every step of the way back. As a non alcoholic this worked well
for me but of course, it could be disasterous if you have a
problem with alcohol. An alcohol substitute is then to be
considered as some sort of substance abuse is very important.

Think I'm not serious? I am, because nothing is as deadly as
the pain. If you don't numb yourself to the pain, it will kill
you.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I would think : The stronger the love, the longer the pain.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I would think : The stronger the love, the longer the pain.

I would agree.

edit on Rpm102515v41201500000000 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Think I'm not serious?
a reply to: randyvs
I can tell you have passed through that kind of pain you say! Me too, Its a killing joke.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

As horrible as that kind of pain can be.
That's a good way to put it.
I hope you're doing well friend.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join