It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason time doesn’t heal.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

To be honest, I really don’t think time heals at all. Its more a question of being in the right frame of mind or state that allows healing to happen. We reach a point where we are just tired of holding on to whatever it is that bugs us, or weighs us down. Eventually (in most cases), we decide we are ready to give it a go. Maybe we visit a different country and there we realize its a good time to let go. It may be anything else but time that heals, finding oneself not surrounded by ones usual circumstances helps us brake free. Brake free of what? In my case, many times its been about holding on to a certain view that keeps me locked in a tiresome repetitive scenario. This brings on a super charged me and this can get to be very negative on till one day, boom! Somehow I shake it off. Its easy to say its a matter of time but it could be more a matter of gravity. Once I realized this, I have become quicker at healing and letting go. Also, I have found that healing is strongly related to the people you have around you, a change in your relationships can give birth, to a whole new reality. That is why we find the view of the traveller so attractive, a different mindset is set in to action. Relationships change and life becomes an adventure, we loose touch with time and we are reborn.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Ok I am with you, but why the picture of the old dude with the frozen beard?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

No matter how long he sits in the cold, his beard will not melt. It's a metaphor. .. I think.

No matter how much time this man dedicates to spirder-man, he will never have his powers. T.T
edit on 23-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Its easy to get yourself frozen in to a stance that is very limiting, unlike your man.a reply to: TechniXcality

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Are you arguing that when the bear went over the mountain to see what he could see, the other side of the mountain was not all that he could see? I'd object.

Are you saying time wounds all heels? I'd have to agree. I'm hoping it isn't all it does.

You've made me think, though. Are sayings true because they're sayings or because they're true...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I agree with the op, not completely because it takes time to be in a type of mind state to want to be able to change your environment. I only say this though because I just went through a horrible break up, I still am getting over it but the first week was seclusion and distance. After I found a job though, I kinda saw a silver lining. A different mindset doesn't just come to you after a dramatic event. It's something you work towards. But that doesn't happen unless its something you want to happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Time heals everything, isn't a scientific fact, it doesn't cure Aids and Cancer unless you consider killing the host and therefore the Cancer dies as being healed.

From my own personal experience, the death of my father when I was young, not a day goes by I don't wish he was here, 20 years. However, I certainly don't mope around in mourning and time certainly changes your perspective and life certainly goes on.

A friend of mine took his life due the death of a parent that didn't heal in 10 years, manifested into deep depression and suicide, time certainly didn't heal him.

Mental illness cannot be cured with time and unless you find a source of stress and remove it, time under stress will make you worse.

I think it's just a saying to those a little bit upset.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We bury trauma deep so we don't have to relive it. There it festers, just out of sight.

Until some situation or experience reminds us of it and we go Tilt.

Reminding us we haven't dealt with it yet, just squirreled it away.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The reason that it seems 'time doesn't heal' is because parts of the brain cannot tell the difference between a real event and an event vividly remembered...its a form of self-hypnosis that recreates the past as if it were happening now, or still...most often associated with events of a tramatic nature...

Å99

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

True. Sometimes the brain just can't process certain events.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
The reason that it seems 'time doesn't heal' is because parts of the brain cannot tell the difference between a real event and an event vividly remembered...its a form of self-hypnosis that recreates the past as if it were happening now, or still...most often associated with events of a tramatic nature...
Å99

The 'event' is remembered then re-remembered (assuming this is of a painful unhealthy sort) and becomes a loop of information then to be "dog piled' upon never to be freed from. The 'loop' is the constant remembrance and of course is reinforced every time thought of. Absolutely can recreate the past which then intrudes upon the present. One can also equate the future in this way: as you have no idea what IT entails, you live in a constant state of anxiety; the abstract possible intent (by what) or potential harm (by whom). This is why we must live in the moment or the NOW. Both past or future states of being are not relevant.
edit on 23-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I hear you and recognise your examples and have experienced some similar ones. What I am pointing at is the fact that as time passes (sure we may reach a better place) but when you boil it down we become ready. Like a tree that lets go of its fruit, we are able to release. But as humans we have the abilitiy to freeze frame an event and hold it on pause interminably.Thus, the time element is by-passed.a reply to: Forensick

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Now that is so true, love your description tilt. Brilliant and to the point. After the tilt comes the healing if you wish, or want.a reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Yes the mind is a big place with a lot of space to hide events.
a reply to: akushla99

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Now that is so true, love your description tilt. Brilliant and to the point. After the tilt comes the healing if you wish, or want.a reply to: intrptr

How does one heal those, in your opinion…?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

How does one heal those, in your opinion…?
a reply to: intrptr
Not sure what you mean by those? I will say this, the tilt creates a change of consciousness and this change or altered state can lead to a natural healing to occur. Its like as if healing or the completion of an issue is potentially always there, inside the problem or trauma. Its reaching the space and from there letting it resolve.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Yah, facing the fear and or emotional pain is a good start. Might be best handled in controlled circumstances though, not when suddenly confronted with a similar situation that can produce unexpected flashbacks.

Most people with severe trauma recoil or run to prevent seeing it.

Sometimes we aren't aware of what the original trauma is, its so deeply buried. All we get are symptoms of fear, panic and confusion.

That must be handled delicately. Survivors of horrific injury or emotional and physical abuse are sensitive, sometimes in the extreme. And thats why for some, time won't heal.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

You're rather vague. Heal? Healing from what? If you say you need healing, my question, if asked, obviously, would be...what is the injury? What happened? Different injuries require different treatments.

Mom was usually right, her advice will always hold. Something along these lines...

1. "Oh quit your crying, it's just a little scrape., no blood-no foul"
2. "Don't cry over spilled milk."
3. "Quit picking that scab, it will never get better."

Mom was always right.

Wanna heal? Quit picking the scab. Don't like the movie? Then quit hitting the "stop/rewind/replay" buttons. Deal with today, the here and now.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, facing the fear and or emotional pain is a good start. Might be best handled in controlled circumstances though, not when suddenly confronted with a similar situation that can produce unexpected flashbacks.

Most people with severe trauma recoil or run to prevent seeing it.

Sometimes we aren't aware of what the original trauma is, its so deeply buried. All we get are symptoms of fear, panic and confusion.

That must be handled delicately. Survivors of horrific injury or emotional and physical abuse are sensitive, sometimes in the extreme. And thats why for some, time won't heal.

Yes I agree with you in everything you have underlined, it almost imposible to write on this gigantic subject, without pages and pages. Thanks for your angle which is very important to the process of healing. My op was a quick glance at the subject and seeked to open people up to the idea that one can heal. It is possible!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Of course, one can heal. It's also important to understand that in life, some things do NOT heal. Sometimes, just realizing that, is a form of "healing." It's not what happens that is important, what is important is how we react to it.

I've found in talking to many depressed folks, regardless of what they may say, their actions indicate that they don't want to get better. Their lives now revolve around their misery. They can get the best advice in the world, but never truly follow it. I guess that's just how they're wired.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join