It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House approves bill gutting ObamaCare, cutting Planned Parenthood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Aazadan

Wrong my friend. The idea of the house of reps is to REPRESENT their constituency. Democracy...whether you agree with this or not ... depends on it.

And people seem to forget the Majority in the House of Representatives represents the majority of Citizens by population.

wrong, you are so wrong. how then did Obama get close to 5 MILLION more votes than Romney in 2012?....

More uneducated people vote in Presidential elections than they do for congress and senate...

While the Presidency is important, real change happens in the legislative branch. However, most voters really only focus on the Presidency as that is what gets the media attention, not the election of your local congressman.

do you mean black people?...and if not, then uneducated people voted twice for George bush. is that what your saying?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It needs 51 'yeas' and there are 54 Republicans... of course it will pass the Senate. Obama will be the obstruction.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Almost, but I think he was saying they voted for Gore, Kerry, and then Obama twice.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot

Would you rather be sitting on a fireracker that doesn't work, or an atomic bomb that does?

Who needs an atomic bomb when they can unleash Obamacare, much
better everyone lives and pays through the yahoo for insurance they cant even use.

This is a good message imo, Obamacare wont survive, it is collapsing already.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yea this is just feel good politics. Everyone and their mother knows this is getting vetoed. Heck it probably won't even get through the Senate, let alone wind up on Obama's desk.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Wrong my friend. The idea of the house of reps is to REPRESENT their constituency. Democracy...whether you agree with this or not ... depends on it.

And people seem to forget the Majority in the House of Representatives represents the majority of Citizens by population.

wrong, you are so wrong. how then did Obama get close to 5 MILLION more votes than Romney in 2012?....

More uneducated people vote in Presidential elections than they do for congress and senate...

While the Presidency is important, real change happens in the legislative branch. However, most voters really only focus on the Presidency as that is what gets the media attention, not the election of your local congressman.

do you mean black people?...and if not, then uneducated people voted twice for George bush. is that what your saying?

No. You are reaching. I'm black by the way, so please shove the racist accusations where the sun don't shine if i may politely ask.

Presidential elections tend to attract more casual voters who might not be as politically astute as voters who also participate in congressional / senate elections. Presidential elections attract your ditzy college students, hollywood types, etc whereas a lot of that demographic does not reliably vote in congressional / senate / local elections.

Even liberals acknowledge this... Obama was out crying about it not too long ago in regards to low turn out as an excuse for conservatives winning elections.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I know the next President would sign it.

Trump 2016.

Trump has advocated for PP AND for some form of Universal health care, hes actually for this system

Do you guys even research the candidates you like?

No he would absolutely NOT sign that, it goes against everything hes said repeatedly

Edit: This came of really really snarky lol that is not the way I intend it, so forgive me, hard to catch nuance on the internet

You are being overly general with Trump's words. I know exactly what he has said on both topics.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It is just not right to tax me because I was born in the usa

If a baby can communicate from the womb then they are a human.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It needs 51 'yeas' and there are 54 Republicans... of course it will pass the Senate. Obama will be the obstruction.

Interesting

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Trump 2016.

Trump has advocated for PP AND for some form of Universal health care, hes actually for this system

No he would absolutely NOT sign that, it goes against everything hes said repeatedly

Edit: This came of really really snarky lol that is not the way I intend it, so forgive me, hard to catch nuance on the internet

You are being overly general with Trump's words. I know exactly what he has said on both topics.

So do I , infact I was one of the first people on ATS to actually post about Trump and his progressive view points, and his background......

The guy will say whatever it takes to get elected, and flip flop on nearly every issue......

“There’s many different ways, by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, ‘No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private.’ But…”

“I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

When Pelley asked him to clarify who would pay for the plan, Trump replied, “The government’s gonna pay for it. But we’re going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it’s going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.”

Weird I remember Obama saying the EXACT SAME THING.......

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You're right...waste of time and energy.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I do agree that the ACA needs revamped or thrown out for universal health care. There are tons of Americans that make just enough to get completely screwed by the deductibles, fines, etc. My brother for example makes about $40,000/year. Doesn't qualify for any type of assistance and after child support, car payment, insurance, etc. he basically can't even afford to live. They basically made it legal to fine him for not being able to afford it. I'm sure millions of others fall into that same situation, due to him making a pretty average salary.

To all of you partisan keyboard politicians...you should start looking for the best solutions on both sides of the aisle instead of playing into the game the corporations want you playing.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Trump 2016.

So do I , infact I was one of the first people on ATS to actually post about Trump and his progressive view points, and his background......

The guy will say whatever it takes to get elected, and flip flop on nearly every issue......

“There’s many different ways, by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, ‘No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private.’ But…”

“I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

When Pelley asked him to clarify who would pay for the plan, Trump replied, “The government’s gonna pay for it. But we’re going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it’s going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.”

Weird I remember Obama saying the EXACT SAME THING.......

Your twisting his words. You can be against ACA but still want better healthcare for all. What many conservatives want is free market solutions for the majority while still doing something for those that cannot take care of themselves. Removing the barriers of competition, etc.

I think Trump is somewhat pragmatic. He wants solutions and therefore is open to different ideas and approaches. He is looking for results, not ideology. I know I probably won't agree with him on everything, but I think he will make decisions based on facts, experience, and common sense as opposed to trying to ram things down our throats.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So more pandering for votes, the gop is doing such a great job, that hillary might still win, ding dong the witch is gone.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Would you rather be sitting on a fireracker that doesn't work, or an atomic bomb that does?

Your analogy doesn't work for me because I don't view the government as an explosive, destructive force. When a governing body doesn't function it creates chaos whether that's a board room or congress. The fix to a broken system isn't to elect or empower people who pledge to break the system further.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I didnt twist anything, I posted exactly what he said.......

Hard to twist words coming directly out of his mouth

He is looking for results, not ideology. I know I probably won't agree with him on everything, but I think he will make decisions based on facts, experience, and common sense as opposed to trying to ram things down our throats.

Really? because his constant personal attacks on people that he feels have slighted him are "pragmatic"?

When the guy doesnt get his way or someone disagrees with him he throws a tantrum like a 5 year old......

This is a man who is use to getting his way because of his money, hes even admitted to that, he doesnt know any other way EXCEPT to shove his ideas down someones throat......

And if that doesnt work, insult them on a personal level, and do attack campaigns against them likea school yard fight

yeah , not a president for me thanks....

Ill stick with Paul
edit on 10/23/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The projections are that the vote won't fall along party lines. There are a few Republicans who don't want to vote for it.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
I could care less about the planned parenthood portion. But God I hope it passes. Obama Care is awful.

The stupid government wants me to pay like a $2,000 fine for not having health insurance. Something I don't need nor want. I don't have $2000 to pay the fine. Guess the government wants me to lose my house.

Oh yeah... I COULD pay like $400 a month for ObamaCare, and have a $6000 deductible I'll never meet. Yeah, pay $400 a month for something I can't even use.

Honestly, #### you Obama

It is higher with dependents.

We used to have cheap "critical care" insurance with high deductibles like that. Why pay for nothing, no coverage at all unless you go over 6K or more? It is insanity.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I can't believe we have reduced our country to this state. I will sit back and wait for all you millenials to get your way..and laugh when there is nobody left to farm build houses or plumb a bathroom. Nature will teach all of you a dear lesson in reality soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Wasn't this supposed to go through the house yesterday? Either way it's an example of what lawmakers shouldn't be doing. Passing bills that have no chance at getting through Congress much less the Presidents desk is a waste of everyones time. They should be trying to find something a majority can agree to.

Then again, I like having a functional rather than symbolic government.

Our government has been a symbolic government for decades. They haven't done anything beneficial for the people they represent, they only do for the benefit of themselves.

While this is an election gesture only, it is fun to watch.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join