It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$750-per-pill AIDS drug now has $1 competition!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Pharmaceutical company offers alternative to price-hiked medication offered by controversial entrepreneur

* San Diego-based Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a compound drug maker
* They have manufactured a drug with the same active ingredients in Daraprim, pyrimethamine and leucovorin
* The price of Daraprim was risen 5000 percent by Turing Pharmaceuticals
* Imprimis will sell a 100-capsule bottle for $99
* Daraprim treats a rare parasitic infection called toxoplasmosis that mainly strikes pregnant women, cancer patients and AIDS patients
* The New York Attorney General is investigating Turing Pharmaceuticals because the company might be 'unlawfully' restraining competition
* Turing is reportedly distributing Daraprim only through a limited number of specialty pharmacies to stop manufactures making generic versions

Stepping into the furor over eye-popping price spikes for old generic medicines, a maker of compounded drugs will begin selling $1 doses of Daraprim, whose price recently was jacked up to $750 per pill by Turing Pharmaceuticals.

San Diego-based Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Inc., which mixes approved drug ingredients to fill individual patient prescriptions, said Thursday it will supply capsules containing Daraprim's active ingredients, pyrimethamine and leucovorin, for $99 for a 100-capsule bottle - or $1 per capsule.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk... l

Firstly, bit of rant - I hope that little @ss%&^ looses tons of money, gets in jail and require expensive drugs to stay alive...

Now, to the topic - apprantly 3.5 year old pharma will make inexpensive life saving drug that has exactly the same ingredients like the one that went from $13.50 to $750 overnight.They plan to make inexpnesive versions of other generic drugs who #s like one we all saw in last few months made to skyrocket.

Another important note is also how bad is our copyright law that due to money in politics changed copyright owner rights from original 14 years to century now, so that Disney can have Mickey and rest of cartoons...* I think this shows how corruptive our government really is and how money influences our lives in the end...

* - How Mickey Mouse Keeps Changing Copyright Law
edit on 23-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Oct 23 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is awesome.

Must suck to be a shareholder though, Mr. Greed will take away their dividends and still laugh his way to the bank. I would have sold my stock in this company out of principle so I don't have much pity for the shareholders even though I suspect not all of them are greedy, blood-suckers like the CEO aka Mr. Greed who jacked up the price originally.

Martin Shkreli is probably forming a law-team to counter this somehow.

ETA:

I called his cell-phone when his info was leaked, vm was full though lol.
edit on 23-10-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

whats his number?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt

whats his number?

He doesn't have one, it would have gone to one of his lackeys, but rest assured it'll be disconnected by now.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting read

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Outstanding news!

I hope that little hedge fund POS looses his @ss on this one.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog
pure gum turpentine (only get it in a glass bottle) treats parasites as does 35% hydrogen peroxide 5 drops in distilled water say 8 ounces
white vinegar inhibits the protein in the HIV so that it cant replicate.

edit on 23-10-2015 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt

whats his number?

His info was leaked on ats that is where I came across it. Allegedly it originally came from anonymous.

When I called it was him saying his name and to leave a message. I'll try and find the thread if it isn't deleted.

edit on 24-10-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The CEO who thought is was a "Good idea" to raise the price of this drug to $750 will probably be overseeing the downfall of his company before too long.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This guy deserves it. I'm all for protecting the rights of companies that are producing new drugs so that they can stay in business, but that's not what happened here. The drug had already made it's money back and the original developers of it had moved on. Someone else simply purchased the drug and hiked the price. This company deserves to go out of business. You can't treat people like that without consequences.

new topics

top topics

join