It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do members of Isis fear death .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
A lot has been said about how members of Isis embrace the fact that if they die in combat they will go to paradise . Sure you have the suicide bombers and you cant discount their conviction no matter how misguided it is . But . Are the majority of the fighters so convinced about paradise . hmm , i will throw this out there . Obviously there are no testimonies from suicide bombers . Or those killed fighting for their cause for that matter .
www.psychalive.org...

A suicidal person clearly wants to die.
This is just not true. Suicidal people are ambivalent. Part of them wants to die but part of them wants to live. All 29 people who have survived a suicide attempt jumping off San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge have said they regretted their decision as soon as they jumped.

So out of 29 survivors 29 regretted it the instant they jumped .
Google Isis running away , lots of footage of them running in the wrong direction . Sure regroup and attack again makes sense to me but when they have their chance at paradise , well draw your own conclusions .
Then you have this Australian Isis recruiter .

A text conversation obtained by the Herald Sun revealed senior ISIL members ordered Prakash to stop using social media due to the security risks.
One of Prakash’s final tweets before going silent was a claim he did not fear death, calling for the US to send a “paradise missile” his way.
It is believed Prakash is on a US kill list.

www.9news.com.au...
Welcome a paradise missile , then turn your phone on . Oh wait it might come true .

These people and i use that term lightly are just as afraid of death as the next person . You want to see dying for a cause , look up the soldiers of the first world war , the second world war , no paradise for these poor men . Sure they may have had god on their side but im pretty sure god was the last person they were counting on . When faced with death even the most brave of men has second thoughts .

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
1) you would have to ask them I suppose. Their actions don't lend credence to the notion they don't fear death. Then again it's hard to be part of a caliphate if you're dead.

2) I would disagree that "even the bravest of men" have second thoughts when faced with death. Strongly disagree.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

2) I would disagree that "even the bravest of men" have second thoughts when faced with death. Strongly disagree.

I see where you are going with that and to a degree i agree , certainly we cant ask those that are dead , just going on the suicide survivors . 29 does a case not make but i could not find any other statistics . It was the closest i could get to real people committed to death .

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I don't know.
Let's put a gun to the head of those baby killing sons of bitches and find out.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I disagree.

The suicide stats refer to people who are suicidal, therefore mentally ill, depressed, psychotic.

Members of Daesh are brainwashed therefore the stat does not relate - I would say it is fairly easy to brainwash someone to not be afraid of death.

In fact - we in the west have been brainwashed to fear death when I don't think there's anything to fear!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Then why do they run when faced with paradise . Second thoughts .

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Those in the West are sort of brainwashed into doing things that can kill you or contribute to you dying suddenly that they do all the time. Things like smoking, drinking, drugs, driving a car every single day, etc.

It's not the same thing as willingly knowingly going to your death on a certain date or time.

If you remember the investigation from 9/11, it was said that the hijackers panicked several times and had to psyche each other out to carry the mission through, and one guy didn't even show up, I think.
edit on 10/23/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I don't think you can draw the conclusion that they are scared of death from videos of them running away.

A person may be looking forward to death but cannot suppress the flight or fight reaction. I would also suggest that not all statements can be blanket - so the scared Daesh members we watch are not ALL members, just the portion of members who are afraid of dying.

Or afraid of painful injuries! (Ergo not death).

But I think the main point is what you mention in the OP - tactics/strategy- the holy war cannot be won when all soldiers are dead. So the aim is to keep safe and die a martyr.

My honest opinion is that brainwashing someone to not fear death is easy.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
To be honest, I don't care if they do or do not. So long as they do, indeed, die.

I don't want people like that living on this planet. They contribute nothing positive and only hinder the rest of the species.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The should because once they reach there final destination I don't imagine Allah will be very impressed by there interpretation of his wishes.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I don't think you can draw the conclusion that they are scared of death from videos of them running away.

A person may be looking forward to death but cannot suppress the flight or fight reaction. I would also suggest that not all statements can be blanket - so the scared Daesh members we watch are not ALL members, just the portion of members who are afraid of dying.

Or afraid of painful injuries! (Ergo not death).

But I think the main point is what you mention in the OP - tactics/strategy- the holy war cannot be won when all soldiers are dead. So the aim is to keep safe and die a martyr.

Exactly. They're not stupid, if they die in battle good for them they think, if they live to fight another day good for them they think. The suicide guys are a small, extremely radicalized (dare i say the most mentally ill of the bunch) group of certain people that the radical clerics and so forth groom just like everyone else, but get a different response, so they probe deeper and set them aside with special 'brainwash' training.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Shamrock6

I see where you are going with that and to a degree i agree , certainly we cant ask those that are dead , just going on the suicide survivors . 29 does a case not make but i could not find any other statistics . It was the closest i could get to real people committed to death .

I think there's a difference between being committed to death and committed to something else. Radicalized jihadists aren't committed to death, but rather to killing infidels and achieving paradise. Death is a consequence of that.

There are myriad examples of men acting in the face of death with little or no hesitation. Look at any of the living Medal of Honor recipients. They faced nearly certain death and acted anyway. And many of them have said that the idea of dying didn't enter their mind, but the idea that people they couldn't let down needed help did and they acted on it. Hell, look at the dead MoH recipients. Jason Dunham didn't have time to think "if I jump on this grenade I might die." He just reacted to the situation.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I don't know.
Let's put a gun to the head of those baby killing sons of bitches and find out.

Bullet dipped in pig blood. A woman on her period with finger on the trigger.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

In reply to your post i looked this up as i had heard it before , admittedly from snopes . Sorry cant seem to link .

Once in US history an episode of Islamic terrorism was very quickly stopped. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Islamic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The US soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs.

All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Iam pretty sure this story is not true but an interesting idea non the less .

new topics

top topics

join