It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone ATS app redirecting to App Store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light onto why my ATS app on my iPhone has suddenly started redirecting me to the app store every time I open it up. It's normally to William Hill betting app or a kiddies game.

I've had the ATS app on my phone for well over a year and this has never happened. Just from a couple of hours ago.

When it kept on happening, I tried getting onto ATS via safari, which also did the same each time I tried. I've took a couple of screen shots of the address bar each time it's done it.

It's driving me mad, and I can't get on ATS on my phone at all. Now on the PC to see if anyone can give any advice before I go to bed.

Very much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I am having a similar issue but it sends me to weird links, started last week for me.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

How strange. I've never had a problem, and all my other apps are opening fine, with no redirect. I've tried clearing my history and cookies, turning off _javascript and resetting the phone, but still happening.

Can't read ATS is bed now.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wait...wait....ATS has an app?!?!?!?!!?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That was my thought. I've always thought the forum would be too difficult to integrate into an app. Maybe it's an old experiment?

Have you tried uninstalling and just using your mobile browser?

I have no issues browsing on mobile. I'm on it right now, using Chrome on an Android device though.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Didn't know ATS had an app either ... Anyway I used iPhone for ATS but I always use the safari web browser and I've never had a problem. Have you tried using safari to go on ATS?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Completely misread you post there Miss Beck I see you've tried using the safari browser. Strange I've never had any problems .. ATS was running a little slow for me the other day but all seems well for me at the minute. Perhaps if it keeps takin you to William hill maybe you should put a bet on .. Could be a sign lol.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
When did ATS get an app? I just go to ATS in Safari on my iPad, phone is an android but it pulls up there too.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If there is an app it doesn't show in the store search under ATS or Above Top Secret. I think if SO put the effort and expense into an app we wouldn't be able to avoid the announcement as the request has been made by many.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

ATS has an app?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Perhaps if it keeps takin you to William hill maybe you should put a bet on .. Could be a sign lol.

That made me giggle. I tried again just now, and it was Ladbrokes!
Definitely a sign! LOL

But you are all right. I just looked in the app store, and there is no app for ATS, so how on earth have I got one?

It's definitely an app and not running in my browser. I had it on my iPad as well. I would have downloaded it when I joined back in 2013.

Anyway, it's still happening in both the app, and the browser.

Bugger.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well if you put a bet on and it comes through .. Think you should split the winnings

Hmm still happening ? Weird sorry I can't help I use safari to browse ATS on my iPhone and I've not had any problems. Giving your thread a bump hoping someone can help

edit on 23-10-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

There are forums that have apps. It basically streamlines the interface and makes it easier to navigate on small screens. One benefit to an app is that it can send push notifications -- for example if someone replies to you, you'll get a notification.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Are you sure it is not the "OLD" ATS LIVE AP?

That was an AP Nef developed to take one straight to the ATS Live Shows

Now that the shows are no longer airing, it would automatically take one back to the store I would imagine.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Well if you put a bet on and it comes through .. Think you should split the winnings

Hmm still happening ? Weird sorry I can't help I use safari to browse ATS on my iPhone and I've not had any problems. Giving your thread a bump hoping someone can help

I'm not a betting type of girl, but if I was, you'd get a cut.

Yeah, still happening. Been checking all day. Bloody annoying seeing I've used the app daily, for nearly 2 years, and had not one problem. Got to change my bedtime reading habits now, and just use the PC for ATS

Thanks for the kind thought of bumping the thread though.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
Are you sure it is not the "OLD" ATS LIVE AP?

That was an AP Nef developed to take one straight to the ATS Live Shows

Now that the shows are no longer airing, it would automatically take one back to the store I would imagine.

You know semper, I just downloaded it when I joined ATS for both iphone and iPad. I've never watched a Live show, so don't know what version it is. I certainly never got it for live show viewings.

Maybe I'm getting confused, and it's not an app, but it's definitely not running in my safari browser. It's independant of that.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

This is what I've recently found regarding an ats app. Currently on a 5.1 android lollipop. Searched "above top secret app" an app popped up. Doesnt require any permissions to your phone. It's $0.99, has 5 downloads, one review and it's for 1star with no comment. I pulled out my credit card and almost immediately purchased until i saw the "5" downloads. Last update was September 25 2015. I looked at the available preview pictures and it seems fairly legit.

If this is real i would definitely buy it in a heartbeat. If anyone is beaver than I to go test it that would be awesome.

Or if the mods could shed some light here that would be even better.

Cheers guys.

edit on 05/24/09 by I_EAT because: minor details

edit on 10/29/2015 by I_EAT because: post date was wrong, sorry guys.

new topics

top topics

join