It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe, Our history is not what we think!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Of course he does. So do you. We don't have many options, do we, it's not like we have unlimited lifespans, unlimited brain capacity and unlimited options to travel so we can do all the research ourselves. Nope, we are born, and from day one we are being told things. Some can be verified by personal observation (a cup, when dropped, will probably break into pieces). Some can't, so it's all a matter of indoctrination: whom do you believe? Man, some folks believe their priests even against personal experience, and the priests might be scientists or ordinary wafflers like Malchizedek.

Nobody has an option other than to decide which liars he trusts most.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: Xtrozero

In other words, you believe everything you have been told.

Is this your attempt to call me a sheeple...hehe? No I don't but I do see the fallacies with this video. I have read a great many works including Velikovsky and Sitchin and though I found both very interesting at first they both went the direction of wild ass speculation to fill in anything they needed to fill in, not very convincing in the end.

edit on 25-10-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

wild ass speculation to fill in anything they needed to fill in.

Not that I am defending any viewpoint... but isn't that exactly what contemporary mainstream science does?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Not that I am defending any viewpoint... but isn't that exactly what contemporary mainstream science does?

No not really. I love the line from tropic thunder..."never go full retard" These guys seem to just to make it up as they go along. It would be like the difference between saying there is alien life out there and there is an alien living under my bed....

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation. Scientific theories are testable and make falsifiable predictions. They describe the causal elements responsible for a particular natural phenomenon, and are used to explain and predict aspects of the physical universe or specific areas of inquiry

I do not see this with their work

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join