It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is unconditional love a thing to strive for?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

originally posted by: namelesss

unconditional love is impossible

Nonsense!
All who have the experience will affirm!
That you do not, is not uncommon, at this time, but lack of experience/Knowledge and ignorant opinions are bed-mates!

because unconditional means not subject to ANY conditions

Glad you cleared that up! *__-

which would be be a definitive/ perfect form of love. perfection in life does not exist.

And where do you get the Perfection to be able to discern/judge 'Perfection'?
Your vain and judgmental, insanely dualistic, imagination/ego?

"Every kind of partial and transitory disequilibrium must perforce contribute towards the great equilibrium of the whole.." - Rene' Guenon

there is only a spectrum between good and evil and balance is the only way to achieve the most favorable outcome between the two extremes.

Bypassing, for the moment that all religions consider such 'judgment' a sin; ALL 'good', and ALL 'evil', exist in the vain judgmental eye (thoughts/imagination, ego) of the beholder!

"We do not see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"

so here you are calling me judgmental and vain and yet you are doing the very same thing.

Not at all, I'm merely offering a definition and observation.
Your emotional defensive/aggressive response tells me that ego is responding to Truth!

thats to be expected as you are human. and imperfect. as i have stated there is no such thing as perfection despite whatever experience you have had or what you choose to believe...

That you 'declare it' doesn't make it so.
As I can easily declare the other with = validity.
And more! *__-
That you ad-hom me carries no water, either.

you will always have to come back down to reality as a human being and exist as the human that you currently are. there is really no way around it. you are going to have to interact with others unless you truly isolate yourself in which case you will be miserable and since humans are social by nature...

I do not think that I ever met the concept of me in your imagination to whom you seem to be responding.
What I say is perfectly valid, because the Universe is Perfection, by very definition, and I am a feature of this Perfection, and One with it.
That your life and reality is a miserable and limited as you imagine, remains YOUR imagination, where all 'limitations' exist!
And that is just Perfect by me! *__-

you are no more special or perfect then the cat down the road.

Finally, you stumble upon Truth, in your thrashings, and haven't a clue!
And THAT, too, is a feature of Perfection!
That is so very true that I Am "no more special or perfect then the cat down the road"!
And 'no less'! *__-

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The secret to enlightenment is universal unconditional love and compassion, just like Jesus, Buddha, etc. said. It's not difficult. Anyone can do it as easy as making the decision to do so. With this love a fire is lit within that burns like the sun. This is the first and most important step on the path to enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

what am immensely emotional/judgmental post on your part as well dear. again you seem to believe that you are somehow so enlightened to the point where you are able to "observe/offer a definition" of how others are behaving rather then judging them? right. ok.
i would say i dont have to sit here and brag or try to prove to others that i am some sort of enlightened being. usually those that are "at one with it" as you put it do not have to even profess it.

personally i realize i am posting on an online forum sharing my opinion with others who are sharing their opinions on various matters including yourself.
i sincerely hope you consider my thoughts and are able to come off of your high horse at some point soon. namaste

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The answer is easy, of course unconditional love is desirable.
You can agree or disagree about someones actions, you can assess actions according to the law and apply the necessary penalties, because society needs rules and order.
BUT... People should be loved unconditionally.
One must separate actions from the person.
You know why?
Because no one is to blame for anything, people don't choose to be how they are, they just are, and they act according to that, there is room for guilt or blame because its not peoples fault.
Lets suppose you are playing the sims video game, you create a sim, it will be nervous, impulsive and aggressive, and then he starts acting harshly according to your programming and then you say, you naughty boy, you are bad and you must be punished.
This is unreal!!
Dont blame him, he is also a victim, he deserves to be loved.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

what am immensely emotional/judgmental post on your part as well dear. again you seem to believe that you are somehow so enlightened to the point where you are able to "observe/offer a definition" of how others are behaving rather then judging them? right. ok.

THAT emotional passive/aggressive response is what results from an accurate observation that conflicts with ego!
And you do not refute my observation/definition.
Calling me names is not a refutation, no matter how emotional!

i would say i dont have to sit here and brag or try to prove to others that i am some sort of enlightened being. usually those that are "at one with it" as you put it do not have to even profess it.

Again, you are whining and blowing wind. Are creating strawmen and expecting me to respond.
Sorry, buty you have not said anything that yet merits response.
I have made no claims to defend. You seem to be making them for me.

personally i realize i am posting on an online forum sharing my opinion with others who are sharing their opinions on various matters including yourself.
i sincerely hope you consider my thoughts and are able to come off of your high horse at some point soon. namaste

Or, perhaps you will descend from defending your ego to the extent that we can have an intelligent discussion, rather than this emo response of yours.
But I doubt that is going to happen.
So...
I'll keep my pearls and move on...

Even your 'Namaste' reeks of your acceptance of Perfection!
Whatever...
edit on 21-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join