It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church thanks God for tsunami deaths of gay people!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This site just confirms for me that Christians are not human beings anymore.

I am all for free speech. Speech, no matter how vile or unpopular, or hateful, should never be supressed, only hateful actions that do physical harm. I also have freedom of speech that I can verbally spout back to them the hatred they like to dish out.

So, Dr. Horacid, free speech works both ways. Anyone attending that church who agrees with this and cheers for the deaths of thousands of people because they do not conform to fundementalist right and wrong is little more than a worthless bigoted turd who deserves suffering. Thats my opinion.

When a tornado hits and strikes down this useless town of inbred trash, then I shall cheer and thank the Earth Mother for wiping out a couple thousand evolutionary jokes.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
What gives you the right to judge there people for their beliefs?

Whoa, irony meter just short circuited. Don't give it such a charge next time.

As I remind you the only place on this planet GOD has turned into glass was Sodom and Gohmora.

Neither was ever demonstrated to have existed. And its untrue, since god had his hebrews wipe out entire tribes.

What happened to "tolerance"?

Listen, I already told you that the irony meter was short circuited, are you trying to break it now? Give its wires some time to cool down before you blast it like that.

Homosexuality is an abomonation

So is eating shellfish, its condemed as an abomindation, right along side homosexuality in the bible. Are these baptists happy that shellfish and shrimp eaters died in the thousands?

.........Truth does not equal HATE.

Being happy about thousands of people dying merely because of their nationality is close enough to hate.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
And why isn't this church equally happy that so many non christians died in this horror? Man, what a bunch of pigs. Stupid, ignorant, ugly little pigs. I hope all baptists aren't like this. Seems like everytime you run into one on this forum or some others that they allways end up being complete morons. Hopefully this will get some news coverage and people around the country will see this disgusting kind of thinking and start to resist it.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
Be Christlike.

Turn the other cheek when attacked with such hatred like this.

These people are not Christlike. They know nothing of him. Have comfort that those people will have to stand before God and account for their hatred.

Finally a voice that isn't filled with bitterness and hatred and reminds us of what Christianity should be.

Well put, Jupiter!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
When God finally destroys the Wicked Men and Evil Rulers of this World, I will certainly rejoice, for they are the cause of the suffering we see in all the world and I will be glad that at last, they are gone.

So in your closing comments you believe God will decend from the heavens to destroy wicked men and homosexuals? or provide a cure to men/women of homosexuality?

If i had to choose a religious view, i would have to agree with that one of the Roman Catholic church, men and women with homosexual tendencies 'must be accepted with respect, compassion and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided Which we all know by now to be the complete opposite views of WBC.

I believe we're a planet religiously divided across the globe. A planet that could one day suffer to great lengths if we continue to forcefully impose personal beliefs, faith and teachings upon others who could be considered less divine. Did you know Buddhists conclude that sexual misconduct would include adultery, child molestation, incest, rape, sexual abuse in any form, and sexual harassment. Although the consenting sexual activity by a committed party is not misconduct (whether engaged in by a heterosexual or homosexual couple).

So in closing, all relationships, either gay, lesbian or straight should be considered personal matters of mutual consent. If a relationship promotes the happiness and well-being of both parties, then it is positive and acceptable on earth.

On a side note: To my good friend, I pray that you have promoted true happiness and well-being in your quest through life. No thunderbolts from the heavens above permitting.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
DrHoracid raises a good point, if in a rather counter-productive manner.

Personally, I'm cool with almost everyone. My friends range the gamut of religions, wealth, and sexual preferences. As long as they don't mess with me personally, or those whom I love, I'm cool with just about whatever someone wants to think.

True Tolerance does not equal "Accepting Everyone". It means "Accepting the fact that we all have different views." If someone wants to hate people who fall under category X, that is their perogative. In America, it's even their right, and they can publish books, web pages, have television shows, or whatever they wish, espouting how horrible things in the afterlife will befall these people, and how their actions will bring about the downfall of society.

And you know what? I'm cool with that too.

As long as people do not cross the line into incitement, and as long as you live in a society where people have the Freedom of Speech, you have to accept that not everyone is going to get along, because they are not forced to. I could say "Minority Z is filthy, stinky, and steals all the chickens!" all day long, and not cross the line. But if I say "Let us rise up and slaughter Minority Z and destroy their property!" then I have crossed the line.

People must learn to live with Hate, Ignorance, and Fear, if they wish to live in a population greater than 1, because it will always be there. We are all predators, at the top of the food chain (second only to worms), and xenophobic by nature. It is only natural that some of us won't get along with the others of us.

Through personal reflection, education, and experience we are personally able to rise above these things. That is its own reward, but it's not for everyone. Some people simply want to be left with their hatred. It's okay for someone else to have a different opinion, as long as it does not cross the line to incitement.

Now, that said, I can take immense satisfaction in knowing these so-called Christians have less knowledge of the Bible than a five-year old. Because when I was five, and a Christian, I learned that God promised, with a rainbow, that he would never flood the Earth again. So that flood didn't come from the gentile's God, it came purely from natural forces. If they took the time to read the very book they espouse so vehemently, they'd know that. But that's the joy of Free Speech; any ignorant f@#$er can say any damned-fool thing they want.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You're exactly right Libra. That's also why I do not have to keep my mouth shut about these people for I have the same freedom of speech. I didn't even think about the no flood ever again thing....good point.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I know for a certainty that they will wind up in the LAKE if they continue to live this lifestlye, and tell them they need to repent ?

if you don't believe in this lake of fire, you have nothing to fear. Nothing bugs me more than someone telling me how to think or what to fear. I'll never forget the cross bearing crowd on Bourbon Street telling us we were going to hell for our sins. You should never, ever tell someone on three hits of acid that they are going to burn in hell for their sins. IT's a real downer and can, quite easily, spoil the trip.

It is interesting to note that many of the females that were there preaching about our sins were the first to get naked when we convinced them to leave their "flock" and see what the sinning is all about.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

And why isn't this church equally happy that so many non christians died in this horror? Man, what a bunch of pigs. Stupid, ignorant, ugly little pigs. I hope all baptists aren't like this. Seems like everytime you run into one on this forum or some others that they allways end up being complete morons.

Watch those blanket insults....

remember, that could result in a Warn these days...

Let's keep it fairly nice all...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is of epic sadness. I knew some God blaming would result, seems to be the first thing to happen. Put down the blame for just a moment please and pray for the people there who have lost family. Picture someone in your family, now picture them disappearing. Newsflash to those who didn't know: There were Christians over there doing missionary work and/or traveling too. I'm still waiting to hear about a friend's parents who are in Malaysia and haven't heard from them since the catastrophe. I leave you with one thought: 155,000 people. People like you.

Pray, train, study.
God Bless.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
All this "acceptance" stuff is bs if you ask me... should we all accept and welcome pedophiles and rapists? Homosexuals are people who are mentally ill, i wouldnt go round hurting them (ill leave that for whoevers upstairs) but i cant *expletive removed* stand all these gays on TV and everywhere in the last few years, its like were all being gaywashed

Mod Edit: Try to keep the vulgarity out of it. Thanks - Alien

[edit on 3-1-2005 by alien]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Legislating morality doesn't work because Life 1 is not the same as Life 2 or Life 3 or Life N.

Intentionality is not the same: Some people want to do good; some don't care and some want to do harm.

When the behavior of someone else--ANYBODY ELSE--impinges on me and causes me to obtain problems I didn't ask for, I go into problem-solving mode.

If the person doesn't listen, I take a mutual friend and go back and deal with it again.

If the person still doesn't listen, I go to the organization where we have common alliances, and I bring up the problem there.

If the person still doesn't listen, and the organization doesn't care, I quit the organization; and if the neighborhood doesn't care, I move.

If the behavior poses a threat or a danger to myself or to another, I ask for the constable's help to solve the problem, right up front. He's a cool guy and he knows local law, and he knows how to nip trouble in the bud.

And that's how I deal with whatever--including the gal upstairs who blares her radio at 3 in the morning or lets her dog poop on my lawn.

However, her consenting behavior has nothing to do with me or my life. And that's how I see it.

If my representatives in Congress, the Judiciary or top leadership positions are flaunting their sexuality in my face, it say that. I don't help them cover up their personal mischief.

Are these reasonable ethics in this day and age, or what?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks for putting things into perspective Saint. I pray for your friends family and all who have lost and are still looking.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Another reason why your losing followers. Who wants to belong to this crap? Makes me more ill everyday considering they do something foolish everyday.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
DrHoracid raises a good point, if in a rather counter-productive manner.

Personally, I'm cool with almost everyone. My friends range the gamut of religions, wealth, and sexual preferences. As long as they don't mess with me personally, or those whom I love, I'm cool with just about whatever someone wants to think.

True Tolerance does not equal "Accepting Everyone". It means "Accepting the fact that we all have different views." If someone wants to hate people who fall under category X, that is their perogative.

And just as it is the choice of the foul hateful beasts to loathe people that are different, its up to the freedom of the rest of the people to make it clear that they are digsusted by such inhumanity.

And you know what? I'm cool with that too.

Cool with their right to be pigs, or in agreement with their piggishness? From the reasonable tone of your post, i suspect that you are a personal capable of being, well, reasonable. And I conclude from that that you disagree with their repugnant behaviour, but respect their right to do so.

As long as people do not cross the line into incitement,

Only direct calls for immediate violence can be restricted. These people are obviously setting the stage for more violence, providing cover for the 'lone wolves' of the radical fundamentalists (in the US and their counterparts too). In that way, they are very much responsible for the violence (outside of this natural disaster). They'll hide behind it being an act of god, but others amoung them, or sympathetic to them, will make themselves the instrument of that wrathful avenging god. Unfortunately, there is no sensible way to make them legally culpable, and they have to be tolerated. Notice, tolerated. They are whining now because they have been called what they are, brutes, savages. There is no restriction on the civilized portion of society to not speak out against them.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
All this "acceptance" stuff is bs if you ask me... should we all accept and welcome pedophiles and rapists?

Moron. gays are not commiting a crime and are doing somethign with the consent of the other person.

Homosexuals are people who are mentally ill,

You are a psychiatrist or psychologist? Why should anyone beleive your idiotic assertion?

Mod Edit: Lets not go there. Thanks - Alien

[edit on 3-1-2005 by alien]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by P AmaruHomosexuals are people who are mentally ill, i wouldnt go round hurting them

come to NYC. I bet in a matter of 10 minutes I can find 10 homosexuals who can outwit and outsmart you. In the time it takes for you to realize that you are not as smart as them I will find 50 more that could kick your butt.

I have many friends and clients that are gay. you'd never know it unless they told you. some are smart, some aren't. some are tall, some are short. The only difference between you and them is that they have evolved more and are tolerant of people like you.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Amazing what you can do with a photo editor and some hate. If you notice the Zip code Topeka KS 666

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
synch, that group is real. phelps is a well known hate mongering nuctcase.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

As a Christian, I am not happy to see anyone die, especially if they died in their sins, never accepting Jesus as their Savior....

When God finally destroys the Wicked Men and Evil Rulers of this World, I will certainly rejoice, for they are the cause of the suffering we see in all the world and I will be glad that at last, they are gone.

Confession is when for you, Saturday? Please recall this latest hypocritical stance. Why are you so intolerant and un-Christianlike, I can feel your hatred, anger, bitterness and loneliness through my monitor whenever I read your words.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join