It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church thanks God for tsunami deaths of gay people!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
syntaxer says:

�This is coming from Westboro Baptist Church leaders in Kansas! The same individuals who played a pivotal role in re-electing our president based on morals�

Syntaxer, here is what Phelps has said about Bush, all taken from his website.

�January 22, 2001 Beware! Dubya Bush, the stealth-gay President! Don't anybody think the Millennium has come because George W. Bush is President. On the surface it's a lot better than Pervert-in-Chief Clinton. But there are troublesome signs to "those who by reason of use have their senses exercised ...�

www.godhatesfags.com... where Phelps says ��the world class hypocrite and traitor Bush Jr. appointed a famous D.C fag�.�

There are at least five more examples on the site which excoriate Dubya.

Now I realize that accuracy and integrity are not necessarily considered good things by many of the people on this forum, especially those who have a political or emotional axe to grind.

Nonetheless, your attempt to tie a despicable snake like Phelps to anyone you don�t like -- whether or not it�s the president or the guy next door -- tells me you are either incompetent as a researcher, or dishonest in your reporting.

You certainly have lost your credibility with me -- and probably with anyone who actually read the websites you cite.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
WOW Off the Street, way to go! You are a master of putting people down, dont worry too much syntax, it's not like any of us really care if we are respected in the eyes of off the street...

Anyways...your thread isn't really that interesting and for all the people that cry 'sickening sickening' they are just not right in the head because they know people like that exist....most Americans have mental problems....that's just the way you are I guess

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Alternateheaven says:

"Shame we have to allow that kind of free speech, but at least we have the right to drag scum who support that crap out back behind a supermarket and introduce them to size 12 Doc Martins."

Alternate, I do not know where you live, but in my country, the United States of America, even a gonococcus like Phelps has the right to say that kind of filth without a bunch of punk wannabees kicking him with Doc Martens.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The so called lack of "Tolerance" is thrown in the fact of anyone who may have different views of those who "preach" tolerance". If you really had "tolerance" it would include all ideas and opinions regardless of your own point of view. I see little "tolerance" in the PC world. Its "think and say as I think and say" or be silent. These people have a belief system different that yours. Can you truely say it is wrong?

Horacid Babe!!! I think you are misunderstanding my point. I didn't not say or express in any of my posts it was illegal for these people to express their opinion or even feel that way. That would be intolerance.

everyone has a right to their particular prejudices. We all have them, whether we care to admit it or not.

They have a right to free speech to spew their proganda and my right to free speech allows me to criticize them for it. That has nothing to do with tolerance or intolerance.

But DrHoracid, I must admit, you are right. I am intolerant to people who have no tolerance to others.

Death of any living creature is sad. The celebration of that death is wrong. There are many in america who secretly feel the same as these lost souls because of the "gay" agenda in the media and in hollywood. However, the bible does say "kill the homosexuals".

PS...I am glade you finally see your own hypocracy there "world-babe".

[edit on 3-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
OOPS says:

"WOW Off the Street, way to go! You are a master of putting people down..."

Thank you, OOPS. I think part of it stems from actually having something to say about a person's posts, coupled with the vocabulary of a high-school graduate, the ability to put a reasonably structured and coherent sentence together, knowing when to break for paragraphs, and using a spell-check.

Send me a U2U sometimes; I'm always willing to help a fellow poster on the forum.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Hate to say it but they already are in power, look at the president, and the general feeling of malcontent towards homosexuals this election.

Predjudice Bush.. doesn't he think god talks to him?
I'm still hoping someone draggs him out of office..

]Originally posted by DrHoracid
So how is this different that Islamo-terrorist? The Koran teaches the same thing. Only it is to any non-believer. Do you fear them?

Sh- yes. There is no difference. Bush and Osama want to play a game of chess.. it seems they WANT to bring about an apocolipse/judgement day and both want to be 'god's favourite' .. the rest of us get sit in the cross fire and hope for the best..

[edit on 3-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Alternateheaven says:
Alternate, I do not know where you live, but in my country, the United States of America, even a gonococcus like Phelps has the right to say that kind of filth without a bunch of punk wannabees kicking him with Doc Martens.

But its fine and dandy when some homophobe fuled buy crap like Phelps beats a man half to death and leaves him tied to a fence for his final hours of life? I have friends who would become targets if Phelps had his way, so to say the things he does is to directly affect me. I would gladly plead guilty to assault charges after a go-round with him, wouldnt bother me in the least.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
People this so funny, we are here debating about the evils of man, and the truth is that is all in our human nature to love, hate and preach.

I think the church that did thanks to God for the death, will reap what it sow my God is better than their God.

So I will send my God to step over their God.

Get it people this how low we have become in the name of the Lord, after all we will do great and horrible things in Its name.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
this is hilarious to me

if they really think that nazi stuff oh well thats there RIGHT

and its your right to bash them for celebrating the death of someone else

and its my right to bash you for being a hypocrit lol

you come off with a "everyone deserves a chance" attitude but you dont give those nazis a chance do you??
to me your just as mean as the nazis

you think you have double the right to scoff at nazis but you dont

would you celebrate hitlars death if you lived in Poland in 1944????

yup just as i thought ; the nazi bashers are as fanatical as the nazis themselves

my opinion - there is no good or bad, just the guy who shot the other guy and the one who is dead

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
syntaxer says:

�This is coming from Westboro Baptist Church leaders in Kansas! The same individuals who played a pivotal role in re-electing our president based on morals�

Syntaxer, here is what Phelps has said about Bush, all taken from his website.

�January 22, 2001 Beware! Dubya Bush, the stealth-gay President! Don't anybody think the Millennium has come because George W. Bush is President. On the surface it's a lot better than Pervert-in-Chief Clinton. But there are troublesome signs to "those who by reason of use have their senses exercised ...�

www.godhatesfags.com... where Phelps says ��the world class hypocrite and traitor Bush Jr. appointed a famous D.C fag�.�

There are at least five more examples on the site which excoriate Dubya.

Now I realize that accuracy and integrity are not necessarily considered good things by many of the people on this forum, especially those who have a political or emotional axe to grind.

Nonetheless, your attempt to tie a despicable snake like Phelps to anyone you don�t like -- whether or not it�s the president or the guy next door -- tells me you are either incompetent as a researcher, or dishonest in your reporting.

You certainly have lost your credibility with me -- and probably with anyone who actually read the websites you cite.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Off_The_Street]

Off_The_Street, perhaps we should collectively agree to deny ignorance together, that hate movements/organizations/religions contain no moral limits when it comes to pushing their own agenda/s.

I'm sure both sides of America's political parties can selectively acquire "hate" messages from the WBC movement. No offence but,

So I do believe they're anti-democrat and most likely contributed to president Bush's relection. Here are photographs taken in 2004 as opposed to comments made in 2001 by the WBC;

WBC Pickets at the Democratic National Convention in Boston, MA - July 27, 2004

Off_The_Street,

Before you continue to slander and poke fun at my command of the english language (future reference for ya)

"vocabulary of a high-school graduate".

I should inform you that I am of Japanese background and immigrated to America during my early teens. I thank you for putting down my on going struggle with improving my english vocabulary
and will continue to use ignorant comments as motivation to improve.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
btw

how do i put a pic in my profile like everyone else??

im such a looser

i have no visable personality .... yet

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yup, personally it's sickening. But these guys have a right to their beliefs and really can say what they wish to say. If they want to rejoice at the death of one group of people, then it's their right to do so, no matter how difficult it is for the majority to stomach.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Be Christlike.

Turn the other cheek when attacked with such hatred like this.

These people are not Christlike. They know nothing of him. Have comfort that those people will have to stand before God and account for their hatred.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by jupiter869]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
Be Christlike.

Have comfort that those people will have to stand before God and account for their hatred.

Before you condem these people go read what they have to say. Read their FAQ section. Get some perspective first.

Example:

[What would you do if a homosexual attended your church?
Regardless of any person's private conduct, we would do unto them as we would have them do unto us. By a fear of God, we would declare the whole counsel of God to them, lest their blood should be on our hands. We would share the Gospel (good news) with them, and we would treat them like we would treat any other person on this earth. We would treat them with kindness, and follow those scriptural injunctions that require that we preach the gospel to every creature.

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15.

"So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also." Romans 1:15.

"Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel." Romans 15:20.

"For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel." I Corinthians 1:17.

"For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" I Corinthians 9:16.

There are many more such passages. Knowing always that it is only by the foolishness of preaching that any man is saved, preaching a pure, complete, unvarnished gospel, is our duty, and it is the only hope for salvation. See Galatians 1:9 - "As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." and Romans 10:17 - "So, then, faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." ]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
Be Christlike.

These people are not Christlike. They know nothing of him. Have comfort that those people will have to stand before God and account for their hatred.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by jupiter869]

That's the only reason this is not that disturbing. Phelps and his flock have been doing things like this for years. He even wanted to put up some statues in public parks that celebrated people who died from gay bashing. Well I'm one that would celebrate anyone dying from Christian bashing (joke). Which if my recolection serves me right has never happened. Unless it was some other religion doing so (i.e. Extremeist Muslims)

Horacid.....Don't give me the free speach crap. If I had a banner celebrating the deaths of over 3,000 Christians on 9-11 what do you think would happen to me? Guantanimo Bay is what I'm thinking......so there goes free speach.

And don't worry the guy from Japan.....I bet your English is 1,000 times better than off-the-street's Japaneese (sp?)

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

There are many more such passages. Knowing always that it is only by the foolishness of preaching that any man is saved, preaching a pure, complete, unvarnished gospel, is our duty, and it is the only hope for salvation. See Galatians 1:9 - "As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." and Romans 10:17 - "So, then, faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." ]

So you preach about not eating shellfish? How about slaughtering your neighbor who works on the sabbath? Where do you have your alter for burning your prize livestock to God? I guess if you had a daughter you have already sold her to slavery? Don't give me preaching the unvarnished gospel load of CRAP...unless you preach it ALL.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This isin't a free speech issue. Read what they have to say, not what people tell you they said. They do have some interesting data that is backed up with scripture. Look closer at what THEY are saying.

As far as "off_the_street"...did some research on the basis of his arrogance. "no comment".

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Wow, didnt know that worhtless wastes of space ghf(wont spell it out) has flies and was assocaited with a real church. Glad I'm not the fire inspector in that reigon, I'd never be able to call it arson if that place was torched, it would be a public service instead. Shame we have to allow that kind of free speech, but at least we have the right to drag scum who support that crap out back behind a supermarket and introduce them to size 12 Doc Martins.

Come on, now. How can you really say that? How is that any different from what they are doing?

Do we solve hate with more hate?

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
Horacid.....Don't give me the free speach crap. If I had a banner celebrating the deaths of over 3,000 Christians on 9-11 what do you think would happen to me? Guantanimo Bay is what I'm thinking......so there goes free speach.

"Yes! Thank God for September 11th and 3,000 dead sodomites in America in 2001. God sent the Muslim planes to destroy NEW YORK's twin towers and hurl 3,000 vile Americans into Hell." - www.godhatesamerica.com...
There are so many things wrong with this so I'm not really sure where to start, specially since this is assuming that everybody who died on 9/11 are all gay, which would be close to impossible.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by AlienS]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Come on this is silly. The website is "GodhatesAmerica.com".

I would have similar reservations about a post that quoted something like "This Just In - Europeans are Racist, check out this link at www.europeanKuKluxKlan.com"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join