It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Church thanks God for tsunami deaths of gay people!

page: 10
0
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
There will be far more "tossed" into the lake of fire than are granted "life".

Oh for Pete's sake...not even all Christian believe in a burning lake of hell....get over it. Again....just because this is what you think doesn't make it real...you can prove nothing...no one can. Stop making statements as if it absolute truth.....it's not!


[edit on 1/6/2005 by LadyV]




posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by DrHoracid
There will be far more "tossed" into the lake of fire than are granted "life".

Oh for Pete's sake...not even all Christian believe in a burning lake of hell....get over it, again....just because this is what you think doesn't make it real...you can prove nothing...no on can. Stop making statements as if it absolute truth.....it's not!


I have been "flamed" much of my life for makeing "absolute" statements about many things. But I am usually right............There was that "incident" in Istanbul.



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Like I said: I would rather be tossed into your mythical lake of fire than to go live in your mythical heaven with any of you.



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Can someone please judge me?

I'd like to know based on my beliefs. If my destination in the afterlife is that of a mythical lake of fire or the gates of heaven?



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Like I said: I would rather be tossed into your mythical lake of fire than to go live in your mythical heaven with any of you.



We love you too.........but truth is there are many whom would not be happy in heaven. Are yo left handed?



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid




Are yo left handed?

And what does that have to do with any damn thing!?



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Dr. Horacid, look at it this way. You WANT people to become christians, don't you? A gay christian is better than a gay pagan, no? So, isn't it better that you not go on and on about lakes of fire and unsaved souls and all, and cause people to respect your religion by being an epitome of tolerance and peace? Convert by example, so to speak. Then when people ask you how come you are the way you are, you can tell them what a wonderful Christianity is. Agreeing with saying that we should all be happy because of the deaths of thousands of people is not the best way.



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by DrHoracid




Are yo left handed?


And what does that have to do with any damn thing!?

Back in the spanish torture days of the catholics, being left handed was a sign of the devil. Just asking...................



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Lets say for instance that your mighty god is real. Let him show himself so I can judge him and put him back where he rose from. Obviously this will never happen or should a left handed man put on his fire suit and prepare for the burning fires of hellllllllllll?

I don't fear any of the things you say. I t will change nothing for me just make me laugh harder.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by I See You]



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid


Back in the spanish torture days of the catholics, being left handed was a sign of the devil. Just asking...................


Just asking hu! You are beginning to totally lose any type of credibility...I have gotten to that point with you before...then thought, naw....patients...my patients is now out...I'm gonna use my happy button! If anyone here is guided by negative forces....it's my belief that it is you...and telling you that is worth the warning I may get for doing so
Good bye.........


[edit on 1/6/2005 by LadyV]



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Lets say for instance that your mighty god is real. Let him show himself so I can judge him and put him back where he rose from. Obviously this will never happen or should a left handed man put on his fire suit and prepare for the burning fires of hellllllllllll?

I don't fear any of the things you say. I t will change nothing for me just make me laugh harder.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by I See You]


Alright the left handed thingy aside. Your words will come back to burn you. But, Hell is not eternal. That would require eternal life. Life "imortality" is for those who keep the commandments (GOD's law) and believe in Christ. Yet, all things are forgivable except one.



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by kinglizard

Please reread my post as I stated that I don't agree with people condemning anyone to hell but spreading the word of God through quoting the bible is being a good Christian


You said

This makes no sense. You are saying a sinner can’t spread the word of God? This is absurd. You don’t need to be Jesus to have the right to spread his word to others, this is the foundation of Christianity. You say “unless your free of sin yourself, and no one is...don't preach at others!”, how convenient using this logic nobody could preach.


In which I responded.....not to point fingers....no where do I say you "can't" spread your word...unless of course someone has asked you umpteenth time to stop it.....but spreading the word should not be done by pointing out sin.....don't you think there are other, more positive ways, that would not put the person immediately on the defensive.....like showing acceptance, love and understanding......the pointing finger thing will never convert anyone....no one has the right to point fingers unless no one could point back...the old, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....



Well you quoted the wrong paragraph. This is what I said.


Originally posted by kinglizard
I don’t agree with saying “you are going to burn in hell because you…”but if you are simply repeating what the bible says in order to spread the word of God it’s ok. Final judgment is reserved for God alone. It’s not my responsibility to condemn anyone but as a Christian it’s also my duty to spread the word.



Is pointing fingers a fancy way of saying judging others? I think so. In this case reread my post one more time. It isn’t our place to judge (point fingers) at others it’s Gods.

It’s perfectly acceptable for a Christian to tell someone what the bible says about sin even if they themselves are sinners because we all are. When we quote the bible to someone we are simply saying this is what our book says without judgment. Just so we are perfectly clear this time I will say it one more time. The Bible shouldn’t be used by man to judge anyone as this is reserved for God; it should be used to spread the word of God.

You said: “no where do I say you "can't" spread your word”

This is not true. I will quote your post “unless your free of sin yourself, and no one is...don't preach at others!”. In effect you are saying nobody can preach because nobody is without sin. Stop mincing words.



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Can someone please judge me?

I'd like to know based on my beliefs. If my destination in the afterlife is that of a mythical lake of fire or the gates of heaven?


Nobody has the authority to judge you, this is between you and God.



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's not even between you and God. It's between you and yourself. God doesn't judge.



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It's not even between you and God. It's between you and yourself. God doesn't judge.


It does seem we will be judged in accordance with our actions, not by man but by God.

1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.

Another verse form Leviticus in the Old Testament.

bible.gospelcom.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard


This is not true. I will quote your post “unless your free of sin yourself, and no one is...don't preach at others!”. In effect you are saying nobody can preach because nobody is without sin. Stop mincing words.


I am not mincing words! I'll will give you that though...I should of explained much better...yes, you have a right to spread your word...no....I personally don't feel you have the right to do so by pointing out "other's" sin....in other words...judging! Why can't you guys spread the word without judging...your not sin free, so why should you point it out in others? It's like me telling you how you should not abuse an animall...how wrong it is, and then me turing around and abusing my own animals....do you not see this!?
I have to get to work now...I'll pick this up later.

EDIT....you can't prove something by bible quoting...that only works if who you are bibling to is Christian!


[edit on 1/6/2005 by LadyV]



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Nobody has the authority to judge you, this is between you and God.


Since i love and support my lesbian friend will this send me to hell? Am i accepting an abomination in the eyes of god through my friendship, thus turning me into a sinner? Will all gay people in this world be sent to hell? It appears Christians within this thread believe they have all the autority to judge gay human beings before God himself.

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Homosexual men/women are not part of the 'follow peace with all men' equation? Does the word of the Lord not say right there in black and white provided to us by Lastday Prophet to accept all men in the name of peace?



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
EDIT....you can't prove something by bible quoting...that only works if who you are bibling to is Christian!



Sorry this is about faith not proof.



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It's not even between you and God. It's between you and yourself. God doesn't judge.


Romans 2:5 "But because of your stubborness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person according to what he has done." To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."

Revelations 19:12 "And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books."

There's bunches of other scripture old and new testament including the apostle's creed so ah, are you saying the Bible is bunk or are you talking about a different god?



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Since i love and support my lesbian friend will this send me to hell? Am i accepting an abomination in the eyes of god through my friendship, thus turning me into a sinner? Will all gay people in this world be sent to hell?


I think acting on homosexual desires is a sin because this is what the bible tells us but I don’t think you are doomed to hell because of it. God loves sinners so much that he gave his only son to them by his crucifixion and resurrection. The sinner is forgiven by being born again through baptism into the house of God. Your friend is truly loved and not doomed.

You are not sinning because you befriend a sinner you are blessed. I think Jesus would do exactly what you are doing in your friendship.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join