It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church thanks God for tsunami deaths of gay people!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
CAUTION: sensitive/graphic anti-gay material below

Let me just say right now that I am completely appalled and feel no joy in bringing this hick rag washed crap coming out of middle America to ATS. The statement, which was posted on their website Wednesday alongside dozens of other archived "press releases," thanks God for the tsunami and for the death of any gay Swedish vacationers who perished at the time.

This is coming from Westboro Baptist Church leaders in Kansas!
The same individuals who played a pivotal role in re-electing our president based on morals?

Well ATS, let me ask you. DO YOU SEE ANY MORALS?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Bloody Hell. If that's genuine then I am Disgusted. Absolutely sickening.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Amarillo_Brice]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
that is just so sickening. Even in times of great despair, when love and compassion should be the driving force in helping our fellow man, hatred, racism and prejudice still manages to find a way to show it's ugly face.

It truly a sad world we live in, I don't blame God, the aliens, or anyone else who sees this planet as a lost cause. Some people are just hopeless.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
that is just so sickening. Even in times of great despair, when love and compassion should be the driving force in helping our fellow man, hatred, racism and prejudice still manages to find a way to show it's ugly face.

It truly a sad world we live in, I don't blame God, the aliens, or anyone else who sees this planet as a lost cause. Some people are just hopeless.

What gives you the right to judge there people for their beliefs? As I remind you the only place on this planet GOD has turned into glass was Sodom and Gohmora. What happened to "tolerance"? Oh is that only for PC thought. Some "tolerance"....................Homosexuality is an abomonation.........Truth does not equal HATE.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is about par for the course, those dogmatic bigots are hatemongers nothing more and are about as far away from christianity as humanly possible.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by worldwatcher

What gives you the right to judge there people for their beliefs? As I remind you the only place on this planet GOD has turned into glass was Sodom and Gohmora. What happened to "tolerance"? Oh is that only for PC thought. Some "tolerance"....................Homosexuality is an abomonation.........Truth does not equal HATE.

maybe it's because I am sick, but I don't understand your post.
what exactly are you saying??
You're blaming me for not being tolerant of people who have no tolerance????

[edit on 1-3-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was hoping that that was just the satire website. Apparently it's not that one...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm a little confused. In most religious societies the church is involved with the upbringing of children are they not? Aren't their numerous milestones in the religious child's life that he celebrates in his religious community with his church? Doesn't that mean that their are children around at other church functions?

If so... well, how can a family institution like a church justify hateful and foul language against any group whether they are fond of them or not. When I have children I wouldn't want them to see a brochure like that. I wouldn't want my kids to call someone an "asshole" even. Regardless of it being a person I can't stand.

Not only that, but that picture? Children should see a picture like that of someone bending another person over in that fashion?

There are lots of people I don't like in this world. I don't wish them death. I certainly don't celebrate after they actually die. These are some sick people.

DrHoracid, I understand that you consider homosexuality an abomination. That's totally within your rights to feel that way. If that's how you feel, don't practice it. I don't practice it either, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest if someone else practices it. But you know what... even if it bothers you and even if you think it's wrong and disgusting or whatever, surely you can see why celebrating ANY person's death is a sick thing to do.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The so called lack of "Tolerance" is thrown in the face of anyone who may have different views of those who "preach tolerance". If you really had "tolerance" it would include all ideas and opinions regardless of your own point of view. I see little "tolerance" in the PC world. Its "think and say as I think and say" or be silent. These people have a belief system different that yours. Can you truely say it is wrong?

[edit on 3-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Whatever, at least somone has the nerve to stand up for what they believe in. I think it's fine and see nothing wrong with his statement. Free Speech still is allowed isn't it??? Why are you sickened...couldn't you ever make a poster examining your beliefs and distribute it to the masses??

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow, didnt know that worhtless wastes of space ghf(wont spell it out) has flies and was assocaited with a real church. Glad I'm not the fire inspector in that reigon, I'd never be able to call it arson if that place was torched, it would be a public service instead. Shame we have to allow that kind of free speech, but at least we have the right to drag scum who support that crap out back behind a supermarket and introduce them to size 12 Doc Martins.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Maybe those "Bibliolatrists" who cling to Scriptures but avoid contact with Mercy, Compassion and Gentleness in their own relationships--maybe they're confused.

Maybe they cannot separate the behavior from the person.

Scripture says to hate WHAT is bad, not hate WHO.

If they cannot indeed separate the deed from the person, then the problem is deep and abiding IGNORANCE.

There's no point in hating somebody who's ignorant, either. Okay, so they're acting like vicious animals? Yeah. But that just betokens the absence of Spirit from their very lives. Demons operate without Spirit also.

These people act like Demons in the name of Religion. They're very needy also. You know, it's like the pot slurring the kettle by calling it "black."

What you react badly to--needy-ness in this case--is what you are.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by defrag99]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If Jesus did indeed exist.. going by what he was meant to stand for I'm sure he'd be disturbed with what is done in his name. This kind of stuff is EVIL.

Imagine.. if they really believe god was doing his 'duty' in killing so many people.. what they'd do themselves when they are doing 'God's work'? God has okayed it now after all..
no doubt they think it's a 'holy' sign of judgment day. These people scare me.. if they get to much power they'd be a threat to all people.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
if they get to much power they'd be a threat to all people.

Hate to say it but they already are in power, look at the president, and the general feeling of malcontent towards homosexuals this election, hell it was decided because a bunch of people were afraid of some gays getting married, how lame is that?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
If Jesus did indeed exist.. going by what he was meant to stand for I'm sure he'd be disturbed with what is done in his name. This kind of stuff is EVIL.

Imagine.. if they really believe god was doing his 'duty' in killing so many people.. what they'd do themselves when they are doing 'God's work'? God has okayed it now after all..
no doubt they think it's a 'holy' sign of judgment day. These people scare me.. if they get to much power they'd be a threat to all people.

So how is this different that Islamo-terrorist? The Koran teaches the same thing. Only it is to any non-believer. Do you fear them?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I agree that freedom of speech is an important thing. No one is arguing that. Whether or not this group has the "right" to put up such a poster is not my problem. I'm not a lawyer specializing in Constitutional cases and I'll leave that for someone else.

The real issue is that it is amazing that someone can stake a claim to the moral "high ground" yet wish death on another person or celebrate the death of another person.

"Illegal" is not within my bounds to say. But "Wrong" sure as hell is.

It is not "wrong" to disagree with homosexuality. But it is "wrong" to use the cover of religion to preach hate against anyone, and glorify a tragedy.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The so called lack of "Tolerance" is thrown in the fact of anyone who may have different views of those who "preach" tolerance". If you really had "tolerance" it would include all ideas and opinions regardless of your own point of view. I see little "tolerance" in the PC world. Its "think and say as I think and say" or be silent. These people have a belief system different that yours. Can you truely say it is wrong?

Horacid Babe!!! I think you are misunderstanding my point. I didn't not say or express in any of my posts it was illegal for these people to express their opinion or even feel that way. That would be intolerance.

everyone has a right to their particular prejudices. We all have them, whether we care to admit it or not.

They have a right to free speech to spew their proganda and my right to free speech allows me to criticize them for it. That has nothing to do with tolerance or intolerance.

But DrHoracid, I must admit, you are right. I am intolerant to people who have no tolerance to others.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Animals get homosexual too, there is proof of that, I don't want a man putting his thing into my backdoor, it sickens me, but I guess if I was gay then I would so...who can say anything but their own opinion...

it's of my opinion you can say what you want, go gives a ???? you know when people say 'it's just a game' well just tell yourself 'it's just life' who cares if he is a homophobic nazi, let him be one.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

DrHoracid, I understand that you consider homosexuality an abomination. That's totally within your rights to feel that way. If that's how you feel, don't practice it. I don't practice it either, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest if someone else practices it. But you know what... even if it bothers you and even if you think it's wrong and disgusting or whatever, surely you can see why celebrating ANY person's death is a sick thing to do.

Exactly. Its my opinion that anyone who preaches the notion, and/ or celebrates any persons death by natural disaster as being justified, is just as sick as those whos death they gloat about!

Will religious zealots ever just "rapture off" and leave us sinners (99% of the world) the flock alone???

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There's another Native American expression:

"Eagles don't have to act like crows."

We know people by their behavior more often than by their words.

Let the words just wash over ... until the behavior is visible.

We can do something about the behavior : affirm it or repudiate it.

But the words are too close to thoughts themselves; and God gives us Free Will to respond to, process, think through and articulate thoughts.

The Law covers Behavior. The Sermon on the Mount covers Behavior.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join