It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A picture of liquid found on mars by the NASA rover!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

"In this photo, I found water running down from below the rocks on a small 2 meter tall hillside in Gale Crater. You can see the wetness and the different color of soil compared to that around it. There is no doubt that it is water. "

A picture of liquid found on mars by the NASA rover!

Very interesting picture!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
A video format of it:

edit on 22-10-2015 by Benicealways because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Benicealways

So should someone on ATS get the credit for finding water on Mars? I remember someone pointing out these water marks years and years ago.

How do they know its water also? Can't it be another water like liquid?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm just going to point out. Your title sounds like a picture of liquid was found on Mars. A picture of it. Haha good find OP
edit on 22-10-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

haha

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

To me that might be a more interesting find. Humans weren't there so you know what that would mean.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's either water or dark sand on bright sand.

As NASA has not connected this picture with the "Water found on Mars announcement" a month or so back, i will go with the dark sand .
edit on 22-10-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Good pic and a great find, F&S for you!

Now, if we could just get a little sample of that Martian moisture and test it for signs of life, that would be great.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Compare and contrast to other images of said water on mars:

Source1

Source2

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
It's either water or dark sand on light sand.

As NASA has not connected this picture with the "Water found on Mars announcement" a month or so back, i will go with the dark sand .

If you look closely you can tell that the sands edges are raised like they have been saturated. I don't think it would do that if it were just dry sand.

If you look to the left you can see another fainter area where it has collected.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

NASA is well aware of this picture, if they could show water flow both from satellites AND the rower, it would be an amazing home run.

The lack of excitement from NASA over this picture and the others as there are more, tells a lot.

I think it's sand hidden in the cracks of the rock, ( therefore not bleached by the sun ) that comes loose and flow on top of the brighter sand.
edit on 22-10-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah, I found that a year and a half or so ago, and we in the Anomalies thread pretty much concluded that it was just probably just slightly darker sand, without any fluid in it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, there are several, presumably older, run off spots from the same source, and also another run off higher up on the left, also from the rocks, so it must be an ongoing periodic thing. Whether it is dampness or darker sand? it's hard to say, though it does look like dampness staining,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the link for clarity.
To add, NASA has often talked about the 'sweet' spot,

"These perchlorate salts have a property called deliquescence. They take the water vapour from the atmosphere and absorb it to produce the brines."

So any flow is going to be where a liquid can flow, and if this flow is because of night time coldness and pressure, I don't see anything wrong in saying that this could occur anywhere on Mars, but just a matter of degree.
However the author of the link makes a baldy statement off the bat, with not much in the way of explanantion.
edit on 22-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: TheLotLizard

NASA is well aware of this picture, if they could show water flow both from satellites AND the rower, it would be an amazing home run.

The lack of excitement from NASA over this picture and the others as there are more, tells a lot.

I think it's sand hidden in the cracks of the rock, ( therefore not bleached by the sun ) that comes loose and flow on top of the brighter sand.

NASA said that if its not dark because of water that it's quite possible that previous water arranged the sand to absorb more light causing it to be darker.

And isn't the pictures posted above both satellite and from the rover?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You found that? Really? That's awesome, but slightly darker sand just randomly appearing in the form just as how water would seep down a hill?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I don't believe them in regards to this photo.
I think they know more now than they did then, and it looks like water to me.

Just the way it runs out of the crevice and the lumpiness of the ends...it looks like the water they are finding from space leaking out in satellite photos. Also, now that they have officially announced that they have water, perhaps they might change their views on what this is.
(think about that for a second. Would they say it is water without an official announcement that they know water is on Mars?)
But then, I am no NASA scientist...

Just looks like wet sand to me.

edit on 22-10-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yes, it's actually what wet sand looks like imo.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That is not sand; it is blood. Everyone can clearly see that the Martian Rock Monster has just engulfed a martian wildebeest.

Meh, some people just don't get it....

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I think it was FunBox.
He is the pimp when it comes to Mars rocks and anomalies

top topics

<<   2 >>

join