It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hendo Board: Is it black technology being snuck into the consumer market?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So I read this article today about a new real-life hoverboard called the "Hendo Board" that supposedly uses maglev to hover:
Fox News Article
I just didn't trust it. You shouldn't be able to make magnets create self-contained propulsion. It's like a magnetic thruster - I thought this had been debunked before. I looked it up on Youtube:
Tony Hawk riding a Hendo hoverboard
And found a video of them using one.

They claim it uses Magnetic Field Architecture (MFA) to achieve magnetic elevation. And reading a number of articles it seems in concept similar to how maglev trains work. Like you can read here:
Discussion about Hendo boards work

The Hendo engine uses a technique called electrodynamic suspension. This can get very complicated very quickly when you try to do the calculations, so I'll just describe it in general terms. Note that this technology is used in some Maglev trains, so it's a well established technology and indeed the first related patent is 109 years old (sadly the Google OCR has made a real hash of this patent).

So I went and learned about maglev technology. You can read about it here:
Maglev train technology explained

The magnetic field created in this wire-and-battery experiment is the simple idea behind a maglev train rail system. There are three components to this system:
1. A large electrical power source
2. Metal coils lining a guideway or track
3. Large guidance magnets attached to the underside of the train

The problem I have with it, is that the Hendo Board:
1. Doesn't use a large electrical power source
2. Doesn't use a metal guideway or track, in fact it's claimed it only works on non-ferrite surfaces.
3. Uses small magnets built into the board, which the board "pushes" off of, in order to levitate itself... off of itself.

Does this scream black technology to anyone else here? I'm suspecting it's not maglev tech and is in fact antigravity... Because to my simple layman mind, it just doesn't make any sense.

I wonder if TPTB have the masses dumbed down so much at this point, that they are releasing black tech to us and claiming it's something else? Hoverboards? Oh, that's just maglev. Of course it is.

Anyone else want to weigh in? Do you think this is really maglev, or do you think it's hidden government tech being snuck in to the consumer market?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Remember that most people are carrying around what would have been a super computer in their pocket some 50 years ago. In order to send cat pictures to their friends. Or a bunch of these.

I'm sure that at some point it may have been black.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
But it DOES require metal track. It induces an image magnet in the metal.

XL5

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Bedlam, image magnets are pure bunk! That said, the board creates eddy currents in the copper or aluminium, those currents repel the magnetic currents in the board coils. The board uses a high frequency pulsed magnetic field that I think you can hear in the video. The batteries probably don't last that long.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
Bedlam, image magnets are pure bunk!

Nope. The hendo board induces a magnetic field in the metal it's over. You're sort of saying I'm wrong and then agreeing with me. Mainly because you don't understand what the induced currents are doing. Hint - a current flow causes a ____ field.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
But it DOES require metal track. It induces an image magnet in the metal.

After some further learning on the subject, it seems you're right. I misunderstood the term "non-ferromagnetic" mentioned in this discussion:

Hendo Board discussion

I also understand that it uses Lenz's law and eddy currents. And that the hendo-hoverboards only work in non-ferromagnetic material.

Which is aggravating to people like me. Why say "non-ferromagnetic" instead of "magnetically conductive" or "ferrimagnetic"?

So the board does push off the surface it's on.

I'm still surprised that they can get magnets to provide enough push to lift a person inside a board you can pick up, with battery included. This is crazy.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If an object creates a magnetic field and attempts to extend that magnetic field into other metal objects, half the electrons of those atoms go into the direction of that field, but the other half go in the opposite direction, and oppose that magnetic field. So you get an repulsion effect that works as levitation:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

The only "black" technology I've ever known anything about was the Cotton Gin invented by Eli Whitney.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That's mildly racist. atlantablackstar.com...

They made lot of things.
Lots of things like the light bulb filament, super soakers, and pacemakers.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

It's not even mildly racist and your assertion it is doesn't make it so! It's a play on words; I know what he meant by "black technologies"; he used it in the sense of "black ops" or the "black budget", i.e. "secret". Its just a clumsy use of the word "black" in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
As he said. And I read an article about bttfday and it talked about all the current hoover boards. Some needing track some need special surface. Some need cooling with nitrogen and a track

Yet another requires propellers like a drone. Etc etc

a reply to: Bedlam

XL5

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Bedlam, if you had said magnetic image or magnetic field image and not image magnet then I would not have tried to make a funny. It was in humor. Image magnet just didn't sound right. I also agree with you about it and sorta knew what you meant.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You can only be "dumbed down" if you allow it.

You asked good, thought provoking questions.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
Bedlam, if you had said magnetic image or magnetic field image and not image magnet then I would not have tried to make a funny. It was in humor. Image magnet just didn't sound right. I also agree with you about it and sorta knew what you meant.

Weirdly enough, if you look at vaguely similar phenomena, they form a literal mirror image "in" the conductor.

Antennas above ground have a counterpoint "reflection" antenna that seems to be inside the ground, like you were looking in a mirror.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

What about mag lev trains? do you trust them. They have been around for years.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Why say "non-ferromagnetic" instead of "magnetically conductive" or "ferrimagnetic"?
Because those terms don't describe what's needed well enough. The problem with ferromagnetic material is that it has a magnetic "memory" so if you apply a magnetic field to it, it can "remember" the field. This would be bad in this case.

For the Hendo board you only want the induced magnetic field to be temporary, so you need something that won't remember the field, hence "non-ferromagnetic".

new topics

top topics

join