It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The story changed as it was told

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I just have a soft rant to make. I'm sure some folks can relate.

Stories change so easily from person to person. Do you remember as a kid sitting in a circle and the first person tells the person sitting next to them a word or story and by the time it reaches the last person the story or word has completely changed?

I sure remember doing that. And as I sit here today I just wonder how that happens a whole lot with all sorts of different stories.

Here's what happened with me yesterday...
I had told my aunt a story. Then my aunt told that story to my grandma and then my grandma called me with a different story. How simple is it to keep the same story? Obviously in this case it wasn't so simple. I just didn't understand how my story got so mixed up and words were twisted and it wasn't the story I even stated to my aunt! Has this ever happened to you?
I was frustrated and I told my grandma the story I said first. I don't feel like I can just call my aunt and ask why did she change my story because I don't feel like it would help anything.

I think some folks twist stories either because their memory is no good or they just want to change it to make them feel better. But what do I know ... I'm just a blue eyed cat..

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Language is very imperfect, very limited people perceive things you say one way while what you are trying to convey gets lost in the process. People embellish things to sound more important, and there is that memory thing as well. Your the best nattie cat

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Hey man how's it goin? What an intelligent comment to respond with

Yes, the word embellish slipped my mind, that's a good word to describe how stories get twisted. And I agree with how we say something and then the other person thinks we said something different. I do find it interesting but also frustrating

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think people when relaying a story like to add their own little bit on to make it more exciting and that's how stories change. However, they also do it because they are getting older and their memory isn't what it once was. My mum is 88 and I try not to tell anything too personal otherwise she tells everyone but then it ends up nothing like what I had said, one because she is a bit deaf, two because her memory isn't very good, three because her cognitive responses aren't what they once were. On the other side I have listened to a story my mum has told me, I have then seen my sister a couple of weeks after and told my sister the story in front of my mum and my mum has said "who told you that" and I answer "you" and she comes back and says "I didn't tell you that I have never heard about it before today"!!
a reply to: natalia

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Aha, I see said the blind man. I did laugh a lil at the story you shared. My aunt is in her 40's and on meds so maybe that messes with her memory as well as getting older. Thanks for your response

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Language is very imperfect, very limited people perceive things you say one way while what you are trying to convey gets lost in the process. People embellish things to sound more important, and there is that memory thing as well. Your the best nattie cat

Well obviously you are afflicted with an acute case of a low conscience state in the cerabellum. Why this ambiguity exists is open for debate but clearly this artificial declaration of authenticity resides in the acceptance of the "Law of a low carb diet" may I offer a suggestion....pickles and peanut butter.
Need I say more?

What was the question?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I'm not sure I follow?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure I follow?

Don't bother to try. It was an attempt to cuteness I suspect. You said it all in the first post to the OP.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I'm not sure I follow?

Sorry, it was my attempt at trying to be cute using language as a conceptualization medium much like you use graphics.
How is that project coming btw?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nevermind my u2u I posted in the other thread. Bottom of the page there.

new topics

top topics

join