It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Ad on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't know where this belongs but I thought I would try in this forum first.

For the past month every time that I visit ATS, an Ad for Moonbeam City pops up and takes over the whole screen. I have to hit backspace every time in order to see the forums. This also happens almost every time when I click on any button or link in ATS and it is always Moonbeam City Ad. I do believe that this is do to my computer; I did a search but could not find anything resembling my problem. I am using an outdated IE and Window XP on my computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: knights5629

The ad should not take-over the top-portion of the website unless you click the "push for lasers" button in the banner.

Normal:

Push for lasers...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Switch to Firefox or Chrome for your browser. No one should be using IE8 on the internet. Ever.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

edit on 22/10/15 by EnigmaAgent because: Proved myself wrong.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I have not pushed the laser button. In fact, I don't even see that ad. But is does overtake that entire screen almost every time I click on a link or button on ATS.

I have tried to take a screenshot to show you, but haven't been able to yet. Not very computer savy.
edit on 22-10-2015 by knights5629 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I would agree with you, but I can not use Chrome or Firefox. This is on my company's computer and I don't have "permission" to use anything else but IE.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Same problem that me and a few others are experiencing, it's not always the same ad though. And clearly we now know that it affects different browsers.

Below are related threads (the first one is mine):

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't seem to capture a screen shot of it either.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I can't seem to open up the links you posted...again the full page ad comes up and I can't get past it.

(post by yeahsurexxx removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Internet Explorer v8 (and also 9 and 10) is very nearly at the end of it's life, planned for January, 2016: www.techtimes.com...

Given that Microsoft no longer supports the browser, developers are also ignoring most IE8-10 eccentricities. I don't know why this particular ad is giving you the problems (It's not for me with IE8 on Windows 7), but given the obsolete browser and operating system, there's not much that can be done.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This was happening to me as well. Also only on my work computer and, according to a few responses here, I'm going to assume it must be due to using Internet Explorer... and for me it was only the Moonbeam City ad (I've never pushed the button for lasers either).

For whatever reason (I'm not really all that computer/internet savvy, so I don't know why), it stopped doing it recently. But while it was happening I would just hit the "back" arrow to get to the page I was trying to go to. I never said anything because I just assumed it was due to my ancient technology here.

top topics

join