It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beta Uprising - World of warcraft

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
a reply to: calstorm

Area of expertise? Maybe?

Don't smoke that rock just yet, player.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

"unsanctioned"....gotta' love it!! I cracked up when I read this.

BTW...thank you for your service!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Perhaps it's just the way you structured what you wrote, but taken at face value it seems to illustrate a couple things. A big thing you and your wife have in common is interactive video games (regardless of which one).

Not really, we met long before we started playing games, we just discovered a mutual love for it about 4 years into our relationship. I play a lot more these days than she does - but that doesn't stop us having a relationship. In fact, we've been together for 15 years, 5 of which we've been married yet most of our friends (many of whom haven't played an online game in their lives, nor frequent social media much) have married and divorced at least once, sometimes more.

I have dozens and dozens of friends, and none of them play WoW. I have exactly zero Facebook friends. Sure, I have some friends who have FB accounts, but I don't and I know them from real life, not from the internet. I've never met anyone from an on-line game, likely because while I know of them I am just not into this kind of thing. (I raise cattle...outdoors, in the fresh air).

I live on a farm too mate. I get plenty of fresh air. We also run an antiques restoration business, doing a lot of the work in our garage.

I don't socialize on FB, but I have met (and always look forward to meeting) people from internet forums because I think it's important to put a real life, in person, face to a name.[ Most of them I like very much (not on FB, but in person), and some were not at all likeable, complete opposites of their on-line persona. Personality is many things, and the the written word on some forum is only one element. So, while I am not at all suggesting you are ant-social, your statement would appear to imply much of your social interaction is based around the internet...which debateably can lead to anti-social types of behavior in some people.

We live 2 hours away from most of our friends and 11 hours drive away from the rest of our family - so if we didn't keep in contact via the Internet we'd be still ringing each other up daily. We use video and voice, not just text.

I don't think you thought this through properly, you are comparing your own life with others who live under very different circumstances.

edit on 23/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Once a youth has been targeted by the covert operators, he is sent to the MMORPGs by his mind-controller/psychiatrist so he can simulate the mass killing over and over in his brain and thus be habituated to the act. The game may also be used to communicate messages or even to 'trigger' the Manchurian Candidate via certain words or images.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Once a youth has been targeted by the covert operators, he is sent to the MMORPGs by his mind-controller/psychiatrist so he can simulate the mass killing over and over in his brain and thus be habituated to the act. The game may also be used to communicate messages or even to 'trigger' the Manchurian Candidate via certain words or images.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I believe there is definitely something to the WoW theory. Look at the number of mass shooters who have been players of "World of Warcraft":
(and these are the only ones we know about)

7-22-11 Oslo/Utoya Island slaughter, Norway 69 dead

www.dagbladet.no...
Brevik has questioned said that he spent much time in the game World of Warcraft... 32-year-old has previously explained his movements on Utøya as if he were in a violent computer game. Seven years ago he took a year off to concentrate on the game at full time.

12-8-11 Virginia Tech Shooting, Blacksburg, VA Ross Truett Ashley, 22 2 dead

blogs.fredericksbu...sdesk...‘a-different-person’/
He(ex-roommate) said Ashley enjoyed NFL games and the popular fantasy game “World of Warcraft.”

7-20-12 Batman Shooting, Aurora, CO 12 dead

www.dailymail.co.u...tml...
A former classmate from the University of Colorado suggested another cause for the killings, describing Holmes as someone who had lost touch with reality after becoming 'obsessed' with video games.
'I can’t remember which one but it was something like World of Warcraft, one of those where you compete against people on the internet. 'He did not have much of a life apart from that and doing his work. James seemed like he wanted to be in the game and be one of the characters.

12-14-12 Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting, Adam Lanza, 20 27 dead
State’s Attorney’s Report, pg32 of 48
"World of Warcraft" played on Lanza's computer

3-19-13 University of Central Florida, James Oliver Seevakumaran 1 dead

www.dropbox.com...
RoommateStatements.pdf
pg 7 of 7 by Samuel Consgrove, Jr.
"He played video games in his room without leaving on weekdays, including "World of Warcraft" and other online games, during this period."

5-23-14 Isla Vista, Santa Barbara, CA, Elliot Rodger 7 dead
Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office INVESTIGATIVE SUMMARY
"His favorite video game was World of Warcraft."

If they had gone back and discovered what these whack shooters were doing on WoW, I strongly suspect they would have been practicing the same violent attacks they later committed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join