It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beta Uprising - World of warcraft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Perhaps its the result of my other hobby that I liked to do while playing WoW.

Baking?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's interesting that people can call an MMO player anti-social based on the requirements of how to play an MMO.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What about all those nasty book that are out there, they often describe things much worse than any screen related.

I wonder how many psychos, American Psycho created...

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I GOT IT! The reason I didn't want to shoot any schools up after playing WoW is because I played a healer. I wanted to keep people alive, not kill them. Makes sense right? Eh?

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have ADD I can "black hole or rabbit hole" realities to see what it is down there, but I can also climb up.. What happens when a ADD jumps and can't climb up?
Well actually I can't climb up, I found a old recipe from Asia Tibetan includes tea. But Dr pepper and wow will make you twisted

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I wonder how many psychos, American Psycho created...

At least one that I am personally aware of.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I GOT IT! The reason I didn't want to shoot any schools up after playing WoW is because I played a healer. I wanted to keep people alive, not kill them. Makes sense right? Eh?

And here I was thinking you were more of an anti-Paladin type guy.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nope. I played a NE Druid. My professions were herbalism and alchemy too. So basically I played a hippy who picked herbs and created drugs. Plus I helped people in trouble. That doesn't sound like me?
edit on 22-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It's interesting that people can call an MMO player anti-social based on the requirements of how to play an MMO.

By anti-social, I don't mean the same thing as massive mutlipayer gaming. I think you understand what I am saying though. I am talking about real life interaction. Humans need that. We need to learn body language and respect and what is ok and not ok, etc. When being held accountable for actions and responsibility for those actions is a part of MMO, I may change my mind. At this point, MMO and any related types of game play are very anti-social.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Are you aware that people have met their husbands or wives in MMO's? If you can develop the deepest connection possible through a computer screen, I'd say that face-to-face human interaction isn't totally necessary for the social experience.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yes, exactly the point!!!

To the Freemasons don't OT please

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
No we can attribute the "beta uprising" to psychopaths , and raising a whole generation of kids that have no spine and no ability to deal w adversity, politically correct cry babies , whose feelings get hurt at everything, but w no willpower or drive to get out there and be a man , make a change, grow a pair and DO SOMETHING!

/ end rant

Edit to add, me and my girl still play WOW together, still manage to hit the gym 6 days a week together, work full time jobs, travel, experience life and have fun

Everything else is just an excuse imho
edit on 10/22/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

A game could invoke feelings in the real world, you are portraying the exact thing I'm pointing out

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

I'm still lost. How does finding love in a game prove your point that WoW (and possibly other MMO's) is inspiring people to commit mass murders.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
How i put this?

Miley Cyrus want's perform naked

One want's to take sword and go slice teachers.

Why do we need to blame videogames?

just my 00,2c

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

But the game isn't invoking those feelings. Those are two people creating a shared connection over something they love to do, which is usually the case when people fall in love. WoW only serves as the facilitator for this connection. It could just as easily have been Everquest or even Facebook.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

A game could invoke feelings in the real world, you are portraying the exact thing I'm pointing out

Yeah at about the same level as a guy in a check out line could piss off a psychopath and trigger a homicidal event

That doesn't mean checkout lines cause murders

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Camelot ring a bell? Love is an ideal.. It's the same horse # which you forced with the KJV

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Camelot ring a bell? Love is an ideal.. It's the same horse # which you forced with the KJV

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join