It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beta Uprising - World of warcraft

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have a theory about the latest posts about the beta uprising and school killings/shooting, what connects them all are the online game of world of warcraft.. My theory somewhere in there is a group which are recruiting..

Breivik world of warcraft was the trigger.. Now its just follow ups..

What do you guys think?
And how many WoW players do we have to extend my theory?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They are targeting ADD, Asperger..

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I played WoW up until about march this year, and I have never had the urge to go psycho and shoot up anything, person or place.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think I derailed on your logic train here. How does WoW contribute to mass shootings?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I personally put 225days play time on my rouge back on classic wow before any expansion.During this time i was a junior in high school. However being an ex avid wow player(I quit when burning crusade came out so that I could enjoy high school a bit) and blizzard fan boy I just don't see it. Everything from the graphics to the story are kinda non-violent cartoony.

How would you know WoW was involved with all these kids,why not Diablo 2 or CoD? Why not team fortress or GTA. What makes you single out WoW? Perhaps they didn't eat breakfast and Cheerios are to blame.

a reply to: Hyperia

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I used to play YEARS ago when it first came out (and for those that remember Starcraft, that too), but I grew up and had responsibilities. I don't think these can be considered recruiting grounds necessarily. More of a "peer pressure" group world wide. Gone are the days when peer pressure was only those in your own school and around you. There is no personal responsibility for kids anymore as they can say and do whatever they want online with no repercussions. I can't get on to a kid and call their parents when they bully my kid if they are in Germany and I am in the US if you get what I am saying. Really it comes down to the parents of these kids not giving a crap or just doing whatever is easiest to smooth the situation and keep them quiet, whether that be TV, Games, Movies, etc....sit them down in front and it is now the baby sitter. Kids have no real form of interaction with one another anymore...all they want to do is be online and connected and blah blah blah.

Anywho...enough of my old dude with kids rant. Mine have to earn time on their electronics, and it is only 30 minutes when they do and only a couple or 3 times/week. Outside is where they roam. They meet up with kids in the neighborhood and build forts and stuff, play in the creek, actually use their imaginations, read books, etc.
edit on 10/22/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
They are targeting ADD, Asperger..

No, they are targeting people who like to be entertained, gamer's, the only thing they are killing is....Time.

Apparently a maniac can be a gamer....
edit on 22-10-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

A primate is very perceptible, ADD and Asperger has a closer relation to the cerebral cortex, you can alter the reality of someone who is normally frustrated by using cardinal virtues.. And then its just portraying a bad guy.. Who doesnt follow the "knights code of honor" if you see to Breiviks manifesto 2083 it portrays the sothic cycle and a timeframe of the last bible and a jump to egypt mythology.. They believe the world is the illusion of the game WoW, and sees them as knights who are defending the noble virtues of western society.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

you cant influence a normal thinking person..

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Two and a half seconds of the soundtrack from that video brought my grandson eagerly over to the computer asking what it was. Interesting.

I don't know about WOW but I think a thread is needed on the fantasy element of recent attacks. There was the German politician who got hit with a low quality copy of a fantasy movie prop, which was itself a copy of a particular design of knife. She got a nasty owie. Hitting people with cheap copies of fantasy imitations of real knives is wrong. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now we have the man in the Star Wars mask. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm thinking they're trying to awaken the implanted suggestions.

Curse you Rambo.
edit on 22 10 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

story telling is the aspect.. Linguistics is one of the most powerful influences

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Two and a half seconds of the soundtrack from that video brought my grandson eagerly over to the computer asking what it was. Interesting.

This right here is exactly what happens with my stepson anytime anything is on a phone/computer/tv. The immediate attraction is mind boggling. It is like he appears out of nowhere and glues his face to the screen. Personally I see it as a very unhealthy quality, but I am sure a lot of parents do not and just let their kids sit in front of these things all the time.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Hmm... I played WoW from release up until WotLK came out, and I was a pretty hardcore player. I also have ADD. I can't say that I've ever had the desire to shoot up any schools or malls.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I think I derailed on your logic train here. How does WoW contribute to mass shootings?

Haven't you heard? all video games encourage violence.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I worked with commercial before I did a 180, I told my brother don't let your kid watch TV, let him play certain games on the iPad, until he reaches a certain age.. Then the TV is ok.. I quit, and I still get offers of pretty please, and I say no, what I did was unethical, but I can have a class for your team about the basics, but what I know is locked away, since it's harmful.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I also have ADD. I can't say that I've ever had the desire to shoot up any schools or malls.

Did you just forget to do it?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hey gipsy! You wanna contribute? You know a lot more about the cardinals in here

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Perhaps its the result of my other hobby that I liked to do while playing WoW.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Haven't you heard? all video games encourage violence.

No, but they do encourage anti-social behavior.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join