It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee crisis: Nine-month pregnant 14-year-old goes missing amid anger the Netherlands is allowing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
DOUBLE POST

edit on 22-10-2015 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The picture shown of Fatima, the preganant 14 yr old. Shows a beautiful unhappy girl. It almost looks as if she doesn't know what joy is.

I hope the people in charge took one look at her and offered her a chance to go to a womans shelter or something.
edit on 22-10-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
To play devil's advocate if we are going to start picking and choosing what bits of Sharia law we are going to acknowledge then we are really opening up the floodgates. Beheading seems quite common in Sharia Law so should we say that is accepted then. I find it utterly appalling that people are even thinking some middle ground should be sought here. What is wrong with people. Sharia Law has no part in Western Society, end of, and I am sorry if that means the 14 year old is going to lose her husband, she is a child and should be protected under our Child Protection Laws, and then if her and her husband don't want that they do have a choice. They don't need to stay in the Country, they can go to a Country where they are free to live together.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

in my opinion the reason it is a grey area is, the marriage issue, not recognising the marriage creates a scenario where the country in question is refusing to accept the cultural and religious beliefs of another person,

Granted in your post you asked about why we should be expected not do X or Y in particular countries.. and my answer to that would be, that is what separates us from these countries, the reason people have a pretty awful time in those countries, the reason they are at war, the reason people flee to these countries is because they are ran by tyrants, who do not accept change, or peoples rights, or other cultures...

thats exactly the issue...

i cant stress, i am not saying the scenario is right.. i am however saying that to presume it is ok in every situation to separate the "family" because it does not conform to our way of life is not really the sensible solution, certainly not at first, there are many options... but a blanket no cant work... for example...

take two scenarios...

so a person comes to the country with a 17 year old bride, he is 30... but he has been married to her for three years, he was married to her when she was 14... do we split these people up? even if neither want this to happen?

the second scenario, a person is married again we will choose at 27 the male marries a 14 year old... but when he comes to the country she is 1 month from her 16th birthday... again say she chooses to not want to leave him...

what is the real difference between this scenario and the one above, the above one would be protected by law the bottom one not... even more so, the marriage would be ok when she turns 16? this seems like a very grey area to enforce a "break them up policy" when we would allow (at least legally) a 17 year old to marry a 30 year old in this country?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
The picture shown of Fatima, the preganant 14 yr old. Shows a beautiful unhappy girl. It almost looks as if she doesn't know what joy is.

I hope the people in charge took one look at her and offered her a chance to go to a womans shelter or something.

yes i hope she is educated, gets the chance to make her own choices, however we cant force those decisions on her because we view the world differently.. this is where the line sits..

see so say she is very very religious and believes happiness is not as important as staying in this relationship so as to achieve enlightenment and go to heaven, we give her options, we can allow all the ground work to be done, we can try re teach her, but we cant tell her that her religious beliefs are wrong, we can disagree with them, but what separates us from tyrannical countries is our willingness to accept others beliefs.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

i dont agree we are acknowledging it.. we cant and shouldn't allow Sharia law to be acted out in our country, however we cant hold people accountable for acting out Sharia law in a country which operates under Sharia law.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

So if we went to their country of origin, we wouldn't have to obey their laws?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

This is a sensible option. Automatically voiding someone's marriage from one country upon immigrating to a new one is a snowball zone. Offer the option for divorce, but leave it up to the wives entirely. It's not just about their age to them, it's a matter of support & family for them & their children. If they think they can carry on without the husband's support, then they should be allowed to do so. If they don't think they can,or don't WANT to, leave it be.

we're talking about children here, in a country that by what I understand is pretty liberal, the last thing they should have to worry about is supporting a family that they were probably forced into having. They should be made to feel secure enough to divorce if that is there choice without fear about such things. after all, if they were a 13 year old orphan, wouldn't the state take care of them? Same with the babies, the state would take care of them also. I'm sure that a way could be found for both the mother and her children to be place under the supervision of kind families willing to watch over them if need be.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm sorry I stand firm with this. It is up to the people coming into a Country to assimilate with that Country's laws and beliefs, not vice versa. If we had forced them to come here then obviously that would be different, it would be a dictatorship, but we haven't. If we start giving in to things like this we are going down a slippery slope because then other ethnic groups could start asking us to assimilate with their beliefs, we could be accused of favouring one group's beliefs over another. The United Nations warn against this as I have set out before otherwise an asylum's seekers beliefs would be taking precedence over the beliefs of the indeginous people and that should never be allowed to happen a reply to: GonzoSinister

edit on 22-10-2015 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure about this. It seems to me the ones who came in married should be able to stay married (if they want to), but the rest, or unmarried immigrants will need to obey the laws of the land.

Perhaps the young girls should be interviewed in a private location to see if they really want to be married.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I will tell you why I remain firm with this and why to start accepting this is dangerous. We have massive problems here in the UK with paedophile rings. I am going to use an example here of a paedophile ring of muslims not because for one minute I am saying all paedophiles are muslim (obviously they aren't Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, 80 MPs, the list goes on and on) but just because this girl we are talking about is muslim and it is relevant. There are three cases here:-

www.express.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.mirror.co.uk...

I think it was in the Rotherham case where one of the men had said he didn't realise he was doing anything wrong because to have sex with a younger girl is accepted in his culture. I will try and find a link for this. There were similar things coming out on the other two cases.

What sort of a message would European Countries be sending out to asylum seekers, immigrants and paedophiles in general if they accepted and acknowledged this?
reply to: angeldoll

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They get these young girls pregnant for one reason only.... so that they can't have a life and must obey that man from then on... and to create many more 'Muslim' children! If they are allowed to stay with these men, you can bet that in 10-15 years time they will have another 4 or 5 kids in tow and thats by the age of 30.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just to balance out my previous post showing muslim paedophile rings, this was a separate paedophile who were all White British

theukdatabase.com...

As I said it is a massive problem and so there is no way any marriage to a child under 16 should be acknowledged, at least not in my country, paedophiles would be in their element, they would use the acknowledgment to say they thought it was more widely accepted now.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GonzoSinister

You're not wrong. The simple fact is she's already missing. So, I'm going to hope for the best for both mother and child.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

lol, a muslim nation taking syrian muslim immigrants? roflmao

Now THAT is a statistic worth googling if you don't already know it.
edit on 22-10-2015 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join