It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there so much gore/ gross things everywhere online? (news sites etc)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
If you are too sensitive to the real world what are you doing on the internet?ry.

Spoken like a succesfully brainwashed good citizen.

The fact that you equate gore and violence with the "real world" - and the internet (interesting!) - says it all.
The "real world" consists in equal or FAR greater measure of daily happiness, beauty, joy, wonders all around - of striving to make it better.
But people who don't even perceive this facet of the world as "real" are lost, I fear.

edit on 22-10-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra
Excactly

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
Because that is the reality of life. To me it sounds like you have been sheltered from reality for a long time.

It's the reality of YOUR life - or so you have been led to believe.
To me it sounds like you've been brainwashed for a long time.

BTW, joy, beauty, love of all kinds, constructive effort towards a semblance of "Arcadia" - or just to make the world a better, nicer place, day by day - are old stuff, too. They have been around for a long time, too.
Have you asked yourself why would the internet not gather THAT in one place?
Why would the media not report (as extensively) on THAT?

Hint: it's not because they would be hard to find.

edit on 22-10-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The human race can achieve great things, but we should rather not master in torture, wars, misery and pain.... there are must better things to seek in life than observe the worst of humanity everyday and be entertained by the bad news, believing this is the real world. Because it's not... it's just the dark side of humanity.

Also you are not becoming any tougher in your real life watching gore all day, but what you will became is a senseless, emotionless, zombie.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The world is full of horribleness?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdAstra

originally posted by: Tjoran
Because that is the reality of life. To me it sounds like you have been sheltered from reality for a long time.

It's the reality of YOUR life - or so you have been led to believe.
To me it sounds like you've been brainwashed for a long time.

BTW, joy, beauty, love of all kinds, constructive effort towards a semblance of "Arcadia" - or just to make the world a better, nicer place, day by day - are old stuff, too. They have been around for a long time, too.
Have you asked yourself why would the internet not gather THAT in one place?
Why would the media not report (as extensively) on THAT?

Hint: it's not because they would be hard to find.

No, Pretty sure when i said reality i meant reality. The world is a big place, bad thing's happen. The internet is a place were all those bad things can get posted and funnel around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join