It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Biden's out...what does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As most now know VP Biden is now out of the presidential running, but what does this mean? While it may not seem like a big deal at first glance, there really is a pretty strong message sent by Biden's sudden exit.

In order to understand one must look at the bigger political picture. Biden entered the race for the democratic nominination just over a month ago. He must have known something back then because otherwise he would have never risked the public embarrassment of having to withdraw so soon after throwing his hat in the ring. What could this nugget of knowledge have been?

Regardless of his bumbling nature, Biden is still the VP and as such he had access to inside information (inside the beltway intel). For him to enter the race against a political titan like Hillary Clinton the information he had must have been pretty powerful. Clinton has been polling at about 46-50% approval within the party, compared to Biden's poll numbers of about 15%. With those numbers it was political suicide for Biden...unless he knew something.

Biden entered the race because he likely knew, or had a pretty good idea, Hillary would be charged by the FBI in the Benghazi / classified email investigation. This would cause her to drop out eventually. He must have also known the president wouldn't intervene in the matter. Biden's exit from the democratic race is even more telling.

Biden's sudden exit from the race sends an even stronger message. This new message is, Clinton likely won't be charged by the FBI in the email-gate affair...and that the president will do anything in his power to prevent this from happening in order to preserve the image of the party over all else (including justice).

So there you have it. Biden's out, but it's the underlying message sent by his entry and sudden exit which is so important.

edit on 10/22/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Biden was never a candidate for President. He was merely weighing whether to run or not and the media got ahead of themselves.

As far as the Hillary situation? Any hope the GOP had of tying an albatross around her neck sailed when McCarthy opened his mouth on television.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Well, I respectfully disagree. Biden's mere mention of the fact he was considering it put him in the running. He didn't have to do anything else really to formally enter.

edit...and, at the end of the day, it doesn't change the message sent.

edit on 10/22/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have been so busy with the Canadian elections, I haven't had time to look into any of the US elections happening. Correct me if im wrong, But wasn't Biden your best shot at not having a # president?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

"Clinton likely won't be charged by the FBI in the email-gate affair...and that the president will do anything in his power to prevent this from happening in order to preserve the image of the party over all else (including justice)."

Pretty much says it all in my opinion. Biden figured it out or was told that nothing will come of "Email-gate"; Clinton will fade that and the investigation will be allowed to slowly die on the vine.

Looking at the bigger picture, (and I know a lot more "Republicans" than "Democrats" because of where I live), it means that, assuming Trump gets the Republican nomination, Hilary will be the next POTUS. I see Trump as working for Hilary as a poison pill for the Republicans, many of whom will simply sit out the general election. Its a sad, sad, situation.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Hefficide

Well, I respectfully disagree. Biden's mere mention of the fact he was considering it put him in the running. He didn't have to do anything else really to formally enter.

edit...and, at the end of the day, it doesn't change the message sent.

I'll admit I'm not a seasoned observer on this, but in an article around this on the BBC Newsnight program in the UK this week it talked about the fact that he had never formally entered the race (which IMHO does make a difference) and the death of his son last year from cancer is still something he is working through and so decided it was in no ones best interest to enter.

Is it just me, or should someone is his early 70's just a little too old to be considered suitable for what could be an eight year term? No disrespect to Mr Biden who I am sure has an awful lot still to offer, but is potentially being the president the best place to use his years of experience and networks?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm not sure we can tell what it means until the polls come in without Biden.

Personally, that's what I suspect his 'exploratory run' was all about -- polling. Across the board, pollsters have included him. We lost months of valuable poll information because of this stunt.

What the next polls show will tell us more about why Biden floated a possible run.

They always play tricks with our votes and elections.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

All the VP Bidens' withdrawl proves is that the puppet masters have someone else groomed to be their Frontman as president

it will be someone who will preside over the restructuring of Europe as the US & the USD revives a failed EU with hundreds of Billions in loans/bailouts to the EU

thus prolonging the life of the fiat USD that is fast being demoted in confidence and usage by the BRICS and others in the developing nations.

in actuality Trump might just be the man for the Corptocracy being formed under the fledgling TPP and the grander 2 other 'Trade' deals being implemented to do away with sovereignty all together

this post is not going to go in detail, that will come later as the USA takes the reigns and the EU becomes a basket case because of the flood of refugees/migrants that overwhelm all free-market/capitalist economies

the USD gets a reprieve for a generation/decade plus...that is the forward looking need of governance & experience for the next 8 year term of presidency

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

All the VP Bidens' withdrawl proves is that the puppet masters have someone else groomed to be their Frontman as president

Biden never put himself actually in, he considered it, so QED he hasn't withdrawn, has he?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

In order to understand one must look at the bigger political picture. Biden entered the race for the democratic nominination just over a month ago. He must have known something back then because otherwise he would have never risked the public embarrassment of having to withdraw so soon after throwing his hat in the ring. What could this nugget of knowledge have been?

I look at it this way.

Biden works for a "company". He is one of the major faces of that "company". He has certain responsibilities and requirements.

One of those requirements is that he had to offer himself for "promotion" as a confident and valuable asset. Basically for appearance sake.

Even though that "company" has already chosen the person they want to head the "company".

Political role playing to keep the consumer of the "company" product happy.

I personally don't think he wants it or ever had that intention.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Crazy "Uncle Joe" was probably told that TPTB couldn't count on him to follow the plan. They need candidates on "both sides" to be able to make the same promises to their constituents that they have been for generations, but then take office and keep the country on the same path of war and elite/banker/Wall Street rule. They are probably worried that he would flub his lines or something and not stick to the script.

Republicans, Democrats and other party candidates that are elected are all just "progressives"... progressing our hard earned money into the corporatocracies pockets.

Edited to add: On the other hand, perhaps Annee is correct.
edit on 22-10-2015 by tallcool1 because: another thought

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tallcool1

Well, I also think we need to look at the direction of World Power.

People always say, this is different - - its a new era. But, this time I think it really is.

We've never had the Global connection/issue as we have today - - with easy access, internet, technology, etc.

We can't look at "What Was", what individuals want, or just our own borders - - - its a new game.

We need someone tough, someone truly hungry - who can be cutthroat when needed.

I don't see Sanders or Biden as that person.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It means one less old white person for the Dems.

new topics

top topics

join