It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs Ark?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sntx
A kind is defined by reproduction. Animals that can produce offspring with each other are of the same kind.

Then your 'kind' is the same as species and means far to many animals to put into the ark.

Living things always reproduce after their own kind. This is observable and testable today.

Since you have defined kind as being something that it can interbreed with, of course this is true.

shar
also all the anaimals u see today alot is creation from man playing with the genes cross breading and such.

Outside of some cats and dogs what are you talking about? How many 'human made' animals were around in noahs time anyway then?

yes there r alot from the mule to dogs and cats half zebras

Ok, so thats four, counting 'half zebra'. Now what about the other millions of animal species out there?

About the boat on the mountain top, I would very much like to examine it

There is no boat atop a mountain. There might be a mongol fort on one of the mountains in the region.

Therefore, it remains a mystery.

Insofar as there is no reason to beleive the 'reports', its not much of a mystery.

So really, arguing over the logistics and such won't really do anything

You simply can't get that many animals into a boat that small, nor can you even get the animals there. How are things like kangaroos supposed to get there? Or the koala which only eats eucalyptus? Not to mention the thousands of other species all acorss the planet? Its unreasonable to think it can happen, short of a miracle. And miracle isn't much of an explanation.

how do u know they didnt have cloning were u there.

How do you know that they didn't have some other magic technology that could take a picture of an animal and then recreate it alive later? Maybe noah used compressed wormholes to shrink large animals to small sizes, or maybe john titor traveled back in time after the flood to before the flood. One can make up all sorts of things. There is only one biblical account. That account says noah was a drunkard and that he and his family made a big boat out of wood native to the region and that representatives of every animals walked on to it.

And this society with genetic engineering is also still keeping kosher by the way?

i didnt say anything about a live mother.

The point was that if you have an embryo you still need a mother to bear it. Infact, in many animals you need a mother, possibly even a population, to teach it how to behave.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Originally posted by lonewolf33Wrong again the tower of Babel happened after that the scattered of all people different languages etc... the tower of Babel means gate a gate to someplace. study
I am wrong again? How about I play my high and mighty card and tell you that I haven't been wrong yet. But do tell, what does the tower of Babel have to do with anything? shall we examine your DNA capable civilization as regards the Tower of Babel? I say yes. This advanced civilization commenced the building of a tower out of brick and slime for mortar, and that is all we know. Now given your advanced society, brick and mortar would not reach the heavens would it? in fact, even steel has not yet accomplished this, is this not correct? why, we haven't even touched the clouds.

So your point then is?

first of all r u druck! u told me nothing else happened after the flood i corrected u and said yes it did. the tower of babal happened. period. i just corrected your mistake. now the tower of babal was not a tower as in ladders it was a gate i will not continue if u dont understand at least that much.

[edit on 1/6/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf33

first of all r u druck! u told me nothing else happened after the flood i corrected u and said yes it did. the tower of babal happened. period. i just corrected your mistake. now the tower of babal was not a tower as in ladders it was a gate i will not continue if u dont understand at least that much.
First, I am "druck?" what is that exactly? Kindly write in the best English with which you are capable; and if the above is the best you can muster, then you are far below my league and I have no interest. "U" is but a vowel in the English language, the language of this forum, and I prefer not to debate those who cannot properly express themselves in same when it appears to be their native tongue. If you wish to present a coherent case, then, present one without the unintelligent chat lingo, particularly where you speak to history, in that, "babal" should be Babel. And yes, the tower of Babel �happened,� but you have still to explain what this event has to do with your psychobabel (intentional sic) on Babel; that is, the building of the tower. How does that event pertain to dna? Gates have nothing to do with same unless you consider the wood a source for your dna construct, n'est pas?

Hopefully your next response will be on topic, not a diversion, coherent and on point, as I have no tolerance for those who cannot express themselves with at least a smattering of proficiency in their mother tongue. I trust you understand how I view the worthiness of those with whom I wish to engage in dialogue.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

A kind is defined by reproduction. Animals that can produce offspring with each other are of the same kind.

Then your 'kind' is the same as species and means far to many animals to put into the ark.

That would be true if it wasn't for the fact that mans taxonomy regarding species is often wrong. You state that there were too many animals to fit on the Ark as if you were there. Thanks for sharing your opinion but I'm inclined to be swayed more by the testimony of one who was there, God.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Jack Chick had a comic out about the Ark. I have that comic. The ark was found in 1916 by some Russians. A courier was sent out to deliver the news to Czar Nicholas II, but was killed by a firing squad--I think it was Trotsky's men if I remember right.

They found cages in the ark. The ark was huge enough for two or seven of every animal, and for a year's supply of food. I think it was big enough to fit over 500 railroad cars. I know Noah took a long time to build it!

Isn't it amazing...Noah's everyone's however-times-many-great grandfather!

The ark still rests on Mount Ararat but it's hard to get to. Part of it is encased in ice. I think it would be SO cool to actually go up there and look around inside it!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I happen to believe that the animals went into hibernation during the 40 days and nights of rain. This way the did not need as much food or have as much waste products of metabolism due to the slowing of this in the hibernation state.

Just a thought...anyone ever hear of cloning? GOD created DNA, afterall.

I also believe that the story of Noah was/is the same Sumerian story of Gilgamesh.

There are great flood stories from around the globe.

Noah was the 5th grandson of Adam, I think,and was privvy to knowledge about life and the universe and this planet. Wasn't he the son of Enoch? Anyone ever read the Lost Books of the Bible?

There is also archeological evidence that Noah's boat has been found. I have seen pics of in...I think possibly in National Geographic???..but I can't remember exactly where.

[edit on 1/10/2005 by Cherish]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If technology was so advanced back then then how come none of the other people were able to survive?

Lets say for the sake of argument that Noah did fit all the animals on the ark with out problem and he had enough food to last them till the flood was over.
What exactly did they eat when the flood was over?
Even if they had a years worth of food which is lot when you consider how much two elephants eat in a year ( over 54 tons a year more or less for the elephants alone) I dont think that would be enough to last them while their food sources regrew to the extent necessary to support a population of at least a hundred different animals.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
in a world wide flood all of the animals would hav died, all of the vegetation would have been useless. the ground would have been so awful that food wouldnt have been grown for many years. noah if this happened would have had to eat the animals he had taken aboard with him. i find that hard to believe because he's supposed to be saving those animals. also the ark is not on that mountain, the were not cages found, go there and see for yourself before taking someone's word for it.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
I happen to believe that the animals went into hibernation during the 40 days and nights of rain.
It was a total of 285 days.

Just a thought...anyone ever hear of cloning? GOD created DNA, afterall.

Yes, and all right this is an hypothesis only put forward to add credulity to what is supposed to be the testament of God, where hypotheses are supposed to be scientific anathema to The Bible.

Noah was the 5th grandson of Adam, I think,and was privvy to knowledge about life and the universe and this planet. Wasn't he the son of Enoch? Anyone ever read the Lost Books of the Bible?
Eighth actually, and no, he supposedly had no knowledge of anything. as well he was the great-grandson of Enoch.Keep up the search Cherish, curiosity is a good thing.

[edit on 1/11/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
www.religioustolerance.org...

I really suggest reading that. Talks about how Hinduism basically has the same story but was created a lot earlier.

The story is relatively impossible. For 40 days he had to feed every land animal on Earth. Not only would it take so much damn space to fit all the animals in an ark, but to feed them for 40 days is completely outrageous. Also keep in mind how many land animals he would have to get, and how long that would take, and how he'd have to keep them organized and fed while he gets the rest of the land animals. Aside from that, I doubt Noah knows that there are over 300 types of hummingbirds (and he'd have to get two of each) and that Koala bears have a strict diet of eating only one eucalyptus leaf per day.

You tell me this story is true and I'll consider you mentally retarded.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

That would be true if it wasn't for the fact that mans taxonomy regarding species is often wrong.

Where is this so?

You state that there were too many animals to fit on the Ark as if you were there.

If we don't know, even by a reasonable estimate, how many species were on the planet back then, then why not start with that statement? Why not say that the ark was big enough because, however many animals can fit in it, thats how many kinds there were?

Thanks for sharing your opinion but I'm inclined to be swayed more by the testimony of one who was there, God.

Well, since I wasn't trying to sway you one way or the other, go right ahead. I don't care if you beleive that the ark was a thetan spaceship or a wood and tar miracle, I'm just trying to understand your position and my own.

amethyst
The ark was found in 1916 by some Russians. A courier was sent out to deliver the news to Czar Nicholas II, but was killed by a firing squad--I think it was Trotsky's men if I remember right.

Sounds more like an Indiana Jones book. Oh wait, it is

Jack Chick had a comic out about the Ark. I have that comic

Jack Chick is an uneducated buffoon.

cherish
There is also archeological evidence that Noah's boat has been found.

Actually, there isn't any archaeological evidence for noah's ark.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

That would be true if it wasn't for the fact that mans taxonomy regarding species is often wrong.

Where is this so?

Equus asinus and Equus caballus
Panthera leo and Panthera tigris
Pseudorca crassidens and Tursiops truncatus
Elaphe guttata and Lampropeltis triangulum
Litchi chinensis Dimocarpus longana

As you can see the errors in taxonomy even go beyond species into genera.

link   

Where is this so?

link   

Where is this so?

Steve

[edit on 103131p://666 by sntx]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Noahs ark was a spaceship...and he had test tubes with dna in them...
good way to fit all kind of species in a small place...

Gods peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
lol i hope that's a joke

the inventory for billions of test tubes with dna would be impossible to put together in what noah had '120 years'. anyway you wouldnt be able to do anything with the dna after the flood because there would be no animals to artificialy inseminate. you can't just get some dna and make something from that...tis a little more complicated dear

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
lol i hope that's a joke

the inventory for billions of test tubes with dna would be impossible to put together in what noah had '120 years'. anyway you wouldnt be able to do anything with the dna after the flood because there would be no animals to artificialy inseminate. you can't just get some dna and make something from that...tis a little more complicated dear

agreed...very complicated to get all the animals of the world onto a boat that size...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Also just because it said two of every animal ment they had to be fully grown because the last time i checked a newborn kangaroo could fit in my hand but they grow up to be pretty frigin large

and lastly maybe some animals are only in one area because they are not fit to survive in others areas so they died off and tthey developed a genetic instinc to stay were they are at

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
the clear truth of the noah's ark story is that it... well, it's just a story. if it were something more than every flood myth on the planet would involve noah and his exact story because we're all descended from noah's family and we'd all know it. it wouldn't be a myth that's only found in an ancient hebrew writing. it's also clear that the myth was plaguerized from the epic of gilgamesh.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlenagreed...very complicated to get all the animals of the world onto a boat that size...

Not half as complicated as building a boat that long out of wood. 430 something foot makes it the largest vessel ever built out of wood in recorded history. We couldn't build a boat that size out of wood now. Noah more implausible story?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join