It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hail Satan, Our Father Who Art in Hell; Hallowed Be Thy Name

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The form is still worth self-analysis, don't you think?
Do you feel a strong outer need for this or it is your personal need? Maybe you wanted to believe but your mind is an obstacle.
Later today I came across an interresting randomized blind self experiment and found coincidental atheistic correlations in the text. Not that it's related to anything. I just found this kind of atheism more softened and refined. self-study of a kind
Well and thus more sneaky but that's another story.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

LOL
K~

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
Do you feel a strong outer need for this or it is your personal need?

Sorry. A need for what?

Maybe you wanted to believe but your mind is an obstacle.

Believe in Satan? God? I gave up the Christian faith.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

A need for making threads like this too often. The urge to contest someone's beliefs. Maybe to take their faith away from them to be like you or (subconsciously) to find a relief in their answers.
Believe in God. Everyone gives it up from time to time but not Him man! That's why you're still around.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
A need for making threads like this too often. The urge to contest someone's beliefs. Maybe to take their faith away from them to be like you or (subconsciously) to find a relief in their answers.

I do like to contest someone's beliefs and if that results in a change or loss of faith, cool. To be fair it's no different than those that believe contesting the uncertainty or lack of belief others have. No doubt they are satisfied in their own way if they give someone faith. Perhaps some of them subconsciously find relief in the answers of those that don't share their faith, because they themselves are in doubt.

Believe in God. Everyone gives it up from time to time but not Him man! That's why you're still around.

I am personally certain that the God of Abraham does not exist. I am open to some concept of a god perhaps. But not those that have thus far been claimed to exist.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Empathy (The Golden Rule) is the root of morality. Even scientists talks about how empathy helps social species to survive. In Matthew 7:12, The Golden Rule is called God's Law. So yes, anything that is not based on morality/goodness (empathy/the golden rule), I ignore.

Reason is also a root of morality..I guess you just ignore that too since it mentions in the bible that man's reason is inherently flawed..

The same way people with free-will are tricked into scams and deception even today.

Your missing my point..They weren't deceived by Satan... Satan told them they would know what is right and wrong if they ate of the fruit. Which is one of the abilities God had. So how was it a deception?

he story says that God warned them that eating the fruit will bring death into the world, but satan encouraged it anyway. It's no different than someone who uses peer pressure to get someone to smoke a cigarette even though they know it will eventually kill them. I know everyone probably has a different opinion of what a true friend is, but In my opinion, a true friend cares about your well-being, and therefore, would not encourage you to do things that will bring you death and suffering. It's one thing to be kind and accepting of a friend who chooses to smoke, but a completely different thing to encourage a friend who doesn't smoke to smoke and destroy themselves.

You Christians and your 'no true Scotsman fallacies'... Have you ever heard of dangerous fun? People smoke,drink and drive fast sports cars all knowing there's a risk of death in their usage, to say that because a friend encourages you to smoke cigarettes because they think it be beneficial to you in some way is tantamount to advocating for your death is fallacious at best.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

The worst kind of non-smoker is the ex-smoker. Guy that hates smokers anywhere near. Even a few atoms of the fragrance in the air is irritating him because of his hidden desire and addiction.
Similar difference is between an atheist and an anti-theist.
I like all kinds of smoke. I never wanna stop or listen to BS everyday how is it harmful when it's not. I wanna smoke at public places too and I want everyone smoking the good stuff. I won't force you but If you don't like it then run away to your chemically smelling car or house. Organic tobacco prevents cancer btw. It's good for Parkinson. They weren't able to give lab mice cancer with it. Chemicals in your car on the other hand...are diabolically toxic.
You think you know better what is good and bad from the birth. You are free to live on your own but if something is declared a sin it's because it's harmful and toxic for life. It's rather a good advice than a law. Ok, it is a law but do you know a working state or a family ruled by anarchy? Maybe you'll find out that you should have listened to your parents and that they love you more than your buddy selling you drugs. Don't take me literally about the drugs. I'm not promoting an abuse of any of them. They can only mimic a true spirituality and the brain is able to produce them better. It also doesn't mean herbs can't work as a cure or a food. and vice versa
edit on 26/10/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It is amazing how people get fed up with religion but fall for a false religion that Loves Satan more than Jesus.Cannot make this stupid stuff up.
As if somehow magically satanist does not commit a sin.

Threads like these turn into kids fighting over crayons anyways.
edit on 26-10-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
It is amazing how people get fed up with religion but fall for a false religion that Loves Satan more than Jesus.Cannot make this stupid stuff up.
As if somehow magically satanist does not commit a sin.

Threads like these turn into kids fighting over crayons anyways.

the irony is the point.

and many satanists dont care about sin, they are humanist. that is to say, they are more concerned for the welfare of our species than the delicate sensibilities of theological figures. and that (if i understand right) IS a satanic perspective to adopt as such prioritizing suggests we are on equal footing in every sense with the ideological figurehead of judaism. we are just as important as god, if not moreso.

it is difficult for some people here to resist that kind of platform. personally, i can see the appeal in a more grounded approach versus losing perspective with my head in the clouds looking for meaning in the stars.
edit on 26-10-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A lot wrong with your thinking on this, but I'm simply going to make one point, being a huge Sabbath fan.

You ever actually listen to the lyrics for 'After Forever' from Masters of Reality? Same album lord of this world comes off? Is decidedly Christian, or at least sympathetic to Christians.

'I think it is cruel it was people like you who crucified Christ. I think it is sad the opinion you had was the only one voiced.' And so on.

Sabbath arent your heroes of your a Satanist, sorry to say.
edit on 26-10-2015 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

After Forever was written in response to Christians calling them evil Satanists etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

After Forever was written in response to Christians calling them evil Satanists etc.

My point exactly.

And honestly, i do understand your OP. But why 'Satanist' if you're simply a libertarian? Seems misleading to impressionable or naive folk. You have seemed to admit you don't believe in Christianity, so why even invoke the image of the devil? To make points of the immorality of a god you don't believe in?

edit on 26-10-2015 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Could have gone about it better but..

Some Christians on this site get upset when anything critical (not necessarily negative) is said of their faith. This thread hoped to get some of those in here speaking critically of having faith in Satan. Unfortunately my atheist views are too well known here so the majority did not take the bait.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Could have gone about it better but..

Some Christians on this site get upset when anything critical (not necessarily negative) is said of their faith. This thread hoped to get some of those in here speaking critically of having faith in Satan. Unfortunately my atheist views are too well known here so the majority did not take the bait.

Ah, haha. Teaches me not to read a whole thread!

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Like I said...

Personal experience trumps human opinions every time.

A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with an opinion.

Noone has any personal experience with the one you think is GOD.

This is why no one can later talk about it, without sliding deeply into delusions all affected by various themes.

It surely amazes me and anyone with a clear and unguilty soul that you so easily accept the stories you have been fed.

Let me put it this way, if the veil ever gets pulled off, you will be just as bad, or even worse off than the Satanists you fear, and pity.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

He's not supposed to be in hell until after the final judgement.

Presently,he's supposed to be here on earth (to where he was cast down).

When is the first judgement going to happen ?

And where is he so we can meet and chat about things ?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
Forget Satan, what about Peter pan?

Do we really need to hail this higher beings, when they envy the kind of suffering and torture we go through in this life to perfect our souls.

If anything, the unversial law states, we are all part of existance, all is one, one is all.

In truth, the balance of nature dictates, that each entity, whether Satan or Jesus, Krishna, buddah, etc each epitimizies the perfection of both good and evil. It's up to you to choose which you prefer.

Just make sure, you know what your doing.

Peace

Nature does not have a balance, and one is not all, and never will be at this rate.

It is high time to expose this as being NOT a journey or "having an experience" with extreme prejudice.

Good and evil have nothing to do with it either, they are just tools of a far more complex and ridiculous plan.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: LightAssassin

maybe to overpopulate only to return for the feed.

lol wtf god help us

The harvest was INDEED RIPE.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: aethertek

ok you want to play as well, why am i serious? I seriously enjoy people pretending to talk to satan. i also seriosly enjoy participating in an obvious troll tread only designed to gain stars and flags

And you pretend you have a soul too !

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

i have soul all day!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join