It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time travel and MY reasoning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke
Your thoughts had me contemplating if time actually exist. What if time was irrelevant and space/matter was the medium for actual time travel?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
Your thoughts had me contemplating if time actually exist. What if time was irrelevant and space/matter was the medium for actual time travel?

How can you travel though time if it doesnt exist?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat
I've thought of the idea before but never really contemplate the implications.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The best way I could explain it, would be like going from macro to micro. The distance between it isn't a time difference, its a size difference.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

That movie made me so mad, lol! I hated that every time he went back to try and fix things they always ended up worse off!

What gave me the idea for that kind of time travel was actually the movie, "Somewhere In Time" (incredibly romantic, wonderful movie if you haven't seen it)...

The character sort of 'hypnotizes' himself into going back to the early 1900s.

In the movie, his whole body travels back, not just his mind (because the story is him going back way before he was born) - but that got me thinking that a more 'realistic' idea would be your mind traveling back to an earlier time in it's own body...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl
I believe astral projection would be a form of that type of time travel.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
People see things in very black/white terms. It's kind of amusing. You can't exactly travel backwards in time because it doesn't exist anymore, but there may be an alternate reality that is 50 years behind this one.

If you were able to enter the 10th dimension, and somehow exit it with accuracy, you could "time travel" -- as anything possible and imagined to infinity exists concurrently.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I believe astral projection would be a form of that type of time travel.

You and I are about on the same track. You should read my threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I will 😊, I do work at 5 in the morning though so I might not get back to you tonight.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

Actually, not only does time exist, it is 'connected' to space/matter...

Time is 'interwoven'' with space (google space-time continuum) -

- and matter exists 'within' space-time...also, the passing of time can literally be seen in the progression of changing matter...
...i.e. I have only to look in the mirror (at the changes in the 'matter' which makes up my face) to see proof that a lot of time has passed (35 yrs, lol) since I was a 16 yr old.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I remember reading the second thread you posted a couple of days ago, it reminded me of thinking of a thought I came up with. If time travel was possible it would be easier to leave clues in plain sight for the observer to witness.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Cool explanation of time. Thanks for that. I feel like you would have interest in my threads aswell.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I believe Tesla said time was irrelevant, I can't remember exactly what it was but to me if you a label something such as time, your kinda in a sense locking yourself in the box. I could be completely wrong but ill do some reading on it. But like i said earlier, ima have to get up early to work at 5, ill be back tomorrow to reply to anymore post this thread receives.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't know - maybe it 'exists' in some form akin to the way the future 'exists' as probabilities...

I mean, leave out the kind of time travel to the future that happens due to relativity/faster than light speed travel...

...and imagine being able to step in and out of our space-time (thru your 10th dimension maybe?), and think - at what point of 'entering back into' space-time would the delineation of past to future be?

It would all have to exist as a continuum - wouldn't it?...or,
as a "big ball of timey-wimey...stuff", to quote my favorite time traveler

edit on 22-10-2015 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Honey, believe me, when you hit 51 yrs old and compare the face in the mirror to the one you had at 16 - you will in no way consider time to be "irrelevant"...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

How can you travel though time if it doesnt exist?

Suppose it depends on our definitions and understandings of time.

For Pinke, time exists in a very human way. In an uneducated physics way I think of it as a measurement between two frames of reference.

You can't know 'the time' without a reference frame to begin with. I know I got out of bed this morning because I can compare my current frame (not in bed) with my 'previous frame' (totally in bed). You can introduce a third frame of reference and things get bendy where I'm still getting out of bed for DeadCat, but amsterdamn87 who is closer sees me travelling to work, but I'm already at home having dinner from my reference frame.

Generally speaking I imagine it's all interlinked. Gravity, space, time all rely on each other. If the variation between frames didn't exist what would there be? Nothing in a very real sense I'd imagine. Though I can't image this because I'm not that well educated. :/

Is where my thoughts on time travel comes from ... can't just change one frame of reference with another without removing frames completely, but I'm sure this falls down at a quantum level.
edit on 22-10-2015 by Pinke because: Last line

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Actually, not only does time exist, it is 'connected' to space/matter...

Time is 'interwoven'' with space (google space-time continuum) -

- and matter exists 'within' space-time...also, the passing of time can literally be seen in the progression of changing matter...
...i.e. I have only to look in the mirror (at the changes in the 'matter' which makes up my face) to see proof that a lot of time has passed (35 yrs, lol) since I was a 16 yr old.

Actually my argument to that is, atoms are always moving, there is not one thing in this universe that "stands still" so we're not seeing the effects of time but the effects of motion. I'm not claiming that I'm right though its just an observation that just occurred to me. I think earlier something clicked and my view on the idea time doesn't exist made a little more sense to me. I'm gonna have to do a lot of reading before I could expound on that.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

"motion" happens 'within' time...nothing moves without time passing 'while' it is moving -

- with an atom, it is a teensy-tiny-weeny little speck of time, but time does pass while the atom moves...

...You go get some sleep now - you'll need your rest to do all that reading

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm not saying time doesn't exist in a perspective view but in a literal one, I liken it to a soul to a body, everyone perceives the body to have a soul but there isnt a way to get physical evidence of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Very well put! And actually similar to the way physicist Brian Greene explains it in his book, "The Fabric of the Cosmos"...

...an excellent read by the way, if you're interested in this kind of science - he is very good at explaining things like quantum physics in easy to understand ways.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join