It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US approves $11.25 billion warship sale to Saudi Arabia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I know we're kind of busy bombing hospitals, but at least we're making some decent change on the side selling hardware to our Middle East friends, Saudi Arabia. You know, the country where allegedly 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers came from, if you believe the official story. The country that could claim it started the terrorists side of the "war on terror." (or is that Israel?) When it comes to human rights, Saudi Arabia is pretty much tied with a nest of angry hornets. Of course it's more complicated than that because doing business with them is in the interest of the US for many reasons.

The US government has approved the sale of four Lockheed Martin Corp. multimission warships and associated equipment to Saudi Arabia, a deal valued at $11.25 billion, according to a US government official.

The Pentagon's Defense Security Cooperation Agency, which oversees foreign military sales, notified US lawmakers late Monday about the possible sale, said the source, who was not authorized to speak publicly.

US approves sale of warships to Saudi Arabia

Still, it's hard to rectify supporting a regime with such an abysmal human rights record. At what point is it wrong? Is there actually a "point"? Or, is that when they stop cooperating with the US?

Worst of the Worst: Ten countries were given the lowest possible rating of 7 for both political rights and civil liberties.

Central African Republic
Somalia
Equatorial Guinea
Sudan
Eritrea
Syria
North Korea
Turkmenistan
Saudi Arabia
Uzbekistan

Top 10 Worst Countries for Human Rights

And then, of course, there is the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia. Much of the world was rightly repulsed when Isis beheaded the courageous journalist James Foley. Note, then, that Saudi Arabia has beheaded 22 people since [4 August 2014-30 August 2014]. Among the “crimes” that are punished with beheading are sorcery and drug trafficking.

US support of Saudi Arabi

edit on 21-10-2015 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Nvmd.
edit on 10/21/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

So where is your picture of Democrats President Rosevelt who first all the secret deals with the Kingdom.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Great not only have you outfited these desert barbarians with a modern airforce but your going to give them a state of the art navy!

Talk about short sighted and stupid!

Congratulations USA! Good job propping up one of the worst tyrannys on the planet!

[SNIP]

edit on 22-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/22/2015 by kosmicjack because: removed T&C violation
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ah...the America hater dude.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

I am a American hater cause I think your country has made a disgusting mistake selling a modern navy to these neo brabian, women beating, child rapeing , terrorist supporting monsters?

Hahaha hahaha ok then if that makes me a American hater then I am 100% proud of it!

I hate any government that gets in bed with such a regime. .......o thats right thats my own UK too! Yes my own government can go # it self were SA is concerned too! Does that make me a self hateing brit in your little brain too?

I would call myself a saudi Arabia hater personally. ......but in your narrative anyone that doesnt agree 100% with what the USA does and supports and doesnt tow the RARRAR USA USA line is automatically a American hater? Which means critizing your BFF saudi arabia makes one a American hater in your warped logic!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'll bet Israel is pleased!

But then again America is in the WAR business; supplying arms to both sides or committing American lives for Corporate interests.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

The acts of the United States government do not reflect the will of it's people.

Big Oil can see the end in sight.

Saudi Arabia is the backbone of the petro dollar.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Better to make them allies than enemies. That money would have been spent on another country's military industrial complex.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

The acts of the United States government do not reflect the will of it's people.

Big Oil can see the end in sight.

Saudi Arabia is the backbone of the petro dollar.

Dont worry I dont blame the American people.

Just your government.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I would have been pissed off if I were Saudi Arabia. All other terrorists, good rebels blah blah get their weapons giving to them from the USA

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Has been going on for more than four decades.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Cool, so um can we leave the ME now?

Modern Navy to SA, billions to Israel, how much to Egypt now? Surely you don't need our blood and boots anymore.

.........right?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Better than being a self-hating American. It gets tiresome slapping myself in the face every time I see myself in the mirror. Being as vain as I am, you have no idea how many times that happens.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

So where is your picture of Democrats President Rosevelt who first all the secret deals with the Kingdom.

This appears to be a typical democrat who still blames bush for all of our problems.
I still haven't found the fabled hope and change
Gitmo is still open
The Afghanistan occupation was extended
The real unemployment rate is above 10%

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Please add relative, on-topic comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join